“BBQ BBQ BBQ”

Westpoint Barbeque
Ranked #42 of 285 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am an expert in eating BBQ. Have had it from coast to coast, some good, some bad. Was looking for good BBQ in Detroit, near where I was staying. I chose this one because it was close. I was shocked! I had the ribs and chicken, awesome! The ribs were tender and had great flavor, not too much sauce or smoky flavor. The chicken was fully cooked, which sometimes you don't get, and it was tender and tasted great. I got a huge piece of garlic bread, but didn't eat it. The sides were fine, but more interested in the ribs. Great place to go for ribs!!!

1  Thank mikeyjl54

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten BBQ almost at every restaurant around, but this place tops them all. The sauce, OMG, I dip everything in it. The special bread, and special it is. The Ribs are to die for, and the Jumbo Shrimp, one could fill you up. The staff was very friendly, and cudos to the cooks. Try thier pruple rain. Love this place.

1  Thank makpx4
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After reading good reviews on trip advisor, we gave this one a try. Amazing! You cant beat the price and amount of food they give you. For our family we bought 2 draft beers, tea, full rack of ribs, that came with two sides, and their HUGE pieces of garlic toast. Onion rings for an appetizer and grilled cheese and fries for our child and a huge slice of carrot cake to go. The bill, $34 and change. Everything was hot and very generous in proportions. The BBQ sauce is tangy, and the ribs were so tender. I highly recommend going here! Our waitress was also very friendly and helped us get around town for other things we needed. Wish they were closer to me back home.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been there a couple of times. I found the food to be average. I enjoyed the coleslaw a lot, but the other meal I had, I ordered the salad and it was limp. As for the jumbo shrimp, they were enormous, but over breaded and only partially deveined so when I discovered this, some of the appeal was lost (all of the shrimp on my plate were deveined in the same manner). The servers are very attentive and provide good service.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were around town for about a week and enjoyed our visit, especially the Henry Ford Museum.
Hungering for barbeque we found Westpoint. The place was clean. the tables were worn out ---which could be a good sign. Service was good and the potatoes were good. We ordered Ribs and were totally dissapointed. Just because you have a bottle of sauce doesn't make you a barbeque restaurant.

1  Thank Kevin8910