“Best Marriott property in the area”

The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been staying at the Dearborn Inn once or twice a month for the past year, and have been impressed overall with the service, cleanliness, and comfort of this hotel. I definitely prefer their beds to the other local hotels. It is conveniently located near the Henry Ford museum (about a 10 minute leisurely walk--saves you the parking fee) and near a section of Michigan Avenue that has some of my favorite restaurants (nationally known Buddy's Pizza, Andiamo, and a new sushi restaurant called Crave). The outdoor pool is a big plus, and the gym is very good (read: doesn't smell like a hotel gym).
Room service has always been timely and good. I have status with Marriott, so if you enjoy the concierge service, you won't be disappointed by the snack time options there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building if you can; the restaurant, gym and concierge lounge are there...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 7, 2012

On the plus side Check-in was great. The room and entire grounds are clean and well kept.
The staff overall were both friendly and helpful.
The minus side/ The rooms are small with poor lighting and cooling. We could hear the people in the next rook talking. The hotel isn't real handicapped friendly. I realize this is a quaint, historical location, but from poor wifi, to no indoor pool I was glad when my three day stay was up. I had stayed here several years ago and had a major problem and was hoping this trip would be a improvement. I enjoy most other Marriott and courtyard locations, and I think in the future I will return to the traditional locations.

Room Tip: Even some main floor rooms have steps.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MacM94
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Dearborn for a kid-free weekend before the return of school. Check-in was efficient and the valet parking was handy. We were in the main building. Everything about our stay was fantastic. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was quiet. The grounds make for a nice walk as well. We booked the breakfast with our room which I don't think makes a difference in the price but was convenient. The buffet offers a huge selection including an omellette bar and belgian waffles. The staff were friendly and made our stay an enjoyable one. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I love the history in this hotel and the upkeep of the hotel is amazing! If you love history, appreciate architecture and sound rooms you will love this hotel! This hotel was the first hotel to have designated phone lines in america!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quijibow
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend and booked the "Discover the Henry Ford Museum and the Dearborn Inn" package. We loved everything about it! Beautiful hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff, the best breakfast buffet, complimentary shuttle service to Greenfield Village etc, and a huge outdoor pool! Our room was very charming and the bed very comfortable. Had a wonderful dinner at the Ten Eyck Tavern in the hotel and then sat outside in the quaint courtyard. I highly recommend this great historical hotel! So unlike the cookie cutter chain hotels, this hotel offers luxury at a very reasonable cost. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My first visit in 2011 was pleasant and fairly reviewed. This time around my room was not in the main building but in the outlying "Burbank". I had to drag my luggage across the grounds to this property and then climb the stairs to my second floor room as the building doesn't have an elevator. While I appreciate the historic charm of the hotel overall, this building had a musty smell, the hallway carpeting was visibly in need of vacuuming, and the guest rooms were simply dirty with too many grievances to note here. I later moved my car cross property to be closer to my room, but then had to walk back and forth to the main building for my group's meal functions. I expressed my displeasure at the front desk seeking new accommodations, and was told all rooms must be utilized. Clearly the young girl on staff wasn't savvy in customer service as the front desk manager I talked to the following moring at check-out handled the situation with more grace. Thank goodness there was decent weather during my stay or that would have further complicated things. As a female traveler, I simply feel safer within the confines of the main building inclusive of all the hotel staff, security, elevators, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Request the main hotel building!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HMRoch
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here so we could take our grandkids to a Tiger game. It was about 15 minute drive to the stadium. The hotel was clean although the halls had a musty smell to them. The pool was very clean and didn't have a lot of clorine like some hotel pools.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family