“NOT WORTH THE PRICE - 2 star hotel at most”

Edward Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I recommend not staying at this hotel. First of all you have to pay $10 to use the wireless internet. Second of all the rooms are equipped with the latest furnishings from the 1980s: 24" tube tv, basic cable, low thread count sheets, carpet was worn out in some place, very few power outlets to plug your electrical items, room smelled a little bit like cigarettes. 3rd: Parking is horrible, and you do not feel safe walking so far away from hotel to park your car (this is Detroit - common).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank __FREE_LIFE037
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. I want to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and I hope when your future travels bring you back from Canada that you will have the opportunity to see our improvements.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hyatt and had a great time. I must admit, for the great price (thanks to priceline.com) I had no complaints. However, if you plan on paying the full price for this hotel, I suggest maybe finding a different hotel that offers more for the money. Here's why:

Good:
*The room was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable
*Hotel staff was very courteous and check-in/out was a breeze
*Location was AWESOME - right in front of Fairlane Mall with tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment.

Not so good:
*It's 2011 and I was surprised to see an old square box 1980 (well maybe not that old but you get my point) televison in the room with only 5 good channels.
*Walls very thin or I'm a very light sleeper (which is not the case). I heard every turn of a handle, opening of doors, children running down the hall, etc. While this could happen at any hotel, I was ok because I paid my wonderful priceline.com price. Again, had I paid full price I would have been a little bothered.
*There was a daily charge for the Internet - not good
*Breakfast buffet was a bit pricey

Now, with all that - depending on what you're looking for in a hotel will determine if the Hyatt is the place for you. Based on the "good" listed above, some people wouldn't mind paying a high amount and the "not so good" wouldn't be a deal breaker. In my opinion, you can get those same qualities without the high price tag to go with it. Therefore, my only advice is that you book this hotel at the cheapest rate possible to lessen any disappointments.

Room Tip: Try to get the cheapest rate you can (via priceline.com, hotel.com, etc.)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank naturalbronzeQT
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay and I am happy to hear that you had a great time while you were here. We are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and I hope when your travels bring you back to the area from Georgia that you will have the opportunity to see our updates.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I attended a conference and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Dearborn. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpfule. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The views from the restaurant on the top floor were really nice, the food I wasn't all that impressed with. The location was convienient, although the mall across the parking lot was... interesting. I would stay here again if travelling for business!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I've stayed here around half a dozen times in the last 2 months. This is an absolutely huge hotel. It serves the purpose - great bed, impeccable service, nice and quiet so you can get a good night's sleep. The restaurant menus aren't the most adventurous, but the food quality is excellent. Downsides? The rooms are getting a little old and worn, and the rooms really need more electrical outlets - the desk only has one free. The fitness facilities aren't the best I've seen in a hotel, but they check all the boxes.

Like I said - serves the purpose.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments and I am happy to hear that you have chosen us while on your business trips from Canada. We are in the planning stages of a hotel renovation and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future to see all of our improvements.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Had a wedding at the Henry Ford and relied on the Hyatt to house most of our local and out-of-town guests, including many guests from overseas. Overall the Hyatt staff was very helpful and took care of us and our guests, including quick and cheerful responses to a number of last-minute requests that popped up. Diana in group services, Chris in housekeeping, Hassan and Rick in the restaurant, Andrew at the front desk, and many others provided wonderful customer service experiences during our stay. Additionally the Hyatt has a convenient dog policy, which helped us out on our last night immensely. If you are planning an event in the Dearborn area, I recommend giving the Hyatt Regency Dearborn a call.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank stamfordtraveler72
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very BIG hotel
Clean rooms - great beds.
Friendly front desk services
Shower was like a power washer - VERY hard
TV was a old square TV - room not updated on electronics
Fitness room - AWFUL!! - over looks very small pool.
Pool was small and dark.
Not much charm or personal attention when the hotel is that big
Long waits for elevators.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TCMNLIL
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Friendly and professional staff. Everyone always greeted you with hello, good morning ect. The hotel was nicely decorated and clean. Our suite was very roomy. The bellman were extremely helpful in arranging transportation to location attractions.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Dearborn76, General Manager at Edward Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for posting your comments. It is our pleasure to provide professional service for our guests and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with every aspect of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back from Memphis.