“Couldn't be happier to stay here again”

Edward Village Michigan
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Couldn't be happier to stay here again”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I apologize for being so late with my review of this fine hotel. From the Doorman to the Front Desk, to the waiters, we enjoyed exemplary service from the fine folks at the Adoba.

While making a trek from Chicago with my wife and son to Work for me and Henry Ford for them, we decided to try the "Green" Adoba Hotel. The rate I received was quite reasonable.

I am so sorry that I forgot the names of the staff, but let me tell you that Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott can take a queue from these folks. Being from Chicago I, was made to feel at home right away, My wife and son, felt secure going to and from our car and walking around the property and inside this amazing property.

The Adoba is nestled in a business park, very near the Fairlane Shopping Mall A gorgeous, glass encased hotel, it seemed surreal like an Oasis. Inside richly appointed space with a open atrium (Hyatt Like) style with rooms on the edges and wide open space in the middle.

The lobby has a convenient coffee (Starbucks) and bakery shop. great for a quick snack or that cup of Joe.

Our room was comfortable, well appointed, and enjoyable. The pool was very enjoyable, and clean, SPOTLESS. The attention to detail by the staff was greatly appreciated. We did dine twice in the on site restaurant, such delicious food, varied and fresh. My mouth is watering thinking of the desert bar. Complimentary garlic bread, warm and toasty, great tasting water, and service comparable to the Ritz!

We had a very enjoyable stay, and I will be returning in Mid December 2013. I can stay anywhere while in Detroit, I choose to stay at Adoba!

Overall a very classy hotel, with Professional staff, Amazing restaurant with Ritz level service.

Please keep the bar high Adoba, Keep up the great job!

Green Features: I can greatly appreciate Adoba's policies on being Eco Friendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
VicePresidentSales1, Owner at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

With a review as wonderful as yours, you can be late. Your compliments on the staff and our hotel service compared to many recognized name brands is warming to our "green" hearts!

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your great experience and try the "Green" hotel experience.

We hope you will choose again and you tell the staff you have been given a free pass on as many of the homemade garlic bread baskets you wish. Thanks again, it was very nice.

Have a great New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Took my 3 year old granddaughter to Detroit for the Thanksgiving Parade. We stayed 2 nights at the Adoba Hotel. The hotel was beautiful, very clean and the staff could not have been more helpful. We had breakfast in the Giulio & Sons Restaurant, the wait staff, especially Renee, were exceptional and catered to our every needs. It was a most enjoyable experience and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
VicePresidentSales1, Owner at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Greetings Joanne –
This is such an amazing review! The entire staff wanted me to thank you for taking the time to share your great experience, especially our food and beverage team. Ms. Renee has been with the hotel for a number of years and for sure is a favorite of many guests due to her outstanding customer service skills. I'm glad you had an opportunity to enjoy her service.

Thank you – Thank you we are all thrilled to receive such a great testimony of the hotel and the staff. Sticking with our green motto – “Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today”
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Was in need of a hotel in Dearborn and ran across the Adoba by accident, WOW what a great find. I stayed for 7 days in a suite and found every aspect from the new HD television system, to the restaurant to be the best I have found in a long time. In walking around the hotel everything was really elegant as you would expect to find in a 5 star hotel. The staff treated me like I was the only one in the hotel. If your in Dearborn this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The 14th floor suites just cant be beat, dollar v/s value. Large open spaces and comfortable rooms...
Green Features: I saw that the old TV's were in the process of being recycled. Seemed to me that all waste is separated and recycled. Lighting and A/c all seemed to be controlled to prevent waste.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Curtis S
VicePresidentSales1, Owner at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hello Curtis,

What a great accident this turned out to be for us as well. It was our privilege to host you during your recent business trip to Dearborn. Thank you so very much for choosing our hotel over all the others. Tis the Season!

We hope you will continue to choose the adoba hotel Dearborn on your future travels. Maybe on your next visit you can try one of our other upgraded suites that are included in several of our great packages on our hotels website.

