“"Superb Service"”

GreenLeadersGold level
Detroit, Michigan
“"Superb Service"”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The doorman greeted me at the door which was very nice. The lobby is breathtaking, you can watch all the glass enclosed elevators going up. There is an open atrium which you can see all the way up to the top floor from the lobby. At the front desk checking in every associate was so nice and friendly. There were really delicious organic cupcakes on the desk, and also flavored water in a pitcher. They also had a free cocktail reception which was really nice. The room made me feel like I was at home, it was clean and very cozy. The bed was so comfortable I hated to get up and leave when my alarm went off. The shower was amazing with the best shower pressure and hottest water. I ate breakfast from the buffet in Giulio & Son's. They have a wonderful selection of hot items. The potatoes are out of this world! The staff in the restaurant is so friendly, and they never let your glass of juice or coffee get low they are always there to refill it for you before you even ask! They also have a made to order omelet station. The hotel is across from a mall, and close to the Ford World Headquarters, and also Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford museum. I have already recommended this hotel to my friends, and I can't wait to come back again for my next visit!!!

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the higher floors with an odd room number so I can see downtown.
Green Features: The hotel is eco-friendly. They are concerned about the environment and instead of putting a shampoo and conditioner in the room they just have 1 bottle with both the shampoo and conditioner in it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank anthonyn895
VicePresidentSales1, Owner at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Hello Anthony N –

Greetings from the adoba eco hotel team! Thank you for your recent stay at our iconic hotel in Dearborn, Michigan. Clean and cozy is notable feedback.

We view your recommendations with the highest regard and in all honesty, we too, feel that our location is ideal for leisure or business travelers due to our Mall and Ford World Headquarter neighbors.

Part of our sustainable journey is offering organic selections in our onsite restaurant. Treating our guest to indulge in our evening organic cupcakes is all part of our mission to introduce our guest to the benefits of going green. They are quite delicious and a true hit with our guest.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Dearborn area. We promise to keep up the good work and exceed your service expectations. Our team is going to be thrilled by your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the Trip Advisor community.

"Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
oh
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very reasonable with the AAA discount. Simple room but spacious,clean,and comfy bed.Free internet.We injoyed the stay.We had booked another Hotel but miss our date so came here. Not a lot of people but great.And a free cocktail in the evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mercys
VicePresidentSales1, General Manager at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Greetings from the Adoba Dearborn!

It was our good luck that your travel plans brought you to the new Adoba hotel. Thank you for joining us in our Eco-friendly mission.

It is wonderful to hear you were able to take advantage of the special AAA rates we offer that includes a value added complimentary welcome cocktail. It is a great way to relax after a long day of travel. As part of our sustainable brand strategy we offer complimentary internet to all guest and it is great to hear you found this benefit important during your stay.

Comfy and clean are two words that will delight our housekeeping team. They work hard every day preparing the best accommodations for our guest. I look forward to sharing your gracious and positive feedback with the team.

We hope you had a great summer and look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the Dearborn area.

All the best!
“Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I enjoyed the conference at adoba in Dearborn. It was great that all of our small workshops were in the same area as our meals, and the banquet room. The staff was very friendly, and prompt. My room was very comfortable, and the elevators were fast. The only thing that was less than great was the air conditioning was very cold, but they change the temperature quickly. The meals were really good and the tables were set beautifully. The restaurant on the 2nd floor was good as well. The salad bar and dessert bar was heavenly. I will be bringing my family back here soon.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank cntrygrlmich80
VicePresidentSales1, Director of Sales at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Helllooooo Cntrygrlmich80,

Greetings from Adoba!

Thank you for taking the time to share such an encouraging and optimistic review.
Your conference event planners and attendees were awesome. We loved hosting your event and our Food and Beverage team enjoyed preparing and hosting everyone, every step of the way. Rest assured our Chef will share your upbeat comments with his team.

