The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
$65
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village(Dearborn)(Great Value!)
$88
Staybridge.com
$299
$237
Hotwire.com
All reviewsmain buildinggrounds are beautifulhenry fordgreenfield villagethe cottageshistoric propertystep back in timehistoric feelelegant hotelold schoolconcierge floorbreakfast buffetroom was largeford motor companyfree shuttlefitness centershuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Dearborn Inn for one night due to an early morning meeting my husband had for work and since we are not from the area we opted to stay the night. Upon checking in we were treated like 2 teens trying to "get a room" the gentleman at the desk said we do have a room available at 169.00 a night (long pause) is that going to be okay? Once we got to our room... WOW! It was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in (keep in mind I was a flight attendant for many years). We had one full size bed with small pillows that didnt even seem to be standard size. The walls were paper thin as we could hear the people next door carry on coversation. The bathroom was also VERY small. The food in the hotel was pricey but VERY good and was well worth the money. All in all the rooms sucked not worth what you will pay but I would have dinner there any night of the week!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel oversold the night I was to stay. I was one of 3 people in my party and was giving the options of a king bed, a queen and a sleeper sofa, or being moved to a Hampton Inn where they might have 2 doubles. We chose option 2. We were sent to the White Whitman building. There are 8 buildings on the property. Building....they are bungalows; houses. There are about 4 rooms per house. There is also a main hotel building where there is a restaurant. The room was very nice ; update. A TV in the bedroom and living room where the sleeper sofa was. I've no complaints really except that it was a bit cold. I asked for more blankets though and a staff person brought them right over. I think it was cold because the windows were old; single pane and not therefore good insulators. Everything else was updated. Our house (white whitman) looked good from the outside; most of the others did as well. One wood home could have used some exterior painting. The location is great thought, close to Detroit and "downtown" Dearborn.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed here with the Fiance when we were in town for a wedding in October. I love the place. Overall, it was a great stay! It was built in the 1930s and has had several additions over the years, but the rooms all retain the quaint charm of the inn overall. It's got this great colonial charm.

Checkin was easy and efficient. Staff was really helpful. They don't have a concierge lounge for platinum members, but they do have a wing where they put those clients. We had a junior suite there --- nice upgrade with lots of space. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Internet worked well. Only thing to note --- it’s an older property. Their system will only support air condition or heat, not both. So when the mornings are really cool (so they turn on the heat) and the afternoons warm, the rooms do get a little warm. The windows do open, and maintenance can provide fans, which do make it tolerable.

I was working the day I checked in, so I ordered room service for lunch. The French onion soup and Hummus appetizer were both great. Service was quick and prices were reasonable --- which is rare for room service.

Dined at the Ten Eyck Tavern for breakfast. It was pretty crowded, but service was great. We were seated promptly and served beverages right away. On the breakfast buffet, you found the regular cerals, fruits, eggs, and meats. They did made to order omelettes and waffles --- both of which were really good. My only complaint is this --- the way the breakfast buffet is setup --- when it's busy it gets really crowded around the buffet as there is about a 3 foot walkway in front of it which is separated from the dining area by a wall. As long as you can avoid the crowd, it's great.

Early American Room was under rennovation when I visited --- I think it's going to reopen as Edisons in November. I choose to have dinner in one night as I wasn't feeling well. Went down to the Ten Eyck and they were serving the Early American menu. There were lots of things I wanted to try, but went a little lighter. Lobster bisque was one of the best I've had --- creamy without being too rich with lots of flavor. They had a special salad with blue cheese, apples, and other goodies that was wonderful. Service was excellent --- was something I'd love to do again and try their steaks!

The property does a nice job with weddings / large events. I think we were a group of about 350, and it was great. Food was nice and overall service excellent.

Checkout was also good --- they were quick and efficient. When in the area, I’d definitely come back and try it again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The Dearborn Inn is on a campus-like property ringed by Ford facilities and planes flying overhead from Detroit Metro - no surprise, since it touts itself as the USA's first "airport hotel". Front desk staff couldn't have been more cordial; there were two free computers available for guest use. The bar looked like it had dropped out of the Cotswolds; the main dining room, where we ate at a fabulous breakfast buffet both mornings, was newly-decorated and beautiful with chocolate brown walls and columns. As a matter of fact, all the furnishings looked new, in both common areas and rooms. Great carpeting. A roaring fire added coziness (and comfort!) to guests sitting in the lobby. Behind the main lodge building were several reproduction "houses" with guest rooms inside, fronting on a green. Very Greenfield Village - or town greenish! Our room was in the McGuffy Building, a short walk west. Excellent housekeeper service. The Greenfield Village Package was an unbelievable value: $179/night (plus tax) for the room, an amazingly high quality buffet breakfast for two, four tickets for two Henry Ford attractions, and parking at Greenfield Village. I'd definitely recommend this. Good nearby resaurants: Andiamo (Italian) and Big Fish (guess!). The VanEyk Pub looked very cool but was being renovated. The other restaurant's menu looked quite nice, too, but we wanted to try somewhere off property.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We had a large family gathering and everything was wonderful. Great food, considerate staff and comfortable rooms. We walked around the grounds which was very enjoyable. It was like touring a park. The price was very reasonable and I highly recommend the Dearborn Inn. From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family