Edward Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village(Dearborn)(Great Value!)
$99
$108
$87
Country Inn
1,071 results
All reviewsgiulio sonshyatt regencyfairlane mallshopping malldearborn areagreenfield villageford museumdetroitmi
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I walked into the building and was greeted with a manager and bell hop arguing loudly outside of the hotel right in front of the main entrance. The front desk assistant who helped me didn't disclose the other information I heard from the desk assistant helping another customer next to me. The elevators were ALWAYS extremely crowded and children were playing on them constantly. The pool and workout room were very far away from the elevators and I had to walk through a sea of people in the ballroom area to reach the workout room. This isn't even the worst part of the hotel, I'll save that for the rooms! The bathrooms were not plush, neither were the towels, bedding, or television. The TV was very old tube type with very few channels. The bedding was course and not fitted well, and the bathroom was just dank with nasty wallpaper and a shower head that peels skin. The door leading to the hallway had a 3 inch gap at the bottom and when people walked by it sounded like they were next you talking while laying in bed. Kids running down the hallway felt like an earthquake. I have experience 120% better service and amenities at a Hampton Inn and it even comes with free Wi-Fi and Breakfast at half the cost! This hotel should not have the Hyatt name!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond and I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was less than satisfactory. On the weekends during the winter months we tend to have kids groups in the hotel and on rare occasions, it becomes a challenge. I do want to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and I hope when your travels bring you back from Kentucky that you will have the opportunity to revisit and see all of our improvements.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

As a Michigan native I am embarrassed by the sad state of this hotel. Isn't the Hyatt supposed to be a world-class hotel? This place can't have been updated since the 80's. The carpets are torn, patched in obvious ways, and full of cigarette burns. The box spring covers are torn at the corners (in two rooms which I saw, so I expect most of them are like that). The bathrooms are like those old-timey motels,teeny-tiny with a little sink outside the bathroom. Wallpaper is bubbling off the walls. I almost checked out as soon as I saw my room, but was upgraded to a junior suite when I complained. And even that was just barely acceptable.

Redeeming qualities are the nice breakfast with very friendly staff. I feel sorry for them having to work in this old hole.

If you must stay in Dearborn try one of the 3 star hotels. You'll save money and get a nicer room than at this Hyatt.

Room Tip: Please, don't bother.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you felt your guest room was less than satisfactory and I can certainly understand your disappointment. I am happy to inform you that we are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and I hope you will try us again in the future and have the opportunity to see all of our improvements. We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Once again, came to Detroit to go to the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show). Used Priceline to get a fairly good rate at this Hyatt Regency. Bed had updated linens with triple sheeting, a decorative runner and three accent pillows. True, not many outlets, but there were two on the desk side and one behind the nightstand. Amenities have been upgraded with toothpaste included. NO problem getting a late check out. Everything was in good repair and worked well. In room coffee was pretty good. They still charge for internet, but it isn't outrageous, $9.95 for 24 hours. Looking forward to the future renovations!

Room Tip: Higher floor, odd numbered rooms have a great view of Ford HQ, Detroit, and the Ambassador Bridge.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

I read your response on TripAdvisor and I want to thank you for your nice comments and for choosing our hotel during your trip to this year's Auto Show. You had mentioned you look forward to our future renovations and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back from North Carolina to see what we have done!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed here in January for what seemed like an eternity (11 days) on business. I had a wonderful experience and would definitely stay here again. Only about 15 minutes from Detroit, I would much rather stay here than in the city. Below is my breakdown of the Hyatt Regency Dearborn.

Location:
located in Dearborn, MI. This is the perfect suburban town for families or visitors looking for a safe and inviting place to stay. It is conveniently located only 15 minutes from Detroit and 15 minutes from the airport (DTW). Directly across the street is a full mall with everything you can think of. I was quite surprised at how nice and big the mall was. It has something for everyone along with a full food court and sit down restaurants.

Property:
Very large hotel with a beautiful exterior and lobby area. Outdoor parking lot is huge for anyone traveling with a large truck, rv, or bus. Hotel includes a very nice indoor pool and spa along with a gym. Bar and restaurant are good but expensive.

Rooms:
Rooms are clean and very average. Don't be fooled by the exterior and lobby of the hotel because the rooms are not as impressive. Layout of the furniture in the room is very weird and doesn't make sense. You can't watch tv from your bed. the televisions sets are outdated but work fine. Bathrooms are small but clean. Rooms are okay just a little updated. The view is great in this hotel.

Staff:
Staff couldn't have been better. I was very pleased with the hotel staff. Very friendly and accommodating. Beverly at the front desk was very welcoming and pleasant during my check in. bartenders and housekeeping were very friendly.

Conclusion:
Overall this is an average hotel but very good in my opinion. The only think this place needs is a little updating to its furnishing in the rooms. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the Detroit area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Maikolo
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we are delighted to hear that your extended stay with us was enjoyable. We pride ourselves on our excellent staff and service with the ultimate goal to insure our guests' stay is a memorable one. I also want to let you know that we are in the planning stages of an upcoming renovation and sincerely hope that when your travels bring you back from California, you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and see all of our improvements. We all look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Enjoyed an overnight stay during a two day business conference. Clean, spacious room, friendly front desk staff and in-room coffee. We enjoyed tasty buffet meals in the conference rooms during our breaks but otherwise I did not dine in at the hotel. Very convenient to The Henry Ford, Ford Motor Company, and other Dearborn locations.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business