Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Brantford, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Was able to have a great stay at your motel. Got the discounted rate because of family at receiving hospital in Detroit. Rooms very clean and lady at. The desk very friendly and caring. Would stay here again shopping nearby. Stay included a nice packed lunch for the road.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Heather B.,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dearborn - Red Roof. We really enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I truly hope that your son is fairing better and will come home to you soon!

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We will make sure to make your next stay as enjoyable and comfortable as the last stay. See you soon!!

Janet Lawrence and Team Dearborn!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Travel back and forth alot. When in Detroit area We always stay at the Red Roof Inn Dearborn. Its a pleasure arriving to curtious front desk staff, clean fresh room. We love the deluxe king. Housekeeping always polite and accomidating. Management who really works hard in making sure your stay is a good experience...We can stay anywhere we choose and choose the Inn without hesitation. Great stay.

• Stayed July 2014
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear jahimiiy,

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We will make sure to make your next stay as enjoyable and comfortable as the last stay. See you next month and I will be sure to try and put you in that room you like!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was disappointed when I first arrived but later realized the hotel was safe and my room was clean. I normally stay at three to five star hotels. Great area for small restaurants and access to local main highways & streets.
Not a location I would take my kids to have a lot of fun but for highway travel stop over it served us well. I was in Dearborn for five days four nights to play golf & attend a banquet. I choose this motel to save money since I and wife would spend little time there. Hotel needs updating and some repairs on outside structure. Hotel staff was friendly. Bagged breakfast was minimal but handy for a midday or nighttime snack.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank alpsr a
Dear alpsr a,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Detroit - Dearborn Red Roof. I am sorry that you had such a poor 1st thought when you arrived. We are trying to get the winter painting issued addressed and anticipate a painting crew any day now.

Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at this Red Roof for one night, it was fine. I had never been to Dearborn, so I just found this hotel online. After driving around the area, it was probably the second nicest hotel we could have found (the other one was booked.) The room was clean, and newly remodeled. The front desk cleerk was professional and friendly. My only complaints are that there were huge potholes in the entrance driveway, and the parking lot was very tight, someone scraped my car. I would stay again if I ever had to travel back to this area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica P
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Jessica P.,

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Well this night after visiting the Gilmore Car Museum (review coming soon), I had another Red Roof stay and I picked it mainly for the cost and location which is good in my view. It's a no frills place, but the staff are nice (even behind the bullet proof glass check-in window...must be from the 90's...) and the rooms hospitable. Ample parking is available, but watch out of giant pot holes. Some are looking so big that they actually might damage your car.

The staff and other guests are pleasant, I don't think this is a problematic or dangerous area, but just don't draw attention to yourself and you'll be fine. Room was nice and clean, washroom, is ok, it's small and the towels aren't great, but they're fine for a night. The fan and the A/C were pretty loud, otherwise no issues worth even a mention. Good place.

As far as I could tell coming in off a main road (it was late), there are a couple restaurants and coffee shops close by, but I don't know if they're any good. For you Canadian's out there there is a Tim Horton's on Michigan Ave, not far East of this Red Roof location.

Enjoy your double, double and happy travels!

James.

Room Tip: There are two levels, so if you have trouble walking make sure you note this when you book a room to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank James A
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear James A.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Detroit - Dearborn Red Roof. I am sorry that your had such a difficult time getting into the property, due to the pot holes, we are in the approval process of getting them fixed.

PA
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have stayed in other Red Roof Inns and always been pleased. This particular one, in our opinion, was below the standard of what we have come to expect from Red Roof Inns. First of all, our room reeked of Clorox/disinfectant. Secondly, the room had no hair dryer; we would have had to pay more money for a room with a hair dryer and even more money if we had wanted a refrigerator and/or microwave. Third, there was an additional charge for the safe that was in the room; we opted not to use it and clearly marked that on the form when we checked in.

On a positive note, the hotel was located within walking distance of Leon's Family Restaurant. Also, the Henry Ford complex was not too far away and easy to get to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear lkhart50,

Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. We do have the items that you spoke of in the office and would have been happy to deliver them to your room at no additional fee.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylania
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We visited Detroit last minute over Memorial Day weekend and found a lot of the options in the city to be expensive and booked up. We spent the day exploring Detroit then drove the approximately 20 minutes to Dearborn to spend the night. There is not much going on in Dearborn, but there are good Middle Eastern restaurants for dinner and it is close to the Henry Ford Museum. The hotel was clean, relatively updated, and no frills. The pillows were a bit hard but the bed was overall comfortable. This hotel was a good value option.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear amyakabetty,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Detroit - Dearborn Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the pillows being to firm for your liking.

Janet Lawrence and Team Dearborn