“Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Awesome Hotel”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary Mar 30-Apr 2. It was our first trip to the Detroit area and it was suggested that I find a hotel in Dearborn. I searched for a room via Priceline and got a great rate for The Dearborn Inn. I was thrilled because this was one of the hotels that had been recommended for me.
The hotel is a short drive from the Detroit airport. The grounds are very attractive and the entry area is elegant. At check in I told the clerk we were celebrating our anniversary. While he did not directly tell us he gave us an upgrade we were given a room in a cottage in back of the hotel. The cottages are designed to look like homes of famous historical figures. We stayed in the Patrick Henry house. We had a small living room separate from the bedroom a walk in closet and two full bathrooms. We were thrilled. It was a perfect place for our anniversary. The hotel is close to tourist attractions and decent dining. The trip into downtown Detroit is close and quick.
Even without the upgrade I would have recommended this hotel. The staff was very pleasant, the amenities were plentiful and the setting is beautiful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The lobby was very charming. The room was nice. I stayed 3 nights for my cousin's wedding at the Henry Ford museum. It was very convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, ON
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My family (wife and 7 month old son) and I stayed here for 3 nights, and found the hotel very pleasant, and surprisingly quiet.
The outside of the hotel is very impressive, taking you back in time to this historical estate. It was surprising that the bell-boy let me take the luggage trolley, without offering to help with our bags, and then asking me to bring it back down when I am done with it!
The room was spacious enough for us, with a king bed and travel crib. After reading other reviews, we were definitely expecting smaller.
The closet was spacious, and the bathroom was also very big. I think we got a bigger room because it was set up for families or elderly (based on all the railings in the bathroom and in the shower).
The hotel was very accommodating, as we had requested a crib and fridge in the room, both of which were waiting for us. They brought us a microwave while we were there, which was very useful for warming up food for the baby. Guest services was very polite and helpful throughout our stay, and response times were quick.
There is no internet in the rooms (unless you pay for it), only wi-fi in the lobby, which was disappointing. Other hotels of this calibre do offer free wireless internet in the rooms, so this was definitely a downside.
The bed was comfortable, however we did find that we could hear every door the opens and closes in the hallway.
We have stayed at The Henry and The Hyatt in dearborn, and would say that The Dearborn Inn ranks with them in the top 3 hotels I would stay at again in Dearborn.
We stayed here in the winter, so we could not appreciate the grounds as much, or enjoy a swim, so maybe next time we plan a trip it would be during the summer.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor, near the concierge, which was a bigger room, with a bigger bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kassim1197
Oak Brook, Illinois
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as part of a wedding party and were given a room in the main hotel. The room was nice although VERY small - the king size bed pretty much took up all the space. If you're going to be spending any amount of time in your room you may want to ask for a larger one if possible. It's definitely an older hotel (small rooms, small elevators) but was well kept up. It was surprisingly quiet and we had a great night of sleep. The room was very clean. My only complaint is that the employee at the front desk continually only addressed my husband and only spoke to him, even though the reservation was in my name, I was the one talking to him, and I was the one paying. Oh well! Very close to the Ford plant, and we had a good view of the test track - very cool.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a friend's wedding. Our stay was wonderful! Check-in was easy, and the hotel staff was very friendly. The decor of the hotel reflects the history of the Detroit area and creates a charming atmosphere. Our room was on the 3rd floor; it was spacious and clean. The wedding took place in one of the meeting rooms and was very nicely done. Overall, it was a great stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This hotel is very pretty and nicely decorated, the rooms are clean and comfortable. I found this to be a good buy for the money, especially given its history and boutique feel. The only downside was that I found the staff to be a little stuffy and not particularly helpful, otherwise, it is a beautiful and comfortable hotel that merits a stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank margozinha1
Flat Rock, Michigan
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night. The room was very nice. The only downside was that the brunch is no longer fancy every Sunday, only on holidays. I loved the bed and bedding so much it was like being on a cloud.

• Stayed February 2012