“Business Stay”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Dallas, Texas
“Business Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

First let me say, I am on an extended work assignment in Dearborn MI. I am 10 weeks into this assignment and have stayed at 4 hotels in the area. 1) Courtyard , 2) Towneplace, 3) Henry Ford (Autograph by Marriott) and 3) DoubleTree by Hilton. I have had varying experiences and will share these experiences on each hotels page. Background I am a Platinum Elite member and have stayed way over 400 nights in my history with Marriott's and 200 plus nights with Hilton brands. I travel weekly most times and also make several trips internationally every year. I am an Executive Platinum on American Airlines with way over a million miles, so I travel a lot...

Now for my review of Towneplace in Dearborn. I stayed here for 2 weeks. I can sum it up as the second worst, but it was not even close to the bad stay at Courtyard. This was a very clean hotel with good service. The staff was friendly and kind. My dislike was that there seemed to be a lot of families staying here; that were, well not of the business class. Several times I could smell cigarette smoke coming through the vents, even though this was a non-smoking hotel. Also, the noise was disturbing, loud noises in the hall, and the you could hear noise of people walking upstairs and between rooms.

If it wasn't for the noise, I probably would have stayed here as the room was very nice and the kitchen was nice. I am very sensitive to even the smallest noises, so if you don't mind that, it is a great place.

But remember it is definitely not a 5 star hotel...

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor, so you won't have the stomping feet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carl_Shea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stay at this hotel whenever I visit Dearborn (twice a year). The staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable. The gym is kind of small and the item at breakfast do not change.However, it is value for money. It is also quite close to all the Dearborn attractions like the Henry Ford musuem and the Greenfield village. Most importantly, it is in a safe location. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building if you intend to use the gym.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ManuluvsFord
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Perfect place to stay in Dearborn, everything is very close by! Hotel was very clean, there where two beds and a pull out couch. We also had a full kitchen and good sized bathroom. Would go back and stay again for sure. Washer and dryer also available.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank smnm
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I are staying two nights over Labor Day Weekend to check out the Henry Ford Museum. This hotel has everything I could ever need in a hotel plus more. Cute kitchen with stove and microwave, desk that pulls out to a "dining room table", and a large tub for soaking. The breakfast provided consists of cereal, fruit, yogurt, and oj, but since it was included with the priceline deal, I can't complain. We were able to bring our leftovers from dinner yesterday back with us to reheat for a late night meal, which is something you can't find too often in a hotel setting.

The people at the front desk are very attentive and enjoyable. The housekeeping staff is efficient with their work and kept our place tidy.

I could see that this would be a comfortable place to stay if you needed a long term second home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nickir18
Woodbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed on business here for two nights. Nice place, good location and easy parking and getting out onto Ford Road. Loads of shopping and restaurants near by. Nice friendly staff at desk and helpful. Breakfast was a bit disapointing compared to others of same caliber, only cereal and buns and a couple of choices of fruit and yogurt. Rooms spacious, nice comfy bed and full kitchen. Heating and A/c controled by electronic panel. Price was right compared to others around Dearborn. Also nice small outdoor pool if you are visiting in the summer. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot and not towards highway. Also have an elevator for 2nd and 3r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank trek4cs
Oxford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the second Townplace we used on this trip and as with the first it was very adequate for our two night stay. The room is spacious and the staff very helpful. Obiously most of the residents were a variety of trainees (at Ford) on short term stays. we were convenient to our main reason for the visit, The Henry Ford. The breakfast fare is minimal but adequate. We stayed on points so it worked out very well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dickpat
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked this hotel solely because it's listed as a true suite—with separate bedrooms and TVs—as well as for the decent, middle-of-the-road reviews for a Henry Ford/Greenfield Village/Tigers game weekend in Detroit (not wanting to stay IN Detroit.

We were able to check in early, and that was nice. The staff was friendly. I was a bit nervous after seeing the small and spartan lobby, however. But it was clean, so we proceeded. Our suite was an disability accessible room, so the shower had no tub and was a roll-in. This would have been fine for one night, but there was a fold-down seat in the shower and no place to put your shampoo, body wash, etc. And overall the bathroom was older/not updated. The single sink was very small and some of the trim was falling off. Again, noplace to stage your things while getting ready. We had a problem with the toilet and had to call twice to have someone from maintenance come and help us. Once they did, all was well and the young man was very apologetic and helpful. Their staff is very nice.

The rest of the room was okay; the kitchenette area was somewhat outdated, but everything was in working order and clean: a full-size frig was nice, sink, microwave, garbage disposal, dishes (which we washed before using), linens, flatware. The bedrooms were small—each having a dresser and a closet) but just fine and the beds were clean and comfortable; the "master" bedroom had a small desk w/chair. The main area, or living room, had a flat-screen TV and a pull-out bed plus chair and coffee tables, with plenty of room to move around and put your things.

The OUTDOOR pool is small but well-maintained and clean, with lots of chairs and tables surrounding. Its location right outside the office and next to the main parking lot was slightly odd and a bit unsettling for me, but my kids didn't seem to care.

The property seems to fringe on a questionable neighborhood. I'm not very familiar with Dearborn/Detroit, so I don't know if it was a good or bad location, it just seemed like we were a block or two away from blight. But attractions, restaurants and retail—as well as major highways—are very nearby and accessible.

Overall no problems and this hotel was clean and manageable for one night. I'm not sure I'd stay again, but have nothing really bad to say about it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family