First let me say, I am on an extended work assignment in Dearborn MI. I am 10 weeks into this assignment and have stayed at 4 hotels in the area. 1) Courtyard , 2) Towneplace, 3) Henry Ford (Autograph by Marriott) and 3) DoubleTree by Hilton. I have had varying experiences and will share these experiences on each hotels page. Background I am a Platinum Elite member and have stayed way over 400 nights in my history with Marriott's and 200 plus nights with Hilton brands. I travel weekly most times and also make several trips internationally every year. I am an Executive Platinum on American Airlines with way over a million miles, so I travel a lot...
Now for my review of Towneplace in Dearborn. I stayed here for 2 weeks. I can sum it up as the second worst, but it was not even close to the bad stay at Courtyard. This was a very clean hotel with good service. The staff was friendly and kind. My dislike was that there seemed to be a lot of families staying here; that were, well not of the business class. Several times I could smell cigarette smoke coming through the vents, even though this was a non-smoking hotel. Also, the noise was disturbing, loud noises in the hall, and the you could hear noise of people walking upstairs and between rooms.
If it wasn't for the noise, I probably would have stayed here as the room was very nice and the kitchen was nice. I am very sensitive to even the smallest noises, so if you don't mind that, it is a great place.
But remember it is definitely not a 5 star hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Suites provide you with all the comforts of home including fully equipped kitchen, work desk, free high speed internet and local calls. You'll be sure to get a good night's rest in our cozy Sleep Experience beds. This Marriott extended stay hotel offers an outdoor pool, patio & grill, laundry and fitness center. Now offering complimentary Continental Breakfast! It's easy to maintain your lifestyle at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dearborn, your home away from home. While in town, experience the Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village and Rouge Factory Tour or relax while shopping and dining. Enjoy all Detroit has to offer with great museums, live theater, Cobo Conference Center and more. Sports enthusiasts can catch a game at Comerica Park, Ford Field or Joe Louis Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Detroit Dearborn Hotel Dearborn
- Towneplace Suites Dearborn
- Dearborn Towneplace Suites