“Nice Hotel and Good Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
USA
“Nice Hotel and Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2007

We stayed at the Towneplace Suites Dearborn for 1 night. The reason we selected this hotel is its proximity to The Henry Ford plus the discounted tickets available at the hotel. We were delighted to see that the hotel rooms are as nice as they are shown on the website and are very clean. Kitchen was well equiped and there is a sofabed. The people at the front desk were very helpful with our inquiries. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those who want accomodation close tp The Henry Ford.

Stayed September 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

I travel 2-3 times a month on business and I have not had a more unpleasant hotel experience in my 20+ years of business travel.

I arrived with a late check-in. The night clerk was very vague as to the directions to my suite. Tired and laden with bags, I walked through 2 different buildings before finding my unit.

The unit itself was old, tired and the carpets were dirty. I kept my shoes on during my entire stay.

I requested extra pillows and did not receive them for an hour. The toilet did not flush. I requested service but no one came. I ended up opening the toilet and fixing the broken toilet chain myself.

The area around the hotel is under construction and is difficult to drive through.

Very poor experience.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rude and unhelpful staff.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank worldcut99
East Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

Looked for a secure place to stay while in the Detroit area. This place definately filled the bill. Access to the building required a keycard and there was a visible security guard on duty. LOVED the "noise policy" we were required to sign at check in. Having a quiet nights rest is always a concern. Unit had windows that opened another plus for us, assuring fresh air, a well equipped kitchenette, combo bedroom and living area. Nice unit. The downside was that there was a pot holder and half empty bottle of water obviously left by housekeeping on the bed when we arrived and the carpets in the hallway were FILTHY, the ones in our unit were not much better. On the whole I would recommend this place, pro's outweight the con's.

• Liked — Noise policy
  • Disliked — Not as clean as I would have liked
  • Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Giggy
Western Mass
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

Decent suites, but did not feel very welcomed at this property. No one was round either just indifferent. Found carpets old and dirty as well as dirty linens hidden in the closet. Bed was comfortable and slept well all night. Exercise room lacked free weights and it was small - on exercise machine (like a nautilus) and 2 treadmills and a bike. Free internet access was good. No free continental breakfast or other amenities. I think I can do better in the area for the money, so next time I will be looking at the Hilton properties in Dearborn or maybe the Marriott Residence Inn.

• Liked — location, comfortable suites
  • Disliked — cleanliness, indifferent staff attitude
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel so close to places I wanted to visit. It had quick freeway access to The Henry Ford, it was only 15 minutes from the airport, and better yet I manged to get to Downtown Detroit in under 15 minutes to enjoy pre-game cermonies, yet only to watch my team lose to the Tigers. The hotel itself needs a bit of renovation, but the staff inside made it all worth it. They were pleasant, helpful, and they anticipated my every question with a smile, in fact some of the best customer service that I have experienced in a long time. I only spent a 3 day weekend there, but I am sure that next time I may be interested in spending at least a week or two, since they had a full kitchen in my suite as well. Thank You to the staff for making the trip well worth it for my husband and I.

• Liked — Guest Service
  • Disliked — Older Hotel
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OntherunMama
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2007

I enjoyed my stay here. My husband and I wanted to get away for
one night without the kids. Great price...great space for the price. I thought the studio suite would be small but it was plenty of room for us to move around, spread out and relax. Everything was clean and well stocked. The check in counter is actually a desk and I like that you need to have an active key card to access the hall (and elevator) leading to your room. The only thing that was unpleasant was the non-smoking room was of course smoky. But I haven't been to a non-smoking room yet that wasn't. It was noticeable but not unbearable, and it did not negatively affect our stay. I would definitely come back with my husband or my whole family.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Smoky Smell in Room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

IT was rated 2 stars. But you would think that even with that rating that the floors of the hotel room would be vaccumed. I ended up wearing socks the entire time, because there were nut shells all over the floor. I didn't stay long enough to really warrant asking for a new room, but still. There were other signs of disrepair: carpet coming up and curtains that had been pulled off the rod some. The sad thing is, the place hasn't been open that long.
It does have a great location to shopping though.

• Liked — I got my choice of rooms
  • Disliked — it wasn't clean
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo