“Michigan on Business”

GreenLeadersGold level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Michigan on Business”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Was in need of a hotel in Dearborn and ran across the Adoba by accident, WOW what a great find. I stayed for 7 days in a suite and found every aspect from the new HD television system, to the restaurant to be the best I have found in a long time. In walking around the hotel everything was really elegant as you would expect to find in a 5 star hotel. The staff treated me like I was the only one in the hotel. If your in Dearborn this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The 14th floor suites just cant be beat, dollar v/s value. Large open spaces and comfortable rooms...
Green Features: I saw that the old TV's were in the process of being recycled. Seemed to me that all waste is separated and recycled. Lighting and A/c all seemed to be controlled to prevent waste.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Curtis S
VicePresidentSales1, Owner at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hello Curtis,

What a great accident this turned out to be for us as well. It was our privilege to host you during your recent business trip to Dearborn. Thank you so very much for choosing our hotel over all the others. Tis the Season!

We hope you will continue to choose the adoba hotel Dearborn on your future travels. Maybe on your next visit you can try one of our other upgraded suites that are included in several of our great packages on our hotels website.

Thank you for the shout out on our Hot NEW in-room TV Technology upgrade. Each guestroom has just received 40 inch, LED, Smart Flat Screen TV’s. Making Spirits Bright!

From the adoba family to yours this Holiday Season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I want to thank the entire staff at the Adoba Hotel in Dearborn, MI. The hotel is Very nice, the staff is awesome and our suite was very clean and comfortable. My hubby and I rented the Grand Suite for our vow renewal ceremony and it was a beautiful evening and a great night. Thanks again to the Adoba Hotel. Malinda

Green Features: It shows that they care about the environment and are taking steps to do their part in making it better. You guys are Rock Stars for going green!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linda141
VicePresidentSales1, Owner at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Linda

Congratulations on your recent anniversary and renewing your vows. What a very special, special occasion. We are so pleased and honored we had the opportunity to host you and your husband for this extraordinary day. Thank you for your patronage and sharing your gracious feedback on the hotel and staff.

Here’s to your continued cherished relationship. All the best to you both and have a great holiday
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I really enjoyed the stay. Was just thrown off when asked to leave a $50 depoist. The room reservations were set up thru (UAW). Haven't received my ($50 check because I paid with cash).
Also need a receipt to be mailed to my home. (The room was reserved in Tamika Goodmans name, but I Betty Johnson paid the depoist.)
Would like a receipt for my union's record, to be mailed to
(Ms. Betty A. Johnson, 18062 Griggs, Detroit, MI. 48221.)
There also was a lady-bug on my bed. But as far as no pets, or insects, I survived. All in all a very nice stay.
(517) 703-3643

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mingoann
Dear Mingoann –
Greetings from the adoba hotel Dearborn team. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like we have a couple steps to complete on your behalf to ensure your $50.00 deposit is processed quickly and mailed your way. A receipt will be included as well. I will have Leslie in our accounting team reach out to you directly to ensure we meet all your expense requirements.

Betsy, thank you again for your positive feedback and choosing the adoba hotel.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here one night so I could spend the day checking out The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. Beautiful hotel! Great staff and service. The hotel is an old Hyatt, so needs a little updating, but overall was a great stay. They are in the process of upgrading the old TVs to new LCD TVs, so this will be a nice upgrade. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the mall if you are interested in a good view. Upper floors have a great vi...
Green Features: Love that this hotel is environmentally friendly. They have concentrated on room air quality and freshness, which most hotels dont think about.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Spokane_GrantO
Hello GrantO from Spokane.
Thanks for the great review on the hotel, staff and service.
I hoped you enjoyed your time at the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village it is truly an amazing walk through history.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit, so you can enjoy our NEW TV's.

The NEW TV’s have just been installed in every guestroom. They will be a great enhancement to the guests experience. All guestrooms will receive a NEW 40 inch, Smart Flat Screen TV’s with an ultimate channel line-up of over 70 choices and many, many more techno functions.

As important, they add great value to our sustainable efforts through their improved energy efficiency systems and assisting the adoba hotel Dearborn in reducing our carbon footprint up to 30% annually.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Happy Holidays!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Hi my name is Kami and my son wanted to get away for his birthday so I booked a room at the Hotel and it was everything I expected plus more. We really enjoyed the friendly staff and the room we so relaxing. The pool area was maintain very well and we had a wonderful time. We were able to go shopping, catch and movie and there where plenty of restaurant to eat at in the area. I wish I could have stay another night.

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was very large and sunny. The views from our room were stunning.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kami H
Hi Kami,

This is such a great story. We appreciate your amazing feedback from your recent stay. It is great to hear we exceeded your expectations on your son’s special day. Birthdays are very important and it sounds like the two of you created a wonderful, long-lasting memory.

I am so proud of our team for their contributions ensuring the day was perfect for the two of you!
Have a great holiday and we hope to have an opportunity to host you and your family on another special occasion.

Give your son a BIG Happy Belated Birthday Wish from all of us here at the adoba hotel Dearborn/Detroit and we hope he enjoys many future birthdays with his new adoba friends.
Saint Johns, Michigan
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last July 4th and wrote a forgiving review giving it about 3 stars, but later events led me to delete that review - since I couldn't update it - and reduce it to 1 star. I would give it a zero if I could.

First to summarize my first review, without the niceties of trying to give them the benefit of the doubt:

1. This hotel is not worth its full price.
2. It wants to give the impression of luxury, but it is not luxurious. It's more of a place to spend the night, not a destination in itself. Best suited for conferences and adult guests.
3. I do not recommend as a getaway for families, since its got nothing to do, and a pool that's too small for the hotel's capacity.
4. Bring your own towels and toilet paper, since they are stingy on toiletries and are terrible at responding to calls for more.
5. Also bring your own alcohol, since it has a bar, but no liquor license, so you get two tickets for a drink provided by a catering service, but that's it.

Now, several days after I left the hotel, I noticed an unauthorized charge in my bank statement. I called the hotel (Accounts Receivable), sent them a copy of the checkout receipt, and a copy of the bank statement showing the charge. They responded that they had no record of that charge, and left it at that. Even if they had no record of the charge, it was in fact in my bank account with their name on it. You would think that they would apologize and issue me a credit for the sake of customer service. No, they simply ignored me. Any time that I tried to contact Accounts Receivable to follow up, and had to leave a voicemail, I was ignored. I left a message in the A/R supervisor's voicemail as well, and that was also ignored. When I asked the front desk if there was anyone higher up that I could talk to, I was told that there wasn't. This went on for about 2 months. Ultimately, I called my bank and because I had now done my due diligence trying to sort this out, they credited my account, assuming the charge themselves. In other words, my bank took the hit, and Adoba got away with an unauthorized charge. So, I feel it my responsibility to let everyone know that, not only is the guest experience lacking, but you will be paying at your own risk, since once you're gone and they've got your money, they do not care.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank yadagoy
lincoln
Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you want an weekend filled with poor customer service, misinformation, being locked out of your room because of door malfunctions, lots of kids running around rampant (and security unwilling to assist), a condescending front desk "manager" Sarah who argues with you and claims "there's nothing she can do," a surly waiter, Gary Lee, in once fabulous Giulio's, then this is THE place for you. I can over look some things, but this last visit was the absolute worst.

Room Tip: Request rooms off the atrium. Ask front desk if they have large parties of kids booked because they...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business