“Awesome Visit”

Edward Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I visited Dearborn MI in the past week (January 2013). The staff at the Adoba were just great! I stayed for several days and they treated me like family! The food was great (Thanks Chef Pat) and the waitstaff were very attentive. I had coffee at the Starbucks in the Hotel Lobby most mornings and there was always a variety of fresh muffins to choose from. The price was very reasonable and the room was comfortable and very clean! I appreciate an eco friendly hotel and will definitely stay at the Adoba the next time I visit Michigan!

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and the higher you are - the better the view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DarlinL L
VicePresidentSales1, Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Darlin,

Thank you from the entire staff for your great review starting from the service you received, to our outstanding food to our onsite coffee shop. I will for certain share your gracious comments on Pat and the entire team. We strive to exceed all guest expectations, it is a pleasure to learn we were able to show you our Adoba customer service skills. We hope to have you back on a future stay while in the Dearborn area.

'Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today'

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am a business traveler and my requests are simple. Clean, quite, good locations, professional staff that will address my concerns.

This was a Hyatt and a very nice place in it's day. The Dearborn Adoba is dated and expensive
and not a value for the price. About $19.00 for breakfast! This isn't NYC.

I asked for Doorman to call a cab for me. An unmetered van showed up and tried to take me to my business meeting. He became lost and I was late. Then he way over charged me. I questioned the driver about the charge and he said that was standard.

I called the Adoba Hotel and spoke with the manager named Sarah. She completely distanced the hotel for any responsibility. I think they should know about this as the door man is their employee. You get a much better value for your dollar at a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LGR2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

So half the hotel is under work, like one of the restaurant and bar are not being used, but there is one restaurant that serves breakfast that I know of. We stayed 2 nights and received 2 breakfast vouchers each, our kids were free.
Room-was quiet and clean, bed was very hard but bedding was very nice and clean. Bathroom was nice had 2 sinks one in with the toilet and shower and that was nice since we have kids. The towels were awesome most absorbent towels I have ever used. Tv is an old CRT tv from 1990's but they are in work so we lived with it, not very many tv channels and most were static that was annoying, also no channel guide.
We were on 14th floor, so our view was beautiful and we liked that you had to have room key to get up to 14th floor, that way we knew non-guest were not walking around.
Hotel in general-parking lot is HUGE, but it is a hike from lot to hotel door. Front door was odd, you went in 1st door on right, then second door on left, pain in the butt with 2 little ones in tow. Gift shop was nice and gifts were reasonable priced, not the snack though $4 for a powerade OUCH. Staff was great, helpful, kind and courteous. Pool was nice, very long walk from lobby but that was nice, you didn't smell the chlorine in the lobby. There is a sauna and hot tub and the hot tub was clean. Breakfast was nice wide selection and the staff in the restaurant were AMAzing... we would stay again and recommend it to families.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night in January before my flight. The hotel was almost empty, there were just handful of visitors with me. For some reason I was put into a room, where a wannabe rapper or something stayed who listened crappy hiphop music very loudly and at some point I did smell weed too.

I went to reception and asked for another room and then I received a quiet room few floors below. I booked a "Executive Room" and the room itself is a small letdown. The room was spacious and clean but it's outdated. Internet connection was fast.

The best thing about this hotel was the breakfast. Staff there was superb and the dining area was very cozy.

Room Tip: Higher floor for better highway views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had a great experience at the recently converted Adoba. Had traveled here before when it was Hyatt Regency, but the service this time far exceeded my expectations. Super friendly greeting upon arrival. Did a fantastic job of telling me what Aboba was all about. Their idea of long-term sustainability and tying into the local community is awesome. Think these guys are really on to something. Talked with a bunch of the staff, including Bernard the building engineer. Everybody seems to really like the new management, and seemed really excited to be changing into Adoba.

Jay S.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Cool hotel. I stayed for the uptown New Year's Eve event while in town visiting family. The NYE event exceeded our expectations. Bands, DJ, Bars....everything you need for a great NYE celebration.
The hotel was so busy when we arrived but the front desk did a great job servicing everyone. Brian checked my sister and I in. We had the NYE package. He was super professional and even offered us a late checkout. (Thanks Brian) Kudo's on the brunch also, we overslept and the team was gracious to ensure we had a great meal. My family is local, they will continue to come back to restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the Ford HQ..... PS - they have valet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel for 4 night after it became an Adoba, I have to admit I was very surprise and impressed by the service and the vision of the new Brand. The new team was doing a great job informing guest about the new brand and their vision.
The restaurant was great, enjoyed the Salad Bar, the staff at the reception was also great.
Looking forward to seeing the first Green Hotel in the Dearborn Area and to coming back to the Hotel on my next visit

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business