“A lot like home cooking”

Sign of The Beefcarver
Ranked #40 of 290 Restaurants in Dearborn
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I'm so glad there are still a couple of these restaurants open, because it's a lot like going to grandma's. In addition to roast beef dinners and sandwiches, there are any number of other tasty main courses to pick from and they are rotated so the menu varies from week to week. Meatloaf, beef stew, roasted chicken and turkey breast (with outstanding dressing), pork chips, baked fish and the list goes on. There are lots of salads to choose from as well as multiple side dishes. Finish that off with your choice of a variety of pies and cakes and you will want to come back and try something else.

6  Thank Veronica S

Reviewed June 1, 2009

Years ago we frequented Beefcarver bi-monthly. When I became a vegetarian, I stopped going. We decided to try it again yesterday, May 31st. Boy was that a disappointment. The service was fine. But the food was cold! All of it. I do eat fish now and that is what I ate part of. I have never eaten fish that was tough, but this was, and on top of that it was cold! I think there is nothing worse than cold fish! My husband and in-laws had chicken parmasean and that was cold as were the noodles under the chicken. The taste was fine on the chicken but it was cold. And the broccoli was mushy, not very appetizing. The salad had dried up tomatoes in it and the lettuce was wilted, not appetizing at all. All in all, I'd say this was not a pleasant meal. And it is not a value either. With every thing being ala carte, you have no idea how much you are spending unless you carry a calculator and add as you put stuff on your tray!
I for one never want to go back!

1  Thank Loquasious
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This restaurant is located in Dearborn, MI, close to The Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village. This is a cafeteria style restaurant where you order items individually. The Staff was very pleasant and carry your trays for you to your seats.

The prices were average and the atmosphere was cozy. There was not music playing, which is a plus for travelers that might like a quieter dining experience.

The food was good and had large portions. We would definitely recommend.

3  Thank DDandJD