“Bare bones lodging”

Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Office staff were excellent. We didn't know the rooms were so small, dark, and the towels were so thin almost of no use. The location was good for getting to a Tiger's game and the Ford Car Museum. I wouldn't stay at a Red Roof again. Way too confining in space.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GrayArea44
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear , GrayArea44

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Detroit - Dearborn Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the thin towels, We would have been more than happy to replace them or give you more. As far as the room you must have chosen our smalest "Bare Bones" room Standard King, instead of our spacios Supreior KIng room with the large lighted desk area, micro-fridge, iron and board, hair dryer & a personal coffee maker. As it is a bit more expensive, it is well worth it.

Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,

Janet Lawrence

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Everything fresh including the stylish Asian comforters. Contemporary furnishings and good flat screen TV. Bamboo floor (except around beds) for a pleasant & hygienic barefoot experience. Good lighting throughout and 2 outlets on desk lamp for chargers. 10 minutes to The Henry Ford and, at Michigan Ave. and Telegraph Road, fast routes most anywhere. Second time here...I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear CaneHaulRoadie,

We are very happy to be able to offer such a great room! It is the best product that I have seen for our market segment. I send my thanks from Team Dearborn that you noticed our efforts in making sure that you had a clean and comfortable room to stay in. It is our goal as a company to give our customers a 100% satisfying experience and it seems as if we were able to provide you with just that! Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Dearborn!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend enjoyed our stay. I liked the breakfast vouchers and I saved some money using a coupon. We will go back. My boyfriend liked that everything was up to date like the t.v. and the lights. The room was very clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We liked it is located by restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: August 2013
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

RayDionne,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Detroit - Dearborn Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were in Dearborn for the "Maker Faire" at the Henry Ford Museum. This hotel is only a couple miles from the museum.

The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. Any questions or concerns that we had were handled promptly. Clean, comfortable rooms.

Close to many restaurants and shops. Don't miss Leon's. Just a couple blocks away. Good food good service and close to the hotel.

I would recommend this place and would have no problem staying there again if we were in the area again.

Personal preference- I didn't care for the pillows, but my spouse thought they were just right.

Out of their control-- If you stay here you may have to be a bit of a daredevil dealing with the way Dearborn chose to handle traffic on the main road in front of the hotel. Luckily most of the time that we had to deal with it there was not much traffic, so it was almost bearable getting across.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BusRides
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

BusRides,

We are very happy to be able to offer such a great room! It is the best product that I have seen for our market segment. I send my thanks from Team Dearborn that you noticed our efforts in making sure that you had a clean and comfortable room to stay in. It is our goal as a company to give our customers a 100% satisfying experience and it seems as if we were able to provide you with just that! I'm equally excited that you choose to go to Leon's, while here for the 'Maker Faire'. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Dearborn!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a clean hotel with an efficient, though not large, room. It is close to Greenfield Village and Ford Museum. It seems very secure and quiet (very important in a big city). Everything from check-in to check-out was handled quickly and efficiently by a friendly staff. WiFi service worked well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Smallyataol

Smallyataol,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Nice new, clean room, comfortable bed, good location. We ate at Leone's. Great.
I wanted to take a bubble bath at midnight and the front desk gladly provided
more towels. Very impressed with every service person I had contact with.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 49Vacation
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

49Vacation,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Detroit - Dearborn Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I'm happy that you chose to write the review even 6 months after your stay. That means alot, that we left such a good impression.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next stay at Red Roof.

Janet Lawrence and Team Dearborn

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Liked the renovated room. Friendly front desk. Wes at front desk was very attentive & professional. I liked the location. Close to many restaurants & shops. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

I will make sure to share your comments with Wes and the rest of my team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Janet Lawrence