“Shawarma!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hopewell, New Jersey
“Shawarma!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is a great lunch spot. Inexpensive and the best shawarma sandwich on Warren Avenue. Always my first stop when I return to East Dearborn...

Visited March 2013

“Manger with an anger management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I loved the food the service wasn't the best.
What stood out was the manger the waitress called Moe needs a class of anger management and limit his cussing to staff and customers

Seabrook, Texas
“Makes me wish I lived in Dearborn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We have middle eastern restauaunts in Texas and I consider myself an adventurous cook, however there is no one and nowhere that makes a better meal than the people at Cedarland. Flavorful, fresh and authentic - not chain restauraunt middle eastern. Order the fatoush, raw kibbe, tabouleh, hummus and Baba Ganoush, the Tawook and Shwarma. With pickled turnips that rock. Our party of 18 ordered the family meal ($110) and a raw kibbe and lamb chop (best anywhere) . We get to Dearborn only once every few years and this place is always a must so we were pigs. We still had six boxes of food leftover for the college kids to take home. Seriously I would drive hours to go
here...if you never likes lamb, Arabic food this will change you. Dearborn is soooo lucky.

Nashville, TN
“*** Excellent Food, 6 Years Later; Pity the Lone Server”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

On my first visit to the Detroit area in 6 years, I invited family for a feast at Cedarlands. I recalled a memorably delicious and sumptuous meal, with a very reasonable price, and Cedarland repeated the experience. Hummous, baba ghanoush, kebabs, fried kibbeh, fattoush and tabbouleh salads, everything was impressively delicious.

But the last time, I had eaten in the early afternoon, and this time we went at 6:00 PM on a Thursday.

Similar to the reports of other reviewers, we also found that only one server seemed to be waiting tables in the entire restaurant. While she was very friendly and helpful, she clearly was unable to attend to our table of 6 as I imagine she would in a better-staffed situation. So she seated us with our menus, and the next time she returned-- a little too long-- she was ready to take our order. So there was no drink order, or invitation to order appetizers-- and we were hungry so we ordered everything at once. Having read other TA reviews, I recognized the situation, and everyone had their order ready when she did come by.

Different from the quiet afternoon when I was there last, this time, even with only half the tables filled, the restaurant was too loud. The server quickly responded to my request to silence the TV over our booth, but there was still plenty of noise, which only increased when 2 families with small children sat nearby. Oh, well.

Also, be aware that while there are several large booths that seat at least 6, the table didn't move, and a mildly overweight person felt a little cramped-- especially as more appetizers and entrėes arrived.

One other caveat: portions are LARGE, so err on the side of ordering small, and less than you might guess. Also, don't hesitate to order the samplers or family meals, which will provide a good survey of Cedarland's food.

I've rated a "4" rather than a "5" only because of the reasons I've outlined above. Food and prices are definitely a "5."

Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Cedarland's food is great and they feed you alot of it. Anytime I come within 20 miles of this place we go. Marinated whole boneless chicken comes with soup, salad, bread, chicken and rice. It's enough for two people to have 2 cpomplete meals. The place has a great atmosphere and the service has always been top notch. We love this place.

• Visited December 2012