“Close, convenient & comfortable”

Edward Village Michigan
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Aurora, Canada
“Close, convenient & comfortable”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I should mention that my wife and I stayed at this Hotel when it was still the Hyatt Regency Dearborn. We were staying in the area to attend a football game at Ford field. The week end we were in town, was the final week end for the world series; and, there was a gamers convention in the hotel; so there was a lot going on.

The Hotel is located on the outer perimeter of a mall. We did not go to the mall; but, we did go to the Friday's that was down the street. There is also a PF Changs in the mall area, as well. We do not know what else is around for restaurants; but, there seems to be something for everyone.

This hotel is huge. I believe someone told me there were 700 rooms. Each floor surrounds the main attrium for the lobby that runs all the way to the top floor. The top floor used to have a revolving restaurant. It was being used as a 24 hour gamers room when we were there; but, it looks like it could be a good place to have a special meal if it reopens as a restaurant.

The room we had was on the 5th or 6th floor, I believe. The room was large and the king bed as comfortable as any you would expect for a Hyatt hotel. Others had complained about the older CRT TV's; but, we were not there to watch TV, so it was not a huge focus for us. There were planty of channels to choose from, that much I do recall. The bathroom shower had very good pressure; and, the room was a good size for our purposes. There was a daily paper available at the front desk each day. I can't rememebr the selection; but, I do remember reading the New York Times (if that matters to anyone).

Overall, it was a good place to stay. It is about 15 minutes drive to the downtown core (without traffic); and, for those shoppers out there, about 40 minutes to Great Lakes Crossing in the North part of the city. A good place to stay, overall.

Room Tip: A King room on a higher floor is usually the best choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AtwoZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel was clean and functional. Seemed fairly utilitarian. No fridge in the room meant we had to put our leftovers on ice over night. A light was out when we got there, but they came and fixed it quickly. It still seemed dark in the bathroom to me, but my husband thought it was better. Check-in and check-out staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Allie P
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband, my son and I booked this hotel on the phone when it was still the Hyatt. We chose the Expedition Package for $159.00 which was to include 2 breakfast buffets, and 2 tickets to both the Henry Ford Mueseum and Greenfield Village. This was a great deal. The driving directions that were on the confirmation e-mail were a little off and we had a hard time getting to it but as it was so large we could see it from a distance and headed towards the building. It is a huge and beautiful hotel. The hotel changed ownership a day before we arrived so we were told the package was no longer available as the Hyatt reps took all the tickets with them. The manager did knock the price of the tickets and honored the free breakfast so we were very happy. The room was clean and the beds were wonderful. The shower had the best water pressure ever and just about blasted me out of the shower. The restaraunt is beautiful and very good. The staff was very excited about the positive changes that are planned and were very friendly and helpful. I will definately return for another visit!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the higher floors for a better view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Braileys
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am a business traveler, so I guess some things that bother a lot pf people about a hotel, do not bother me that much. After reading a number of reviews about this hotel, I wasn't sure if I was looking forward to the stay or not. I was there three nights. I arrived the day it changed to the Adoba Hotel. Check in wasn't bad at all. I stayed on the tenth floor and the internet reception was great. It is also free now. Not very many receptacles available to use in the room.The room was clean, the bathroom was small, but not too bad. The view was great. Bed was comfortable. No real complaints about the room. If you don't mind $19.00, the buffet breakfast was really good. Location was close to everything we wanted to do. Area was somewhat safe. I don't think I would go for a walk after dark though. All in all, a good stay.

Room Tip: I was in 1008, and that is the side closest to the elevators. Internet worked great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mikeandwife91
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Recently stayed here for two night. Nice hotel, good location across from mall and free parking. We liked the hotel layout and comfortable room and of course the hyatt bed. One thing that was a downer, was the housekeeping. Our room was not made up after we left the room at 11:30am and did not return until 10:00pm. We didn't complain as we check out next morning but still didn't appreciate not having the room cleaned. I would stay here again even though the housekeeping needs improvement.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel lobby looks to be updated but the rooms are not. The bathroom was also a bit dated. Not sure there are many options in the area but this hotel is just average.

The bathroom area had a 2nd sink outside the actual bathroom. It was a bit weird but worked.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Haroon S
windsor ontario
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Daughter and I stayed at Hyatt for a weekend, the place was beautiful, clean, and we always were greeted whether we were coming or going. I didn't mind the fact that the exercise equipment was not sectioned off from the pool area, I was able to keep an eye on my child while she swam and I exercised.
At check In we were greeted by Reena, she provided excellent service and was helpful.
I definitely plan on going back in the future.

• Stayed September 2012