“Best Thai Food Period!”

Bangkok 96 Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dearborn, Michigan
“Best Thai Food Period!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

You can tell a lot about a restaurant by how busy it is, this restaurant is packed! Obviously this can be a pain, especially around lunch time. The food is worth the wait or crowd! I have never been to Thailand, but the cooks here are from Thailand. So I will assume the taste must be close. The ingredients have always been fresh and flavorful. I like spice, but not to the point of breaking a sweat. So beware of the dinner chef, his hot will be hotter than the lunch chef. My wife will always ask for extra spice on the side to get her meal to the right heat. I have enjoyed dining in and getting carry out. I have never had a bad meal or complaint! A must try!

• Visited September 2012

Detroit, Michigan
“This is where my cravings reside full time!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I first began going to this restaurant back in 2008 when I worked a short drive from here. I had driven by many times but did not pay attention to it. The exterior is very simple and the building is set back from the street a bit. A co worker came back with lunch order and the aroma was fantastic. I went to check it out for myself the next day. I have been a regular there ever since. The shrimp and veggie dish I ate on that first visit were the start of my trip through the entire menu! You will see the building had been here for years, aged, but in good repair. The decor is authentic, some really cool antique furnishings owner Chef Genevieve collected over the years. Her eye is amazing. Her food is eye candy and art as well as delicious. I have seen her food at some.local business events through her catering services. All her dishes are fabulous!!!
Her personality is warm and welcoming, like a sweet sunrise you have known all your life! Her inquiring as to your visit is always sincere and her smile warm and engaging. The staff are Sharp . On point and efficient the food is always delivered quickly, even when the place is packed with a lunch crowd!! When you go, know that this is high quality, authentic Asian cuisine, made with love! You must try the coconut ice cream for dessert!!! Priced fairly , although soda prices are high, you will make this a part of your routine!!

Dearborn, Michigan
“Positively the Best Thai Food in the Area”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This restaurant is in an old fast food restaurant, but don't be fooled by the exterior. The food is excellent, can be seasoned to your taste, and the presentation is very nice including artisticly cut vegetables. We eat here fairly regularly and have never had a bad meal. The restaurant does not have a large interior, but the atmosphere is comfortable and tastefully done. It is very popular at lunch and dinner time. They do a very large take out business.

• Visited May 2012
Sweettroit, MI
“Solid Thai favorites”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We've been going to Bangkok 96 for years now, about time I write a review! Good menu of all your Thai favorites, green curry is terrific, plenty of sauce to go over the rice. We've also had their pad thai, and the pad pak. The wife loves #2 on the menu, can't remember the name but that's her go-to. Only 4 stars because going with the family I can't get my full-heat Thai, so not sure how they handle heat...one of these days I'll go solo & get that 2x extra hot! Service is fast & friendly but it can get pretty crowded so you might need to wait a bit. Nice fish tank to keep the kids entertained while waiting.

• Visited November 2011
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Mediocre and over rated.”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We went because we love Thai food and saw many very good ratings. I have been to Thailand and eaten Thai all over the world. We found the food to be very mediocre. The mushrooms they used came from a can. The shrimp were precooked, not fresh, the sauces lacked the zip and freshness of good Thai food. One of the best we have found is Thai Peppers on Orchard Lake in Farmington Hills.

• Visited December 2011