New to the Adoba team Chef Phillip brings a fresh culinary inspiration to our menu selections. Daily he prepares the salad bar using locally grown fruits and vegetables when available. Healthy eating is his mantra and consequently Giulios Restaurant has just launched new organic selections on all our menus.

The dessert's yummmmeee for sure! We have an amazing pastry team and the dessert bar is a favorite for many of our local customers. I promise it will be available on your next visit with your family.

We understand how valuable your time is especially when traveling, therefore, please know we are very grateful for your awesome review.

Safe travels on your next journey!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Adoba is great for an inexpensive business trip stay! Here for a couple of nights and it's close to the highway. Not so great if you are here with family or a romantic getaway.

Checked in after dinner time and went to my room. Decided to grab a steak from the second floor restaurant here and eat it in my room. HOLY SMOKES... it was a GREAT DINNER. They had a flank steak special so I ordered that. Then they gave me a takeout container to grab anything I wanted from the salad bar... so I had mushrooms, smoked salmon, spiced olives, pasta salad, green beans, broccoli and spinach... THEN the told me dessert is included so I had a slice of chocolate cake to go. The steak was amazing (and I've had many steaks in my lifetime).
I didn't get to interact with many of the staff, but the staff at the restaurant were very nice, friendly and helpful.

The hotel room itself is a bit dated. I read that in the reviews before arriving and those reviews are correct. It would be very difficult to keep all those rooms in the hotel updated. The hotel itself is HUGE!! A little too big to maintain in my opinion.

The walls seem to be a bit thinner than other hotels I've stayed at as I heard a gentleman on speaker phone talking quite clearly. At first, I thought he was in the hallway standing in front of my door.. but later realized that he was in the next room. It didn't bother me too much, but I could see how that could be VERY annoying.

I would stay there again for business!

Room Tip: I stayed at 1054 and it was far away enough from the elevators so it was quieter, but close enough t...
2 Thank Vayne
Dear Vayne
Greetings from the Adoba Hotel!!

We appreciate your candid and sincere review. We strive for improvement and greatness everyday and only through such constructive, upbeat reviews can we grow.

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations.

Here at Adoba our culture is designed to focus on the positive and recognize amazing strides by our associates. For that reason, I will dive right into thanking you for the great reviews on our food and beverage team. To hear you enjoyed your dining experience in Giulios Restaurant and the staff demonstrated such a friendly and helpful attitude is a great message to share with our team.

We hope you will consider us on your next visit to Dearborn and enjoy the updates we have planned for our guestrooms in the near future.

All the Best and Safe Travels!
cadillac, mi
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 nights during a conference. The lobby is beautifully decorated and gorgeous. The design of the hotel is fascinating with its arched structure. The glass elevators give a great view of the hotel lobby as you ride up to your floor. The Adoba also houses the largest chandelier in Michigan with a length of at least 12 stories.

My room was very comfortable and had a great view of Detroit off in the distance. It's location is very convenient to shopping, restaurants, and the Henry Ford Museum. Included in the room is 2 drink tickets per night to enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine in the lounge!

This is definitely a hotel I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Odd number room on the 14th floor. Room 1467 has a great view of Detroit!
Green Features: This is a green hotel. I love that they are environmentally friendly with everything from the pen on the desk to the soaps in the bathroom.
3 Thank Deb T
VicePresidentSales1, Manager at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Deborah,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the property and its iconic look and decor.

The hotel is a landmark for sure. You definitely noticed some of the stunning postmodern architectural style that so many guests have enjoyed and favored over the years. The glass elevators are always a hit! I hope you were able to take some fun photos.

The guestroom views are my favorite as they are scenic and stunning. I am so glad you were able to enjoy them during your stay.

