“Strives for Organic and locally sourced food where possible”

Giulio and Sons Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 285 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Evergreen and Michigan Avenue
Description: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, it's in evening when the restaurant truly comes alive, as our talented chefs create perfectly prepared steaks, seafood and Northern Italian specialties designed to delight your palate.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ate here on St. Patrick's day -- figured an Italian Restaurant would not be busy on an Irish holiday which turned out to be true. Food was awesome -- locally sourced and organic where possible. Food is trying to be sustainable as is the concept of the hotel. Salad bar and desert bar that comes with the meal were delicious. Wait staff were very friendly and helpful. Ate here a second time the next morning and breakfast buffet was wonderful. There was a good array of choices and top notch taste.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was extremely happy with the food and the service at this restaurant. The salad bar was upscale with many choices, not just your typical iceberg and orange cheese....blue cheese, pine nuts, imported olives, prepared salads, etc. The chicken marsala was excellent...recommended by Rich. The desert bar was made up of deserts that would typically be $7-$10 a piece not the typical "all you can eat" varieties. oh, have to mention the garlic bread...fresh and amazing!! The service was wonderful and attentive. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank JamaicanBride1222
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Had breakfast buffett and your were able to order made to order eggs from waitress. Ordered eggs, sunnyside up, waitress came over 10 minutes later and asked how things were, I said I never got my eggs, "oh I'll get them right away", 15 minutes go by, she came over again, "can I get you your bill" and I said "I still didn't get my eggs"!! Beyond ridiculous!

Giulio_and_Sons, Manager at Giulio and Sons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please accept my apologies for the lack of service and inconvenience you received during your recent visit to Giulio & Sons. We truly appreciate your business and it is very disappointing to learn we were not able to provide a better customer service experience for you and your guest. Please know, we take our customer service commitments very seriously and strive everyday to exceed every guest expectations. Again, my apologies we were not able to show you the outstanding customer service the Restaurant has become know for within the community. We do hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to the Dearborn area.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The salad bar was just awful !!!! Lettuce beginning to brown on the edges...ranch dressing was excellent...all pasta dishes were very dry, like it had been sitting out all day. The cold shrimp was very dry and rubbery, just horrible !!! Soups were OK...liked the corn chowder, was a little watery and found only one piece of corn!!! Minestrone was OK, also. They could have been warmer. Main course was very good....Steak perfectly done...excellent mashed potatoes...and the sauce on the steak was very good. Asparagus was good....carrots were to hard for my liking. I thought the dessert bar was included in the Valentine's Day menu, and we were charged for it. Bread pudding w/ carmel sauce was very good!
The salad bar use to be excellent...everything fresh !!! Very disappointing!!! No salami, sliced mozzarella and tomatoes, oysters on-the-half shell, cheese cubes. This disappointment may keep me from returning! Wait staff was excellent. A little noisy....several little kids. Over-all, barely average!!! 2/15/14

Giulio_and_Sons, Manager at Giulio and Sons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hello Pam,
Thank you so much for your review it was very constructive for us. I have talked with my team about the past selections on the Market Stand and you have reminded us of some great options that we offered previously. We will be working diligently to get some of these items back on the Market Stand.

We are so happy to hear you loved your main course, our chefs worked diligently to prepare the Valentine’s Day menu and it is nice to see their hard work paid off! We would love to have you back in to check out the Market Stand and the new variety! Feel free to contact me directly alison@adobadearborn.com

We look forward to having you back in Giulio & Sons soon! Hope you have a great week and again thank you for your review!!
Giulio’s Management Team

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family truly enjoys the tasteful artist ambiance of Giulio and Sons. We are vegetarians, therefore not many places serve a variety of dishes for us to select. However, Giulio & Sons offers a buffet of gourmet roasted veggies, salads, soups and pastas that are exquisite, not to mention the dessert bar! The manager, Alison Woodburn is awesome, she informed us that the kitchen could create any vegetarian dish that we wish to have, even if it was not on the menu! Alison further explained that the kitchen stocks fresh and wholesome produce, which is really important to us. If you're lucky, you may get Nancy to serve you, she told us that she has been at Giulio & Sons for 20 years, yet she is the most cheerful energetic lady you could meet. The staff goes beyond the call of duty to make certain your dining experience is a great one. Giulio & Sons is now our absolute favorite place to dine.

Michelle!!! We just love having you and your family spend your outings with us! It is so amazing to work for a company that shares a passion for locally sourced, fresh and organic products. We were just discussing making some new selections of salads on the Market Stand, I hope you enjoy on your next visit!

It is a pleasure to be able to provide customized meals to our fantastic customers like yourself! Nancy and I are just so thrilled that you took the time to share your wonderful experience! Thank you so much for the review, we cannot want to have you back in Giulio & Sons again!

Hope you are making it through these snowy days!