“Great meal with co-workers”

Andiamo's of Dearborn
Reserve with OpenTable
Andiamo's of Dearborn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 274 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southfield
Toronto, Canada
“Great meal with co-workers”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Dined Sept. 25/12 - Throughly enjoyed my meal - the restaurant put together a special selection meal for a group function. I had a the homemade breads with an eggplant antipasto, then a fresh salad, a small bowl of angel hair pasta, then choped steak in mushrooms with vegatables. The dessert was a choice of chocolate or vanilla iced cream or a fruit sorbet or gelato - all served with a biscoti. Wished I had my camera - lovely presentation of tasty food. Dining is upscale.

Land O Lakes, Florida
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I took my brother and sister-in-law for dinner. They raved about this restaurant so I wanted to go. I had a great time and the food was great. Yes it's pricey for the area but I think the service and quality of food we received was justified. It's a large restaurant and having worked in the food service business long ago, I can see where it's possible to receive inconsistent service on busy nights. I had no complaints. The beef tips in zip sauce was fantastic. The filet mignon was great as well. Best wishes to the restuarant management and service staff on trying to make everyone happy. Just know that as rare is it is to receive a compliment in this industry, you are getting one from me.

Detroit
“Not as good as it once was”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Overpriced! I don't mind paying $38 for a steak, but it better be amazing! Here it is not, and no sides are included! I will travel to the traditional Andiamos now, it's not worth the money here.

Brownstown Township, Michigan
“Sadly Disappointing”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I went to Andiamo's with another couple to celebrate a birthday. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor (which I do for nearly all restaurants) and in spite of so many bad reviews, we went along because this is the restaurant our friends decided upon. We had a reservation at 6:00PM on a Sunday. We arrived on time and I was surprised there were so few patrons. We were greeted promptly and were seated in the bar area to watch the Tigers game on TV. Other reviewers mentioned ambiance but I saw nothing exceptional. Very utilitarian. Drinks came and our server stated she was going off duty and we would be passed to another server. Both were fairly attentive. Looking at the menu I immediately wondered why I would even consider dining at Andiamos with prices this far off the scale. I have dined in some of the best restaurants in New York, L.A. and Chicago and paid less. I felt like having a steak but I flat our refused to pay $48.00 for a rib eye. OK, I decided that perhaps the food was so wonderful the price would not matter. I was dead wrong. A caprese salad for $14.00 (shared) and for me Frutti de Mer with angel hair pasta at $28.00, both of which were good but nowhere near exceptional. The bill for my wife and I came to $150.00, not including tip.

The bottom line is this, if you feel OK dropping this kind of money on a dinner which is at best "good", then make your reservation at Andiamo's today. If not, there are many great restaurants at half the price. I will never return.

Boston, MA
“Major service fail, followed by food fail”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Made a reservation, went in about 5 minutes early, and gave them my name, told them I was going to meet the other three people. Five minutes later, the rest of my party came in, gave them the same name, and were seated elsewhere, with (the same) hostess telling them that she'd keep an eye out for me. We both checked with the hostess again to see if anyone had arrived, were told no, no, and told that there hadn't been any calls either. (I couldn't call on my cell phone, which was broken).

We all wandered around at least once, too, looking for our party (one was seated back in a corner, the other in the "loggia" and not easily visible from the main room: I didn't know that it existed.

So, are you ready for this? After hearing the party of one asking a few times if her remaining three guests had arrived yet, AND hearing a party of three (who had given the SAME last name), the staff had not figured out that they had already seated us separately until AN HOUR AND THIRTY-FIVE MINUTES had passed.

We were extraordinarily angry, because this was a get together with out of town family who hadn't been seen in years, and this was our only time to see each other. When we finally found each other (the party of three had already eaten, the party of one had ordered, which was hard to do, as she was being ignored by the waitstaff after the first 40 minutes or so.) So what did they offer us in recompense? Free coffees and desserts. That's not nothing, but it also felt mighty insufficient.

This was not during a particularly busy night: the restaurant was slightly under half full.

The piece-de-resistance: the next day, two of the diners (who had shared an appetizer and tastes of their entrees) got sick, apparently with food poisoning. The other food was tasty.