Thank you for the shout out on our Hot NEW in-room TV Technology upgrade. Each guestroom has just received 40 inch, LED, Smart Flat Screen TV’s. Making Spirits Bright!

From the adoba family to yours this Holiday Season.
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I want to thank the entire staff at the Adoba Hotel in Dearborn, MI. The hotel is Very nice, the staff is awesome and our suite was very clean and comfortable. My hubby and I rented the Grand Suite for our vow renewal ceremony and it was a beautiful evening and a great night. Thanks again to the Adoba Hotel. Malinda

Green Features: It shows that they care about the environment and are taking steps to do their part in making it better. You guys are Rock Stars for going green!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linda141
VicePresidentSales1, Owner at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Linda

Congratulations on your recent anniversary and renewing your vows. What a very special, special occasion. We are so pleased and honored we had the opportunity to host you and your husband for this extraordinary day. Thank you for your patronage and sharing your gracious feedback on the hotel and staff.

Here’s to your continued cherished relationship. All the best to you both and have a great holiday
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I really enjoyed the stay. Was just thrown off when asked to leave a $50 depoist. The room reservations were set up thru (UAW). Haven't received my ($50 check because I paid with cash).
Also need a receipt to be mailed to my home. (The room was reserved in Tamika Goodmans name, but I Betty Johnson paid the depoist.)
Would like a receipt for my union's record, to be mailed to
(Ms. Betty A. Johnson, 18062 Griggs, Detroit, MI. 48221.)
There also was a lady-bug on my bed. But as far as no pets, or insects, I survived. All in all a very nice stay.
(517) 703-3643

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mingoann
Dear Mingoann –
Greetings from the adoba hotel Dearborn team. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like we have a couple steps to complete on your behalf to ensure your $50.00 deposit is processed quickly and mailed your way. A receipt will be included as well. I will have Leslie in our accounting team reach out to you directly to ensure we meet all your expense requirements.

Betsy, thank you again for your positive feedback and choosing the adoba hotel.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here one night so I could spend the day checking out The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. Beautiful hotel! Great staff and service. The hotel is an old Hyatt, so needs a little updating, but overall was a great stay. They are in the process of upgrading the old TVs to new LCD TVs, so this will be a nice upgrade. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the mall if you are interested in a good view. Upper floors have a great vi...
Green Features: Love that this hotel is environmentally friendly. They have concentrated on room air quality and freshness, which most hotels dont think about.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Spokane_GrantO
Hello GrantO from Spokane.
Thanks for the great review on the hotel, staff and service.
I hoped you enjoyed your time at the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village it is truly an amazing walk through history.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit, so you can enjoy our NEW TV's.

The NEW TV’s have just been installed in every guestroom. They will be a great enhancement to the guests experience. All guestrooms will receive a NEW 40 inch, Smart Flat Screen TV’s with an ultimate channel line-up of over 70 choices and many, many more techno functions.

As important, they add great value to our sustainable efforts through their improved energy efficiency systems and assisting the adoba hotel Dearborn in reducing our carbon footprint up to 30% annually.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Happy Holidays!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Hi my name is Kami and my son wanted to get away for his birthday so I booked a room at the Hotel and it was everything I expected plus more. We really enjoyed the friendly staff and the room we so relaxing. The pool area was maintain very well and we had a wonderful time. We were able to go shopping, catch and movie and there where plenty of restaurant to eat at in the area. I wish I could have stay another night.

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was very large and sunny. The views from our room were stunning.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kami H
Hi Kami,

This is such a great story. We appreciate your amazing feedback from your recent stay. It is great to hear we exceeded your expectations on your son’s special day. Birthdays are very important and it sounds like the two of you created a wonderful, long-lasting memory.

I am so proud of our team for their contributions ensuring the day was perfect for the two of you!
Have a great holiday and we hope to have an opportunity to host you and your family on another special occasion.

Give your son a BIG Happy Belated Birthday Wish from all of us here at the adoba hotel Dearborn/Detroit and we hope he enjoys many future birthdays with his new adoba friends.