“Quirky atmosphere with good food!”
Review of Kiernan's Steak House - CLOSED

Kiernan's Steak House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Quirky atmosphere with good food!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We do not live in the area so it has been over twenty years since the last time we dined at Kiernan’s. We have fond memories and made a special effort to eat there while visiting the nearby Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. The funny thing is that Kiernan’s has not changed in all those years. It is exactly as we remembered and that made it special for us. The place is hard to describe with tasseled lamps hanging over some tables, flowered tablecloths, and a somewhat dark environment, but don’t let that deter you. It is a fun place to dine! We did not want a heavy meal of steak, salad, etc. and opted for lighter faire. On this trip we decided to sit at the bar and enjoy reduced prices on appetizers and drinks. They have a really nice happy hour and very tasty food. We ordered Chicken Fingers ($4.50) and received four large chicken tenders with two different sauces. We also got Steak Bites ($6.50) which were sizeable chunks of very tender steak, cooked perfectly, and served on toast tips with a delectable sauce for dipping. Two mixed “House” drinks and two bottles of beer were only $8.50 total. Hard to beat that at any really nice city tavern. Our food was delicious and quite filling. Our only regret is that we live so far away and it is highly doubtful we will ever return, but don’t let that stop you. It is well worth the trip. Go for it!

• Visited June 2013

MOGADORE
“Older steak house but good food.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food was pretty good because we were looking for a local restaurant instead of the usual. We were visiting and fell upon this area and really liked it.

Visited June 2013
“Mark is awesome. Great food.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went to Kiernans on a Sunday night at 5 p.m. Not busy. Party of 7 adults 4 kids. Everyone's food was good. I loved my Philly steak sandwich. Others had prime rib, and short ribs, burgers, etc.
All good.
Our server was terrific, loved Mark. Very attentive. Great service. If you want the best service in town ask for Mark. :-)

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“NY cut actually rubber boot cut”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Kiernans dropped the ball during my visit on May 16, 2013. Kiernans is known for their great steaks and good service which I had experienced on two prior visits but unfortunately for me, not on visit three. I ordered a New York cut, cooked medium rare. I was served a Boot Cut, Tony Lama, style, which needed a power saw to slice. It was replaced but the meal was ruined. My wife ate alone and then got to watch me eat.
I get that stuff happens and that my experience was just bad luck, however the restaurant management could have at least comped a dessert in way of apology. They did nothing.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FXMike
Plymouth, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place to eat in Dearborn”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is one of Dearborn Michigan's old town restaurants. The setting is an old tavern type dinning area with tifiany lamps over the tables. Food is great and very reasonable prices. They offer specials for the day include both Fish and steaks. I eat here at least twice a month.

• Visited January 2013