“Great Customer Service”

Edward Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I had my parents in town for the holidays and put them up in this hotel for the weekend.
They enjoyed the great customer service, and the hotel looked fabulous inside and out. We took them to the Italian restaurant at the top of the hotel, and the food, and ambiance were fantastic.

The rooms were a little small, but the bed was huge and extremely confortable. I got such great rates for the star level of the hotel.
If you wanna stay near Detroit at a world class hotel and at a great rate...this is the place for you!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed November 19, 2010

We stayed here for a hockey tournament. The hotel was ok...but I don't think they should be handling teams for tournaments. First of all they were going crazy with security. Usually I think this is a good thing, but they were way overboard. 3-4 security guards watching elevators...following kids who weren't doing anything (these weren't even kids from our team). There was also a dance competition being held. Seemed like double standards. Girls were running up and down the halls at 1-2 in the morning. Didn't hear any of the hockey players. The rooms at the hotel were fine. Nothing spectacular, but had everything we needed and most importantly they were clean. Kind of strange that they had no room service between 1 and 5 pm. So, you can either go to the mall across the parking lot or pay $12 for a sandwich. It was a good sandwich...but no sandwich is worth $12. Pool was smallish and closed at 10 which was ok with me since the kids had a game the next morning. Elevators were an issue. Not enough of them and they were really slow. Stairs aren't well marked, so it was kind of a pain to find them to get down to the lobby when you got tired of waiting for elevators or they were all full.

All in all it is an average hotel. I would stay there again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days. It is very big and has some restaurants inside. It is located outside the town, near a shopping mall. Rooms are big and clean, but you can hear some noise from the other rooms. Internet connection is available but not for free. Breakfast is excellent with a huge variety of different meals. Service is extremely professional: we had a medical problem and they helped us to solve it easly and quickly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2010

The staff was outstanding but the hotel itself needs lot of maintenance. I complained about the thermostat not working and instaed of fixing that, they bought a big floor heater and left it in the room with a note saying "problem fixed" . The carpets in the banquet rooms were awful-very dirty and needed cleaning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Business trip. One night. Nice lobby. Friendly well staffed employees greete me about three times by the time I reached the front desk.

I got the room beside the elevators so I could hear them. Woke up once at 2:30am due to elevators other than that had a good night rest.

The bed was firm and cozy. I slept well. Some surfaces needed wiping down to remove smudges and finger prints all over (door handle, light switches).

Some signs of minor aging as expected but wouldnt hurt to pre-emptive fix like loose door latch, woogly tv stand, paint chips. The little things that make the diff btwn 3 an 4 stars.

Coffee shop down stairs did not accept Canadian dollars (hello it's at par now).

I recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 19, 2010

The reviews of this property are fair. It does indeed have a nice lobby. Rooms are ordinary but decent. They have not been updated in several year. But they are comfortable. It may not be fair to judge on home standards of clean...but the telephone spoke volumes about the detail to cleaning..definitely C-.

Water is indeed $5 for a bottle in room! And I refused to pay the absorbent internet connection charge. Front desk service was nice but not empowered to impact customer service. It was a nice touch as well to be able to print my boarding pass from the lobby. Had room service...it was a bit later than they estimated. And the next night I got the exact same food to go at the bar area...but it was not consistent with the night before. I'm sure it's no big deal...but I wasn't sure why I didn't get my assorted berries on my chocolate cake...lol.

I was able to get an ok rate on a third party site...and this would be the only way I would ever return. The real downer was that that weekend there was a youth hockey tournament so there were children running up and down the halls and slamming doors most of the evening. I was safe...but it certainly wasn't my most restful stay. Front desk said they'd be happy to check me out...but could not help me with any portion of a refund.

Again...for a great rate...you can make this place work.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2010

always enjoy our stays at this Hyatt. We as a family stay here a few times a , for various conventions. We are close enough to drive home, however we enjoy how it has begun to feel like home in some ways. we are well looked after. If we have ever needed anything all we have to do is talk to the front desk and it is looked after as soon as it can be ! The restaurants are open at a very convenient time ( early am) and the food late at night is very good as well. Our children enjoy the pool but it would be nice it it was larger.
What we do miss as a family is staying on the top floor and not having the regency club lounge opened . We found it very family friendly to have a space where we could have a quick bite to eat, get something to drink and lounge in a comfortable spot instead of always having to be in the room. Please bring it back, especially on the weekends, it was well worth the extra money to have that convenience for our family.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business