The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village(Dearborn)(Great Value!)
$94
Staybridge.com
$282
$227
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmain buildinggrounds are beautifulhenry fordgreenfield villagethe cottageshistoric propertystep back in timehistoric feelelegant hotelold schoolconcierge floorbreakfast buffetroom was largeford motor companyfree shuttlefitness centershuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed by myself at the Dearborn Inn for three nights recently in order to attend a conference. I got the conference rate of $110 and, because I am a Marriott Rewards Silver Elite Member, was upgraded at no additional cost to a suite.

The suite was on the second floor of a homestead at the back of the Dearborn Inn property and was quite spacious. The building itself was apparently over 100 years old, but recent renovations included a new toilet, sink, bathtub and shower. Some of the floor tiles in the bathroom, however, were cracked, and appeared to have been somewhat inexpertly fixed. The windows throughout were new and opened easily, but the carpet appeared to be old and worn. The bed linens were clean and the mattress was good. I do not like old buildings, and old hotels in particular, but I felt that an effort had been made to keep this place in good shape. I found that the service was excellent overall.

My main complaint was the smell that hit me when I opened the door of the homestead. I am not going to speculate what it was. However, being able to open the windows in the suite, I was able to get a bit of a cross-breeze, so the smell was not noticeable in the suite itself. However, the problem was compounded by the poor air quality in the greater Detroit area. I was told by someone when I was checking out that air purifiers would be installed in the rooms to improve air quality.

Overall, I had a good experience and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed at the Dearborn Inn for one night (June 1) while visiting the nearby Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village with our family. We reserved two rooms at a fantastic rate for this lovely, historical inn which was the first airport hotel in the US. Although we arrived well before check-in time, we found our rooms were ready and waiting for us. The desk clerk was efficient and helpful with any questions we had. We were placed on the Concierge Level and, as Rewards Club members, all of our room requests (extra towels/pillows, refrigerator, etc.) had been noted and fulfilled. Keep in mind the typical Concierge Level 'perks' (drinks, snacks, etc.) are not available during a Saturday night stay. Both rooms were large and overlooked a beautiful courtyard where a wedding party was having photos taken. You won't find 'cookie cutter' rooms at this hotel--each room is unique and different. One of our rooms had a very spacious bathroom; while the other room had a smaller bath but with modern updates. Both were immaculately clean and appointed with Bath & Body toiletries and fluffy white robes. We used the hotel's complimentary shuttle to travel to the museum to avoid the $5 parking charge but the museum/village are within walking distance also. The only slight negative was that while we were at breakfast on Sunday morning, housekeeping entered our room (although we had not checked out) and began cleaning it. Our suitcases and all of our belongings were still in the room so it was obvious we were still in the hotel. Plus the leftovers we had placed in our refrigerator from dinner the night before had been thrown out. I hope they returned to finish cleaning our room after we checked out before the next guests arrived. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay and I would visit again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Th3HappyTraveler
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a weekend package that included tickets for the Museum and Greenfield Village.. and breakfast.. I had stayed previously at the Henry, and had very very good experience.. so, this time something new.

Upon arrival, the gentlemen at the front desk provided a perfect check in experience... they were friendly and explained everything. Our room was clean, quiet and nice.. a bit dated, but then we were staying at an historical inn.... the next day we were off to the Museum... that evening we dined in, and frankly had one of the best meals we could enjoy... excellent food, excellent service.. certainly the best dining in Dearborn... then we asked the front desk about visiting the Edsel Ford House in Grosse Pointe.. her answer, "closed for repairs"... we asked her if the bathroom fan was suppose run constantly? "I'll find out"... well that front desk experience was exactly opposite of the previous morning, not even friendly, knew nothing, no conceige... The Ford House was not closed, and it is great side trip to Detroit..fabolous! The fan was never fixed... This is a perfect location for the Greenfield Village experience... and great experience if you want an Inn not the Henry... but, it goes to show how one bad apple can impact an otherwise great experience.. hopefully that one person isnt there more... Even if she is, it was a great weekend, thanks to the Inn....

Room Tip: Upstairs, corner
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed at the Dearborn Inn while on a business trip. Very easy to get in and out of for the airport. Friendly and efficient service. Very comfortable, well appointed room. I had an end corner room (349) and having a set of windows on two walls that opened and let in extra light was very nice.

Room Tip: Try for an end and corner room as mentioned in the review.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed June 5, 2013

For touring the Henry Ford and Greenfield, there is not a better location. Add to that, that it is a high quality, well maintained and historic hotel with a good, responsive staff at reasonable price and it is hard to beat.

We were upgraded to Concierge Level, which assured larger and very comfortable rooms, plus attentive service and good food/snacks.

Front desk staff was very helpful. The bar is a great place to unwind after 'museum trekking" and has good food/friendly staff.

Overall a very good place, clearly trying to emulate some of The Williamsburg Inn, but, for that, it has a way to go. But for being close to the Henry Ford...just fine!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple