“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edward Village Michigan

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Edward Village Michigan
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Oberlin
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I only stayed here for one night and I wished I had some extra time to explore the large hotel and its interesting interior. The staff here is wonderful. Everyone I encountered was so friendly and helpful. I got in late and had to call room service. The woman that answered admitted they were a little backed up and I asked her to recommend a good pizza place because it was already past 8 and I didn't want to eat dinner at 9pm. She cheerfully did and it was a great tip. The pizza delivery guy called my cell and told me he wasn't allowed to come up to deliver which was odd to me. That has never happened before. But that could well have been just him not wanting to bother to make the trip.

The front desk staff were also all very gracious and friendly.

The room was very clean which is always my biggest concern. Yes, as other reviewers mentioned, the bathrooms are tiny. But that's not a dealbreaker for me because I'm not there to spend hours in a bathroom. A clean bathroom is good for me. The rest of the room was very spacious and the view was very nice. It was a little confusing to find the room because of the way the rooms are numbered but I just chalked it up to the design of the property.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room facing Detroit for a nice city view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BRAB_LC
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for posting the review regarding your recent experience at our hotel! We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and I am happy to hear that they were accommodating to your needs and that your room was to your liking. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose us again. It would certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back and provide you with the hospitality that you have come to expect. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Rooms are very nice, but not very large. We upgraded to a larger room for not much more money, the extra size was GREAT. Cafe/coffee shop in the lobby was nice for quick breakfast, but if you plan on eating breakfast in the restaurant, it was REALLY expensive.

Pool is decent sized and the kids had fun. It is far away and had to walk past the conference/ball rooms (at the time there were large conferences going on during the day and on Saturday night a very large wedding.)

Biggest complaint was there was a conference going on our entire stay (and there are probably quite a few) and almost every time we came and went from the hotel there seemed to be a conference-wide "smoke break" going on right outside the front entrance and we, HONESTLY, had to weave our way in and out of dozens and dozens of people smoking. It was disgusting and really was a big turn off. Our kids would play a game - hold your breath and run thru the people into the lobby as fast as you can.

We were also told one other thing, but did not have any issues: the hotel is right in the parking lot of a large mall, which is rather nice and convenient. However, we were told by hotel staff that we should under no circumstances allow the kids in our group (all young teens) to go to the mall themselves. Apparently the area is on the border of a bad neighborhood and teen thugs frequent the area (altho we ate in several of the areas surrounding the mall and walked - with our kids - to the mall twice and did not see or experience anything bad.)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Wow, this hotel is beautiful! From the first step through the door, you can see how gorgeous this hotel is. With its large glass entry doors, glass elevators, and tasteful décor, you’ll feel like a millionaire. You walk through the main lounge and you’ll find the help desk, get your room key, and head to the elevators! As you go up from floor to floor, you can see how spacious and elegant the set-up of the hotel is. There are about fourteen floors, and the rooms are spaced out nicely. My family and I stayed at one of the master suites the first time we went in 2008, and it was amazing. The service was great, and we had a great view from our windows. The next time we went in the summer of 2011, we stayed in a smaller room, but the service was just as pristine as before, and the view was still great. The rooms have good privacy and are very safe and clean. The service was great; you can call down to the front desk and ask for anything you need, and servers are always around to help. There is a nice swimming pool and hot tub at there as well. Though, one complaint I have is that you have to walk through the ballroom area and past a few meeting halls and rooms to get there. It’s sort of like a maze, and it takes a moment to figure out where you are headed, so it can be confusing. Also, each time I’ve been there, a large event was being held in the ballroom, and people were gathered in the path to the pool, so make sure to cover up on the walk there. But it’s worth it; the pool area is clean and safe for kids, plus a good time for the whole family. And on top of all that, the pool is heated, so it’s a great way to relax. In the morning, there is a cute little café in the front of the building where the food inexpensive. They have everything from muffins and coffee, to fruit, bagels, and cereal. Of course, there is always room service, or a nearby restaurant. The hotel is in a good location, very close to main Dearborn streets, and not far from downtown Detroit. Plus, the outside of the hotel is very pretty, with a nice landscape, and free parking. Overall, the hotel was very nice, and I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
I read your response on TripAdvisor and I want to thank you for all of your wonderful comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us while visiting from Cincinnati. We are excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and we hope when your travels bring you back from Ohio that you will choose us again and see for yourself what we have done. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was an awesome stay. I enjoyed the people working, very nice and calm! This was an awesome stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice and clean, the 7th floor is one of the best. The cleaner person was very nic...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments and we are happy to hear that your time with us was an "awesome" one. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff, which shows that our goal towards excellence has been achieved. We hope that when your travels bring you back down south that you will choose us again and let us provide you with the hospitality that you have come to expect. Thank you again.
Bellevue, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

I walked into the building and was greeted with a manager and bell hop arguing loudly outside of the hotel right in front of the main entrance. The front desk assistant who helped me didn't disclose the other information I heard from the desk assistant helping another customer next to me. The elevators were ALWAYS extremely crowded and children were playing on them constantly. The pool and workout room were very far away from the elevators and I had to walk through a sea of people in the ballroom area to reach the workout room. This isn't even the worst part of the hotel, I'll save that for the rooms! The bathrooms were not plush, neither were the towels, bedding, or television. The TV was very old tube type with very few channels. The bedding was course and not fitted well, and the bathroom was just dank with nasty wallpaper and a shower head that peels skin. The door leading to the hallway had a 3 inch gap at the bottom and when people walked by it sounded like they were next you talking while laying in bed. Kids running down the hallway felt like an earthquake. I have experience 120% better service and amenities at a Hampton Inn and it even comes with free Wi-Fi and Breakfast at half the cost! This hotel should not have the Hyatt name!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond and I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was less than satisfactory. On the weekends during the winter months we tend to have kids groups in the hotel and on rare occasions, it becomes a challenge. I do want to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and I hope when your travels bring you back from Kentucky that you will have the opportunity to revisit and see all of our improvements.
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

As a Michigan native I am embarrassed by the sad state of this hotel. Isn't the Hyatt supposed to be a world-class hotel? This place can't have been updated since the 80's. The carpets are torn, patched in obvious ways, and full of cigarette burns. The box spring covers are torn at the corners (in two rooms which I saw, so I expect most of them are like that). The bathrooms are like those old-timey motels,teeny-tiny with a little sink outside the bathroom. Wallpaper is bubbling off the walls. I almost checked out as soon as I saw my room, but was upgraded to a junior suite when I complained. And even that was just barely acceptable.

Redeeming qualities are the nice breakfast with very friendly staff. I feel sorry for them having to work in this old hole.

If you must stay in Dearborn try one of the 3 star hotels. You'll save money and get a nicer room than at this Hyatt.

Room Tip: Please, don't bother.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Village Michigan, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you felt your guest room was less than satisfactory and I can certainly understand your disappointment. I am happy to inform you that we are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and I hope you will try us again in the future and have the opportunity to see all of our improvements. We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Once again, came to Detroit to go to the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show). Used Priceline to get a fairly good rate at this Hyatt Regency. Bed had updated linens with triple sheeting, a decorative runner and three accent pillows. True, not many outlets, but there were two on the desk side and one behind the nightstand. Amenities have been upgraded with toothpaste included. NO problem getting a late check out. Everything was in good repair and worked well. In room coffee was pretty good. They still charge for internet, but it isn't outrageous, $9.95 for 24 hours. Looking forward to the future renovations!

Room Tip: Higher floor, odd numbered rooms have a great view of Ford HQ, Detroit, and the Ambassador Bridge.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I read your response on TripAdvisor and I want to thank you for your nice comments and for choosing our hotel during your trip to this year's Auto Show. You had mentioned you look forward to our future renovations and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back from North Carolina to see what we have done!