“Great to Experience setting of Henry Ford”

The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Highly recommend this hotel for anyone taking part in the Henry Ford Experience.
They offer pkg rates including admission and shuttle to the museum. The historical Ford Family setting sets the ambience. There's the main hotel as well as rooms in separate buildings or Colonial cottages on the grounds (not far frm main lobby). A wedding gazebo; several weddings take place with the estate's backdrop. The buffet breakfast with made to order omelettes is 5 star with attentive, very polished servers. Rooms are standard, anything you need just ask. Only negative is observed inadequacies in housekeeping.

1  Thank Jessica654

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great property close to Henry Ford Museum and Ford R&D center. It is a quick ride from DTW. Quaint yet updated, it has terrific open spaces and is good for business meetings. Bar and Restaurant were both reasonable and had friendly and attentive staff. Only issue (and certainly not a problem given the attentive & prompt staff) is that if you do not have a car, and need to make a quick stop at a store, you will need Guest Services to drive you.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WUBaker
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Weekend visit that included tickets to the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. The valets were great providing door to door service to the local attractions. The front desk was also great. Only complaint was no valets when we arrived to check-in. Will definitely will return in June for a wedding and another visit to the local attractions.

Room Tip: I prefer the hotel rooms vs the cottages.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Dearborn Inn for 2 nights in the beginning of May. It has a beautiful lobby and the room was very nice. Everything was clean and well kept. Since it is an older building the bathroom is fairly small and my one (minor) complaint it that there is no where to put your towel. The walls also seemed a bit thin because I was able to hear people talking in the adjoining room and they were only speaking at a normal volume.

We did the Henry Ford package and the buffet breakfast was very good. There was a chef making fresh omelets, and there was plenty of fresh fruit, danish and other eats. My husband loved the pot of coffee and they even gave him a "to go" cup to take with him.

All in all it was a very enjoyable stay and the proximity to the museum was perfect.

1  Thank NYLizzyTish
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Henry Ford built this hotel in 1930 so his guests arriving at Ford Field across the street wouldn't have to drive into Detroit for lodgings. The airport closed in 1933, but the hotel has continued. The style of the buildings reflects Ford's interest in colonial architecture. An interesting feature are the precise reproductions of famous American's homes behind the main building. These serve as part of the hotel now. Other detached buildings from the main hotel were built with rooms for families and newlyweds, so the rooms are spacious.

I found the staff uniformly friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet. I noticed the bathroom faucet was dripping, so I called the front desk and it was attended to right away as was a burned out light bulb in the desk lamp. I had a late lunch in the dinning room. Both the service and the food were good. The hotel is within walking distance of the Ford museum, but if you prefer a ride, a shuttle is provided. There is an outdoor swimming pool, but the surrounding fence has large signs saying "no swimming." Perhaps it was too early in the season. The hotel bar is large and dark, but the servers were attentive and pleasant and the drinks were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Droplet1927
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I wanted to visit Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village and chose The Dearborn Inn based on good ratings online. We loved this hotel! From the moment we pulled up to the door we were greeted by helpful staff who were always available to make our visit pleasant. I tend to toss and turn in Hotel beds but this bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room so quiet we both slept soundly. Our room was very clean, airy and attractive. we enjoyed our delicious dinner at the Edison on site and made use of the free shuttle to the nearby Museum and Village. We would highly recommend The Dearborn Inn and hope to return.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Lovely hotel except my room was next to the fitness center and I could here the treadmills well into the night! I wish I would have been told while reserving that this was the last available room and that this is a recurring problem. The staff was well aware of this issue but I wasn't told upon check in. Needless to say, I am exhausted and am wishing I would have spent 208.00 on a different hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 328! Do not stay in room 328!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue C
DearbornInnGM, General Manager at The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Guest feedback is vital to our business, and I assure you we will use your comments as we aim to continuously improve our services and facilities.
While we noted many positive attributes in your review of the hotel, I'm very sorry your rest was interrupted by activity in our adjacent fitness center. One of the most important things a hotel can provide is quiet enjoyment of the facility. We truly regret when this is not the case, whatever the reason.
The fitness center has resided in that location for many years, with noise complaints from nearby rooms very infrequent. When advised of any noise complaint, we use a 24-hour person-in-charge (manager/supervisor/security officer) to respond, and find that guests are very cooperative in ceasing in that activity.
We are currently planning for the next phase of renovations at our historic hotel, and will strongly consider a location for the fitness center that is further away from guest accommodations. As noted, it is through feedback such as yours, that we consider such plans. In the interim, you will be contacted by our Executive Assistant / Guest Relations to further address your specific concern. If I may be of further assistance, please contact me at mhrs.dtwdi.gm@marriott.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Henry, Autograph Collection
Hampton Inn by Hilton Detroit Dearborn
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Courtyard Detroit Dearborn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Been to The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!