“in need of refurbishment”

Edward Village Michigan
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles
“in need of refurbishment”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Adoba is showing its age. Carpets and walls look a bit dingy, and it's all rather dark in this atrium-style hotel. The pool isn't in the best of shape and conference rooms are stuck back in the early 1980s. That said, the hotel provided a great location for our family as a jumping off point to visit Dearborn and Detroit. The VIP suite was a great size for our family of four. And the hotel staff was responsive to our needs.

Green Features: Adoba prides itself on this aspect of their business model, and that seems to be practiced as well (though there is way too much water that comes out of the shower -- and that really can't be adjusted however much I tried).
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank skiddered

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My stay at the Adoba was very, very enjoyable. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was exceptionally helpful. Everyone from the front desk staff to the laundry staff were very courteous and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Detroit or Dearborn. The hotel is conveniently located right across the street from a Mall that has very nice restaurants. I just cannot say enough about the staff of the Adoba. They were exceptionally helpful and courteous. My family and I were in Detroit for our religious convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. In January we made our reservations at the Adoba and I would like to say that the staff in the Reservations Department were very professional, polite and courteous. The managers of the Adoba should be very proud of their entire staff. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Adoba, Dearborn. Lorraine Johnson

Room Tip: I loved my room on the front of the building on the sixth floor overlooking the lobby entrance and a...
Green Features: I appreciated the clean air. I appreciated the fact that you only changed the towels when needed. This conserved water and detergent use.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2014

For a conference, we had booked a room with two double beds. to ensure that it is the case, we dropped in the night before to confirm the booking.
on the day of the arrival. Hassan was the man who received us, and then promptly gave us the wrong key with the wrong room number.
we understood that mistakes sometimes happen, and went down to sort it out (with our luggages, as no bell boy was available), a girl received us, and gave us the key to a room with king bed...
okay, maybe we are just unlucky. so we phoned to the reception, and they said that they will find a double room and call us back. we waited for an hour, and that didnt happen. so we went down to sort it out once again, the person who received us was unapologetic, and offered us to have two rollaway beds instead, as they are fully booked for double rooms. I know for a fact that a double room was available, as I saw it being cleaned. since the person had no authority to do anything, we asked for the manager.
all the while that we were waiting, Hassan was walking in and out of the reception room. As it turned out, he was the manager!! he was just avoiding us the whole time!
Even the other receptionists were wondering why he was receiving new guests when obviously we are waiting for him.
We are obviously very angry when we realized this, before, it might have just been mistakes, but Hassan's behaviour was plain disrespectful. At this point, we approached him and asked why he was not receiving us, and trying to correct his mistakes. He did not say anything. We didnt want to make a scene, so we ask him to sort it out. Apparently, if you are the manager, you can find a room with double beds right away...
We had to stay for three nights there because its the conference venue. But this experience would make us avoid this hotel at all in the future!
one thing to be mentioned is that the cleaning ladies are very nice and friendly in this hotel. We had a much more pleasant experience getting help from them than with manager hassan.
as a last thought, the average wait time was more than ten minutes to get received when we were there. And we werent the first or the last ones to have room problems.
Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ssrthree
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel - for $93 a night we would stay again - rooms do not have fridges but you can request one - front desk stay are pretty nice - rooms are average - I did find the hallway a bit dated & dark - 10 minutes from the border & 2 minutes to the mall - good area of Dearborne

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Vicki W
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a large imposing hotel located between Ford World Headquarters building and a mall. You'll need a car as it's not within walking distance I much else.

The rooms are somewhat older but nevertheless comfortable and clean. Nothing fancy. Service was pleasant but not over the top.

Price (I paid $106 a night) was amongst the lowest, for a decent hotel. If the location is suitable for you, and you're not looking for anything fancy, this is an absolute bargain and I would strongly recommend it based on value alone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank traveltim
, Fort Meade, Maryland
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed at the Adoba Hotel for 5 long nights. We originally had a room on the 11th floor but since I am scared of heights the staff was gracious enough to put us on the 4th floor. When we walked into the room it felt dirty even though it had a tidy look. I immediately started looking around and found that the carpet was very dirty, the curtains were old looking and the bathroom sink was dirty. After unsuccessfully trying to convince my husband to check out and go somewhere else I asked for another room and they put us in an exec room. It was a little better although the room had an old smell to it. I really didn't like the fact that the shower curtain touches you when the water is running (very high pressured water). The bathroom/tub is very small and tight. At check out, I asked front desk to give us a zero balance receipt. Well, we found out that there was an additional $40 charge on our bill and the front desk could not explain where it came from. We didn't use anything from the hotel that would incur charges. Needless to say, we are still fighting that battle. We got through the 5 nights but we will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bdwashington15
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at the Adoba Hotel for 2 nights to attend a wedding. I had made a request for a microwave in the room as we were travelling with 2 kids. Upon check in, I did not find a microwave in the room. I found the iron was missing as well. So I tried to call the front desk to report this issue and learned the landline phone was not working as well!

I went to the front desk to report these issues and they promptly took the information and reported to the service desk. Their engineer came and replaced the phone within few minutes. But for the next 2 days and 2-3 reminders, they did not deliver an iron to the room

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. They need to do a lot of work in taking care of their customers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family