“I thought it was great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn

TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Ann Arbor, MI
“I thought it was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2006

I recently stayed at the TownePlace Suites with out-of-town family members. The hotel was only 3 miles from Greenfield Village so it was very conveniently located and the price was right. I felt safer there knowing that only registered guests could access guest hallways. In most hotels, anyone can go through the lobby and in to the guest room areas without being stopped. The room was very nice and the bed extremely comfortable. I also liked that we had a kitchen where we saved money by taking care of our own breakfast every day. I thought it was great!

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank bogham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lewis Center, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2006

I am a business traveller and often travel alone for overnight trips. Being a woman, safety is of utmost importance to me. Imagine my horror when after checking in, I opened my room to find someone already IN the room. The hotel staff had assigned me a room already assigned to someone else. How difficult would it be for someone to enter my room? Needless to say, I checked out as fast as I could. UNSAFE, VERY UNSAFE, is all I can think about.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zaara_D
Burbank, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2005

My family and I travel to Dearborn every few years to see my father. We've stayed in a number of places in the area from the Detroit Airport to Farmington Hills, and I'm always floored at how relatively expensive it is to stay here (why?)

We originally chose the TownePlace Suites as a lower-cost alternative to the Courtyard (which is fine, but runs about $20 more per night than this place). We found a perfectly acceptable spot with a kitchenette, super-handy with children and leftovers (including fridge, microwave, stove, cabinets, utensils, coffee maker, etc). This place used to have every-other-day maid service, but that seems to have changed to a more traditional style of service (good news).

The only drawback I can think of is that when a neighbor cooks something with intense flavors - you'll smell it too! But we keep coming back, and will probably continue to do so, esp given the price.

• Stayed July 2005