“Ok”

GreenLeadersGold level
ontario,canada
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The room was clean and updated. Not much of change since it changed owners. I guess my biggest issue with the property is it has no bar, I only figured this out when I was handed two drink tickets when I checked in. On the weekends the have a small bar setup but it only takes the drink tickets. So two drinks only.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank northener007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Recently stayed here while the boys went to a hockey game, I thought it would be convenient because of the mall across the street ( which is nothing special). Hotel is nice and big and very safe feeling, check in went smoothly we used a groupon to stay here but unfortunately they ened up charging my credit card for one night stay on top of my already used groupon and it took quite a few phone calls at my expense to get this straightened out! By the way the nightly rate that they charged my credit card was cheaper than the groupon so call the hotel first and see what rate they will give you. Hotel room was roomy and clean and had everything you need.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie V
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I checked the hotel out on its website and was impressed. I looked forward to my stay. When I arrived, the hotel lobby looked amazing. The front desk was very helpful. I got my key and went to the elevators. Having never been here, I did not know the buttons were on a pedestal in the middle of the elevator area. I went up to my floor and proceeded to find my room. It was confusing since my room was on the back side behind the elevators. I had to walk down and around to get to my room.
I will admit, my room was pretty nice. The view was good. I noticed there was no hotel information anywhere in the room. I had to go down to the front desk to find out where the restaurant was located. There was also no phone book so I had no quick way to find out what was around me. The bed was VERY firm which I personally don't care for. The room was a little chilly but I couldn't get the thermostat to work right. The tub did not drain well so I was showering in 2 inches of water. Also, I couldn't adjust the pressure on the shower head so the water was really beating down. The knob for the water was sort of broken. There were just little things I noticed that showed the true age of the hotel. I didn't feel well so I never contacted management about my issues.
I ate at the restaurant twice and was really pleased each time. I almost drank the boxed water in the room until I realized it was $5. I went down the hall to the vending machine to find that was $3. I went to the gift shop to get a bottle of water and some medicine. The water there was $2.99 and it was $7.99 for a small box of alka seltzer. If I had felt better, I would have found a CVS or something. Overall, I might stay here again but I will be prepared.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank RLTMC
DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

As a kitchen and bath designer who specializes in sustainable design I was happy to stay at the Adoba Hotel who practices being GREEN. My husband and I stayed there on 2/15/14 for a Valentines weekend while visiting the Ford Museum. To my delight we stayed in The Henry Ford Suite a spacious suite with a fantastic view and a Kohler Whirlpool tub/shower. We enjoyed a wonderful Valentines dinner at Giulos & Sons with an incredible salad bar with specialty items like salmon and assorted olives and a yummy dessert buffet. My husband a beef farmer had porterhouse m-w and I had Filet m-r and they were cooked to perfection and my husband even said his cut of meat was very good! He never says that! The breakfast buffet in the morning was just as good. Throughout our stay we received excellent service with a smile. Especially Alexis and Anthony at the front desk, Rich our dinner server and the awesome busser who was there for both our dinner and breakfast and Nancy our breakfast server are the staff that comes to mind. The proximity to the ford museum was great. We will be back to stay at the Adoba on our next adventure. We highly recommend for that special weekend away!

Room Tip: $119.00 a night and Green but for around $200.00 for that special event upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl O
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed at the adoba for a dance competition and I am so HAPPY that our next two competitions are also at the adoba. From check in until check out we received optimal service. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean and comfortable and I love the view of the city!! All around WONDERFUL stay, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dawn Y
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I received pleasant greetings from the time I entered the property to the time I left. The valet, front desk, management , housekeeping, maintenance , gift shop- everyone had a pleasant & warm attitude. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. The young lady that checked me in offered me a complimentary cupcake and drink tickets for the hotels guest reception. The decor and ambiance welcomed me with a warm embrace, so much so I had to take a stroll around the property to see everything. For the size of the hotel, it felt more like a B&B without the breakfast. I attribute that to the excellent service I received. My room was huge and gorgeous, the bed extremely comfortable. I would have spent more time in the room had I not things to do every day.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is not only over priced and out dated its dirty nasty and disgusting will never stay here again save your money and stay somewhere else for the love of god. They advertise being green because they don't wash there sheets or clean anything. You would be better of staying in your car across the street and take baths in mud puddles. I have traveled around the world and stayed in some pretty poor countries and there hotels hands down were better in every way.

• Stayed February 2014