“Nice Place but Unexpected Issues”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Place but Unexpected Issues”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

This is a nice property located out of the way but near the Fairlane Mall and Henry Ford places. The bed wasn't the most comfortable. The only problem we had was that they mixed up our pre-paid reservation and did not have a room for us on day three of our trip. No apology or anything just sorry we don't have you a room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank rdpettus3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
noida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

I have stayed at this place a few times now. As we all know winters are harsh in detroit, a few things which help at this place are:

1) walmart just behind the hotel at a walkable distance for your grocery needs
2) cheap for long term stay
3) a convenient small kitchen with microwave/oven

someof the things which this marriott hotel misses out on is:

1) wireless internet.. wired cables give me nightmares
2) no breakfast!
3) crockery and untensils are quite old
4) telephone instruments are ancient! you cant put it on volume for conference!
5) a couple of my colleagues complained about not getting hot water and even cockroaches (wasnt the case with me- i am an elite marriott member:))
6) No good hangouts like malls or nigh-spots to visit nearby..a mall is close, but cant be accessed on foot in winters atleast!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank amanforu
Navi Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

Ford Dearborn temporary 2.5 months assignment were given to me in Nov'09, I decided to book nearest long term hotel i.e. Towneplace Suites Marriot. As it is marriot affiliated, I got Marriot rewards points.
Hotel room service was very good. They keep everything neat and clean. Staff was very co-operative. Rates were affordable for long term stay.
Room is having kitchen and all kind of utensils, microwave, dishwasher, fridge....good enough to prepare food by own. Laundry service, Gym are available.
Overall it was good experience for me.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

Clean, quiet, ample space. They have a specific room cleaning schedule, so you may have to ask for towel replacement, etc. Full kitchen if you care to prepare/store your food. Very convenient to Henry Form Museum, Rouge Factory Tour, etc.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

My husband and I actually stayed here 6 years ago and had a wonderful experience so when it was time to return for the Thanksgiving weekend to visit friends and family they were our first selection. Boy have things changed in 6 years! First when we checked in they gave us an ADA room (clearly marked at the front door) and when I called to ask to be moved the front desk agent argued with me that the room was not ADA--well then their engineering folks need to change the special door bell and a few things in the room if it is not suppose to be! They finally moved us and it was fine. Now I know TPS does limited housekeeping but at least I thought they changed the towels from my memory the last time I visited; not this case on this trip; no service on Friday and when I saw the housekeeper on Saturday to ask if we would get service she looked confused but said okay and then yelled after me to say, "Towels only". Okay! On our last day our do not disturb sign was on the door and they entered the room anyways way before check out time--10:30am. Okay!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nikka10
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

I like to stay at Marriott properties when I can, because the quality is consistent. I could get a better rate at the Towne Place Suites than at the nearby Courtyard (which I really like), so I decided to give the Towne Place a try. The room was a little smaller than at the Courtyard, but it had a good work area and free internet. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Tucker, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

Stayed here to see Henry Ford & because it was 2 separate bedrooms (teenager) but was not what I expect from TowneSuites. No breakfast option, room was right under stairway so very noisy, it is about to undergo remodeling which it really needs - furniture worn, no internet cable (had to get one which didn't work so had to get another), small dog running around in the building, not impressed with housekeeping. Exercise room is good. Pool is small and right at entrance but since we weren't using pool it didn't matter. It was convenient to Henry Ford and Greenfield Village but not sure I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family