Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn
$65
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village(Dearborn)(Great Value!)
$88
Staybridge.com
$299
$237
Travelocity
All reviewslarge refrigeratorhome away from homefairlane mallshopping mallcollettedeskmiforddetroit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is my first time staying at one of these hotels and I chose this particular hotel for convenience and lack of other choices. On the whole, the hotel was passable but a little lackluster. The rooms were a little dingy but clean enough but our room had a slight off-putting odor. The staff were all friendly and helpful. This is not the type of hotel to which I would return given other choices--it's not a great value for money at about $100/night--but it was passable for one night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your room had a slight odor. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that the housekeeping staff is working to eliminate any cleanliness issues in order to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at der@extendedstay.com We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We use theses hotel for a long time, this one was not good enough as the others one. The breakfast is very very poor, the hair dryer we should as on the front desk to have, the front desk people was not friendly. The location and the parking was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Paulo - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
I am so disappointed that you felt the grab and go breakfast did not have enough option and the staff was not attentive to your needs. Please accept my apologies.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a short 2 day vacation trip for me and my wife and friends. Overall, the staff was very helpful. The first problem was the room, it was a little dirty and the furniture was worn or broken. We were moved to another room and had issue with the room, like broken furniture again, phone not working and the door security hook was broke. Staff upgraded our room. I can not say I enjoyed myself because of all the issues with the room and the elevator being out-of-service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RHuffEL
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to move twice and had issues with cleanliness and broken furniture in both rooms. As well, that you had to move rooms when the elevator was being repaired. To prevent this from happening again, my team is adding additional items to our daily housekeeping checklist and will increase the number of inspections of their work that are completed.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at jdavis@extendedstay.com to discuss this a little further and allow me the opportunity to address these issues with you personally. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family spent two nights in the hotel this weekend and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful and rooms and hotel condition were good. Good value and good amenities. The kitchens were adequate but sparse on utensils. The beds were comfortable and bathroom in very nice condition. The TV picture was outstanding. The wireless internet connection worked well. There were no surprises at checkout.

Room Tip: There is a cigarette smell near the stairwells where people must have gone to smoke, but the rooms had not smoking odors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your great comments regarding your stay in Dearborn. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took such great care of you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the hotel my company chose for me to stay at. I basically live here during the week so the large refrigerator and range is nice. The beds are newer and comfortable. The staff is average and the housekeeping is ok at best. The room is clean, but there is no attention to detail. The vents have not been cleaned since I've been here and it's been a year. There is no pool or rec area, it's basically a spartan apartment, but the any personal items you bring in are respected. The greatest problem I have is the lack of tv channels especially fox sports Detroit. I am a sports fan and have no way to watch any of the local teams. All in all, it is nothing special but not awful. I would not stay here for a weekend but long term it is serviceable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DerekO436

Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continue providing great service and a great product to our guests. I apologize for the attention to detail. You are absolutely correct that this is unacceptable. As a result of your review, I have spoken with the management staff to ensure these deficiences are addressed immediately. As a company, we are reviewing our channel lineup and are hoping to make some changes this year. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business.