“No arabic coffee???”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“No arabic coffee???”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I found ourselves in Dearborn recently on a late Sunday morning. We were aware that there were many middle eastern restaurants in the area and decided to find one. We let the gps help us out and we came upon Amani's. There were maybe three or four tables occupied. We were very politely greeted by about five people who seemed to share the job of waiting on us. I asked for an arabic coffee to start and was somewhat surprised to be told that they were out of it. I found another beverage but was pretty disappointed. I don't have the chance to have it very often. When the server returned, he somewhat sheepishly informed me that the supplies had just come in and I could have the coffee if I wanted. I did indeed and then enjoyed two cups of very good coffee. We had a "lunch for two" that turned out to be excellent. We started with a very good hummus. A choice of salad was very good for the season. The main plates had three kabobs and two chopped meats. All were a real treat. Crisp char on the outside but moist and tender inside. A couple of nice condiments came along. I even enjoyed the rice which I usually find to be just a filler.

We don't have places like this around our home and it was a very nice casual treat for us. I was a little confused by the service. Very polite and friendly but rather disorganized. I am not sure if we were a little too early or what. The people being served seemed to be family or at least treated that way. Kind of nice to see either way.

It's not likely that circumstances will bring us to Dearborn again for a while but if they do, I would return.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KevinJ379

Sarnia, Canada
“Good cuisine, small tables”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our club visited the Arab Museum in Dearborn and after the visit (at the suggestion of the Museum staff) we went to this restaurant - which was not on Warren Ave but on Michigan. Everybody ordered something different; my shish.... (chicken) was very good and the portions generous. This was the first restaurant in the USA where they knew how to make tea : place the teabag in the cup and pour the hottest water on it. On the downside the tables are too small - we had problems keeping the plates from falling.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank jaunty5
Detroit, Michigan
“Good Lebanese food.”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This restaurant serves the usual Lebanese fare: hommous, soup, salad, kabob etc. The lentil soup is very good, and the shish kabob was excellent. No one at our table had salad, but the people at the next table did, and it looked great; very fresh with big hunks of feta. The restaurant has its own small parking lot in front, so you don't have to look for street parking.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank tripowl3
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“they need their but kicked for poor service.”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

good food but poor custumer service. The service people are snotty but most Lebanese are snotty not all. I went with a group of friends (12) had reservation during ramadan that day. the girl couldnt find our reservation and when she did she gave our table to another family. Its time for us to break our fast but me and my friends (12) had to stand and wait for a table until one was free...after everyone has eaten. We didnt get an apology and i dont even think a discount for their mess up. Every time I go their which i dont anymore, the people are snotty. The best place to eat at in Dearborn is SAHA restaurant. The service is awesome. I always get the waiter (awesom) Sahir. The owner is always looking out and greeting the customers. I dont know his name. Awesome. Tell them Laila said that. You can tell Amanis what I had to say about them. Bull crap place.

Visited October 2011
Naples, Florida
“Best Arabic Food in Dearborn”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have been to many of the Arabic restaurants in Dearborn, and I feel that this is the best one!

I generally order deboned chicken if I am ordering an entree, or a spinach salad (sometimes with grilled chicken) if I am ordering a salad. Both are very good.

Their hummus is the best around! They serve it warm, which is not typical, and it melts in your mouth. The bread that you get with your meal is great, and is especially good when dipping it in your hummus.

Parking in the rear of the restaurant is not spacious, but I manage to get a spot every time I have ever been there. The service has always been good-friendly, fast, and gracious for your business. Their prices are very reasonable. The atmosphere is typical of other Arabic restaurants in the area, and is clean.

• Visited October 2011