“smokey and slow”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

they have a cigar bar there some evenings, somehow. the whole place smells like nasty stale smoke. takes forever to get your food. never eat there. ever.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Really! everyone we saw leaving was carrying leftovers. We took half of a small salad that served as lunch the next day. The food was good, the service was very good.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We eat Middle Eastern pretty frequently in Austin. La Pita was really, really excellent: huge portion sizes with low prices. I had a mound of tabbouleh bigger than my face and my husband had a schawarma wrap, we shared a hummus, and we walked out of there paying something shocking like $8 for lunch for both of us.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have travelled far and wide, and as an Arab myself, I have tried lots of restaurants. This was my first in the US, we went after recommendation by a few people. the atmosphere was amazing and it was rammed full of people. I expected a lot!
As soon as we sat, we were questioned what we wanted to drink before we even sat comfortably. When we hesitated, she was like I will get u water. Then we she came bk she was like what to do u want to order. I had to actually tell her can you give us a few minutes cos I don't kno ur menu. Lol. Once we ordered, portions were large and looked appetising. However, my meat was under cooked when I told them i requested well done meat, they took it and brought it bk burned. The meal was quite bland and had no flavours, very very dry too. Salad was nice though. The waitress kept asking how we were to the extent I couldn't have a moment to bite my food without been questioned how is it goin? She done it too much, which made me think she is eager for a tip.
Price was ok for 2 people but it was not a memorable experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

La Pita is another place to consider when visiting the Henry Ford and the Greenfield Village. It is minutes away one block off Michigan Avenue in downtown Dearborn. Don't forget to order some small pita bread and garlic butter for an appetizer. The hommoas and Chicken is a great recommendation.