“leisurely late lunch”

La Shish
Ranked #18 of 290 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The decor is modern, the food Middle Eastern delicious and the wait staff attentive. There are tables outside, but traffic makes it a little distracting, so we ate inside in the cool of the a/c. We ordered the shish kabob sandwich (2 skewers wrapped in pita) w/ rice, a Greek salad w/ chicken breast, hommous w/ Ghallaba (lamb w/ sauteed veggies surrounded by hommous) served w/ rice & salad, shish kabob (lamb ka bob, lentil soup, salad & rice. Ice water and hot pita w/ tzitki and a tomato spread were served before we ordered. We ALL took left-overs home for another meal or two!! We ate late afternoon - after the lunch crowd and right before the dinner diners. We were not hurried and enjoyed a long leisurely late lunch. We noticed while the wait staff was not busy, they were wiping down sills, counters, flat surfaces. It is, indeed, nice to see wait staff using their time well to keep the restaurant very clean. We live near Traverse City and truly enjoyed LaShish and will return on our next urban visit. The price is right for the generous portions of fresh, healthy food. The waitress did forget to serve our tabbouli so she packed up very generous amounts for us to take home with our left-overs.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Amazing food, fresh and delicious. My waiter was a young man named Frank who was simply a delight. I ordered the sample plate and it was the best of all worlds. Great tasting, hummus, meat pie, meat grape leave, futtosh salad, grilled veggies and of course the pita bread, all this along with the wonderful service I know La Shish in Dearborn, MI will have a return visit by me and I am sure many of my friends.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We don't have a lot of middle eastern food in Vancouver so when I load up on the Middle Eastern food. A cousin suggested La Shish and it did not disappoint. We and the fatoush salad, chicken and hommous, grape leaves, rack of lamb and tabouli. With 4 people we still had lots of left overs. I could have eaten the pita all day! Like little warm footballs. Anyways, service was great and I would walk back to Detroit right now for more La Shish!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

A large group of is had dinner here. Every dish served was a large portion of great tasting food. The lamb was melt in your mouth tender. Salads are huge and flavorful. The ambiance of the restaurant could use some work. It's very noisy, especially when their juicer is being run. The device was pleasant but spotty - we had to chase down our waitress a few times although the restaurant was not busy. Luckily, great food at reasonable prices keep us coming back.

2  Thank Dori M
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My favourite eating spot in Michigan. Consistently good tasting food. Love it and will go there whenever in the area.The hot and fresh bread and garlic dip that arrives on your tables right away is probably the best part

1  Thank CanadianWorldwide