We appreciate your business and sharing your positive review with us and the extraordinary Trip Advisor Community. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the Dearborn area.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Team Adoba!
Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for the whole weekend for a business conference. I was greeted by pleasant staff the moment I pulled up and it stayed that way all weekend. I was attending my 2nd conference in 3 weeks and I loved that they provided us with power strips to plug our electronic devices into. My previous conference (held elsewhere) did not have adequate power available. The food served at all the meals was absolutely delicious and I felt so pampered. My daughter stayed with me for the weekend and they were just as worried about how she felt about the hotel. I am very picky the comfort of beds and coverings and can only think about positive things from my stay. The mattress was perfect (not too hard or too soft).There were ample pillows on the bed and the thermostats were easy to use and adjust. I only live 30 minutes from the hotel but choose to stay instead of commuting for my conference and I am so glad that I did. I would stay here again and have suggested it to several of my friends and family already.

Room Tip: The Suite on the 14th floor were roomy and perfect for those wanting space while traveling and quiet...
Green Features: I love the environmentally friendly fact that they don't waste resources on changing sheets everyday. I also like that the toiletries are packaged in eco-friendly packaging. Very impressed with all their efforts to be "Green".
3 Thank jaymesmommy2004
Hi Jaymesmommy2004

Wow! Your review of the hotel is wonderful.

We are so very, very appreciative of your pleasant feedback and taking the time to share so many accolades about our Eco-friendly hotel. Especially after such a busy travel schedule! Thank you….Thank you!

We have this outstanding “Sustainable Wall of Fame” where we share customer’s feedback. Rest assured I will proudly post your review for the entire staff to enjoy. They deserve it. Your genuine feedback will be very motivating to the team and reinforce their hard work does not go unnoticed.

We hope to have you and your daughter back again soon as our guest. Next time, try and include some Spa time with our onsite Spa services.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family.

Always at your service, the entire Adoba Dearborn Team!

Keeping with our mission of reducing our carbon footprint – “Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today”
Altadena, California
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a 4 star hotel with 2 star rooms and needs an overall refresh which I think is coming with the new owner. I give it a 3. I stayed there several days. First the good. I stayed for an average 100 bucks a night booked thru Expedia. Good location next to Ford HQ, and nearby Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, West Dearborn and next to Fairlane Mall. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Free WiFi. Rooms reasonably clean though needed detailed dusting & vacuuming. A/C was quite & effective. Bed was a pillow top which I don't care for but was reasonably comfortable. Room was quite. Decent Starbucks Cafe in lobby with light breakfast items though not inexpensive but you pay for the convenience. There is a full restaurant in the hotel but I did not eat there. Breakfast there was pricey. Safe area. Nice grounds. Has a gym and pool which I didn't use but my friend used the gym and was pleased with it. Now for the not so good, though not bad. Currently the hotel is in the process of changing owners, from Hyatt to Adoba. This means no liquor license yet. So bar is closed. You will get 2 tickets for the small comp bar run by a 3rd party in the lobby. After you use those 2 tickets, you'll have to get your drink on elsewhere. Try the Henry Hotel down the mall service road a 1/2 mile. They have a very nice bar area. Hotel and rooms are in need of a facelift. My room had a CRT tube TV from the 90's. Haven't seen one of those in a hotel in a long time. Some of the bed linens where thread bare. On one occasion a pillow case had holes worn thru it. Of the two outlets on the side of the desk, one didn't work. Bathroom had a very loose faucet. No stationary nor pen! No liner for trash cans or ice bucket. Carpet through out hotel needed vacuuming more often than it got. Though I did find a crumpled $10 bill outside my door on one occasion. This hotel has good bones. Would be interested to see what it's like in a year if and when it gets a refresh.

Room Tip: 14 floor seemed to have the nicer rooms. Tall ceilings.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cutter27
Hello, Cutter27,

Thank you for your recent stay at the new Adoba Hotel Dearborn. We sincerely appreciate your patronage.

We welcome your positive comments and straightforward opinions. Rest assured we are working towards many improvements and in the midst of making several upgrades to the property.

We hope you can visit us upon the completion of our many upgrades.

Have a great summer!
“Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today”