“Very nice for the price!”

Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice for the price!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed there for one night in January during the Detroit auto show. The staff was very friendly and nice and the room was nice and clean. It was modern looking and the bed was soooo comfortable. The golf in the back of the hotel makes the mood more relaxing and there are several nice restaurants and cafes in the neighborhood. The only down side was the heater that was REALLY loud. Everytime it would start it would wake me up and it was too loud for me to fall asleep again.
Overall for the price it was better than expected.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the golf
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear S0_0phie,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your January stay at the Dearborn - Red Roof. We really enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with my entire team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Janet and Team Dearborn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have stayed at the Dearborn location many many many times no fleas and no fire damage in the rooms and by the way the Dearborn Red Roof Inn does alot of business and has lots and lots of repeat customers. The manager, Janet is very professional her years of service with the company says it all. The staff is wonderfull. I have, as many others have and will continue to stay at The Red Roof Inn Dearborn Its clean and comfortable with a manager who runs a tight ship and a staff that really cares about the job they do. Rules are rules and the smoking regulations are posted and designated areas available. Great place, nice rooms a bed so comfortable, clean, quiet, affordable -home away from home bonus excellent customer service. The management works hard to keep the inn desirable for all to enjoy their stay. I appreciate all The Red Roof has to offer. MD

• Stayed February 2014
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Jahimiiy,

Thank you so much for your passionate response to another persons review. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I appreciate the comments you left and apologize for taking so long to respond. I was on vacation, but I'm back and on the case again! WE hope to see you again real soon!! Again thank you for your Passionate review.

Best Regards,

Taylor, Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The last time we stay,was great they had my keys ready,no waiting. Nobody already check in the room,the tub was great,the water stay. The girls are helpful,except maybe one could use alittle attitude adjustment. Janet is always helpful and nice to talk to.

• Stayed February 2014
Marksbaby,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay in Early March at the Dearborn - Red Roof. I have been away on vacation and hope to see you folks again real soon. I really enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I'm glad I could make such a positive turn around for you and hope to see you every weekend even over the summer!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we will see you this weekend!!

Sterling, Colorado
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Friendly and courteous staff. Nice, updated rooms. My employees stay there all week long and it feels like home. It is very affordable, great rewards and benefits to staying there. The General manager has worked with me on great weekly rates. The reward program that they offer is great it gives you free night stays, witch now a days is great when you have to travel for work. We highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Jody B.,

Wow Thank You!!!! I really appreciate your comments regarding your company's recent stay's at the Dearborn - Red Roof. We really enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with my entire team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next stay at Red Roof. See you again real soon!!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2014

They had fleas and they charged me an extra $228 without notice and accused me of smoking weed in the room. This location does not get much business due to the flea issue and the manager, So to make up for lagging sales the manager regularly accuses people of smoking weed and charge their credit or debit card. I did not know this until after I stayed there.

There was a lot of burn damage in the room. the desk had a hole burnt in it from the coffee maker, irons, and the clock had begun to melt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank gator22111
Dear gator22111 from Detroit, Michigan,

I apologize that you had this experience at our inn, the comfort and safety of our guest is our top priority and upon hearing your concerns we had the room inspected by a third party consultant who was unable to find any evidence of a problem with the room. We also are a 100% smoke free facility. What I found in your room lead to the additional charges. In the spirit of 100% an extra thorough cleaning had to be done before we could sell the room again as a 100% smoke free room.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best Regards,

Janet Lawrence
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Nice, updated rooms. Friendly and courteous staff. Perfect for business travel, and I would also stay here for leisure. I definitely will be back. I am glad to finally find a comfortable, clean room for regular business travel in Dearborn - Detroit area.

• Stayed January 2014
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Jipsmomma,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dearborn - Red Roof. We really enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with my entire team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next stay at Red Roof. We hope to see you again real soon!! Hopefully when its warm next time!

Janet Lawrence and Team Dearborn
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 24, 2014

It's not only a happy thing to spend our travel time in this hotel. It's clean, warm and comfortable to live in. The service was so good that all of my friends felt at home. The most important thing was that I left my coat and wallet in the hotel, but I was lucky that the manager sent it to me in time via UPS.
This is one of the best hotel I have met!
Enjoy your time in this hotel, my friends.

Room Tip: The big bed is really suitable for a couple.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Youn C.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on this site. I really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Detroit - Dearborn Red Roof. It was my pleasure to send your items back to you. They were much needed, I'm sure.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to your home away from home.

Janet Lawrence and Team Dearborn