“Generous portions, wonderful desserts.”
Review of Richter's Chalet - CLOSED

Richter's Chalet
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went here for Father's day, and both Dads were very happy! They have a large selection of German favorites, and each meal comes with soup or salad, and two sides. The French onion soup is amazing! The sauerkraut is delicious. The dessert tray is a thing of beauty...all desserts are made in house, and are amazing. Our party sampled black forest torte, apple and cherry strudel, and chocolate éclair. They were all great. The meal also included fresh bread, and crackers with a really good cheese spread. Go very hungry or prepare to take home leftovers.

1  Thank tripowl3

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had lunch here three days in a row because the food was so good! Very good good value,
and tasty! The desserts were amazing. The dessert tray has to be seen to be believed.
The service was also charming and helpful. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I searched for a German restaurant in the Dearborn area on the internet and found this little gem. I read other reviews on Yelp and most reviews were quite favorable so we decided to give it a try. And we were very happy that we did! Yes, the decor is a little tired, the menus have seen their better days but when I go to a restaurant, I go for the food and service, both of which were great at Richter's Chalet. We were a party of five and all five of us got different entrees and all agreed that their choice was very good. The Weinerschitzel is wunderbar and the red cabbage should have had a large serving because it was that good. Oh, and don't forget to order dessert! I shared an apple strudel with my husband and it was divine. Our friends, who happen to be cake decorators and know their desserts, agreed with us about the strudel. All in all, it was a great experience and about the closest you'll come to feeling like you're in a restaurant in Germany.

1  Thank LACatmom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a gem of a German restaurant, it has been a historical establishment in the area for a long time, My grandparents use to dine here. As a third genertion patron of German heritage, Richters is a fantastic place for delicious german food and a very plesant and friendly staff and an old-fashioned, homey atmsophere, The owners Maryanne and Roland work very hard to bring the diners Good, Quality, and Delcious fare, and some of the "BEST" german desserts I've ever tasted, Better then my grandma use to make!
The chefs special, the home made loaves of bread made daily, and the hazelnut mousse and raseberries are some of our favorites, plus their home made cheese spread is out of this world.

its a small place and you have to keep your eyes open or you'll drive by, but don't miss a chance to have a meal at RIchters if you love german food!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Over the years, I've passed this restaurant many times and thought, "I need to eat there!" I love German food and restaurants with older decor and with a past; I was prepared to thoroughly enjoy my meal here. But it was overpriced and only average. My sauerbraten was lukewarm. The bread they served seemed stale. I think they need to lower their prices and do something to raise the quality of their food. And while I do enjoy the old-fashioned decor, it is nonetheless tired. There is nothing wrong with small updates that still maintain the integrity and history of the place. It is time to make some changes.