“Not as spectacular as advertised!”
Review of Yogurtown

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yogurtown
Ranked #10 of 10 Dessert in Dearborn
Dearborn, Michigan
“Not as spectacular as advertised!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

At first thought, I thought this yogurt place would be great to eat at, however that wasent the case when I got there. The choices of toppings is great and I think its good idea, however the yogurt flavors were really not on par with whats expected for premium pricing. Also, the place is small and cluttered, could be expanded to offer more sitting space and convenience. Besides these few points, this place is OK to goto once in a while if your in town for different taste of ice cream. Dont expect to much from here even though its in prime business location.

• Visited August 2013

“Fun place”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My grand kids love going here. The workers are very friendly and always eager to help you out or let you sample the yogurt. Many toppings to choose from including fresh fruit. At least 6 different favors of yogurt. Have fun.

Visited August 2013
Taylor, MI
“Fun alternative to the custard stand”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped at Yogurtown for a school fundraiser. There were 10 flavors, arranged in pairs that could be served as a twist. I had the chocolate/vanilla together with strawberry/cheesecake.

Everything is self-serve--grab the size bowl you want, start with yogurt, then move to toppings. The yogurt and toppings are all sold by weight--just put your bowl on the scale and pay by the ounce.

The yogurt was delicious and the toppings are amazing. There are the traditional fudge and caramel toppings, along with a variety of candies, and fruit topping including strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, kiwi and mango. You can too the whole thing with marshmallow if you want.

Prices are a little high, so be prepared if you come with a family. You may want to monitor the young kids so they don't take too much and break the dessert budget! A nice addition would be a scale beside the yogurt dispenser so you can see how much you have before adding toppings.

The interior was nice but small. We ate our yogurt indoors in some small tables along the wall, and customers were passing right alongside us constantly. It would be nice to have a little more space inside to stay and enjoy the yogurt, but they have done all they can with the building they have.

I will definitely be back but for the drive and money, I will probably still go to the corner custard stand more often than not. Yogurtown will stay a rare treat.

• Visited August 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
“Finally - a frozen yogurt place near Downriver!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a huge frozen yogurt fan, so when I heard that Yogurtown was opening in Dearborn, I was elated! We have a serious lack of frozen yogurt in this area.

My first trip there, the yogurt was really thick and icy instead of the creamy texture I'm used to. I was hesitant to try it again after that experience, but I gave it another shot and my most recent visits have been a lot better. The shop is really clean and staff is helpful. It's a bit pricey, but most self-serve frozen yogurt shops are that way... it's hard to go light on something so tasty. :)

I'd like to see a little bit more flavor rotation, but they haven't been open that long, so we'll see what's in store for the future. Overall, I would recommend Yogurtown.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Yogurtown? Share your experiences!