“Good value but not clean”

Bd's Mongolian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bd's Mongolian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 281 Restaurants in Dearborn
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good value but not clean”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had this mongolian Grill as found some other places closed near the area. When seated they give you a bowl, so you can go to assemble your dish, picking one meat, vegetables and sauces.

I thought this was a good idea because I like to cook and usually I like my food to be more spicy. Nervertheless food areas where dirty, and some sauces were mixed, spoons dirty and tables were slimy of food residues. I undestand that this mess is normal when people is making their food, but I could expect more control here. If you are a spotless food area fan, this is not your place. Also I found several tables with no napkins and were messy.

I paid for a bowl of rice, a bowl of grillled food and a beer 16 dollars, so I think that is a good value.

• Visited August 2012

Michigan
“Husband and Family love this place”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I like the food, location, and atmosphere! My husband bugs me to go here all the time and my family seems to pick it a lot as well. I like that I can pick my own dish - meat, veggies, sauces, spices, etc. The Wham Bam Shrimp are a wonderful appetizer and the Big Brownie and a sinfully good dessert.

• Visited July 2012
Westfield Center, Ohio
“Fun idea but unsanitary and chaotic.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The idea of choosing your ingredients, including sauces and spices and having them grilled in front of you is a fun idea that we were sure the kids would love..and they did.

My complaint is the that the food areas were filthy. The foods and sauces were mixing and the ladles were slimy. The area where one "assembles" one's meal is chaotic and without a tray, it is difficult to hold a bowl and sauce dish; it is especially difficult if you must also help out your children with this whole process. Giving customers trays and a place to set them as you "work" would not only make the process easier, but it would keep people from setting their bowls and dishes down in the buffet table itself (as people were doing as they were attempting to juggle the whole assembly process). It might also be helpful to have someone circulate the area offering a bit of guidance and/or suggestions. We probably will not return.

• Visited July 2012
Dearborn, Mi
“freshly cooked while you watch”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

fresh meats, seafood, veg's cooked while you wait. nice atmosphere, clean, friendly place. Always busy in a good way

Visited May 2012
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“yuck”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Barely made it home to let out all the nasty frozen meat. This place is just filthy and gross. Food bar has meats mixing and the thongs are slimy and nasty. Sorry, I did not appreciate the runs after eating here.

Visited February 2012