“Nice property”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Dearborn
“Nice property”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very well appointed. Very nice accommodations. It looks like the hotel is brand new which it might be. Lots of parking. Safer area. Many restaurants nearby. Close to Greenfield Village. Close to Ford headquarters.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Robert S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed July 20, 2014

While visiting in the Detroit area for a conference a colleague and I chose to stay at this location because the Conference Hotel/ The Henry Hotel was completely booked. We went on-line and read the reviews and was confident that we were was making a good choice. Well, we were wrong. The first issue arose when we arrived to check into the hotel. The front desk clerk gave us a master key to go "look at a room". Well, the room that we were instructed to go to was occupied. The traveler we barged in on was very upset as we barged into her room. After apologizing and being horribly embarrassed we went back down and explained the error. Against our better judgement we decided to stay. When we returned to the hotel at approximately 11:00 pm to retire, much to our dismay their was a party in the room next door. There was VERY LOUD music and and constant coming in and out of the room slamming the door. If that wasn't enough our air conditioning didn't work and the toilet was broken. The toilet was making noises so loud that it was impossible to sleep, in addition to the party next door. The night manager came to our room and was very apologetic. He repaired the toilet and proceeded to show us how to repair the toilet (Just in case the noise started again). Around 2 a.m. we called the front desk about the party and the solution offered to us was to have my colleagues and I move to another room (at 2:00 a.m. in the morning). Several times during the night my colleagues and I took turns going into he bathroom lifting the toilet lid sticking our hands into the tank and resetting the flushing device. This was disgusting and frustrating. During our check out we explained the situation to Patrick the front desk clerk. Patrick was the icing on the cake....he was rude, condescending and insulting. After my experience, I contacted the corporate office and made an official complaint. I received a reference number and was informed that I would get a call back in 7 days. Well, that was June 30th and to date, I have not heard back from anyone or received an apology. Never again will I stay at a Country Inn & Suites and I will tell my story to anyone who will listen.

6 Thank Denise M
Dave K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will use it to fine tune our operations here at the Country Inn & Suites. Furthermore, I would like to reach out and speak with you regarding your stay so that we may further discuss your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at 313-562-8900. Or you may email me at dave.kasior@countryinns.com.

Travelers are raving about these Dearborn hotels

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights while visiting the Henry Ford and a Tigers game. The hotel was well maintained and we received excellent service from the staff. Our top floor room was spacious with plenty of room for a family of four. The beds were very comfortable. Free breakfast was nice. Cereal, oatmeal, breakfast breads and Belgian waffles daily. Usually a couple of hot items like sausage or eggs. Several different areas to gather throughout the property. My only complaint is that I never got a hot cookie though they smelled good.

• Stayed July 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed July 3, 2014

the staff, Brad, Melissa, Steph, Eric and Suzette were very friendly and professional, they went out of their way to help me and my staff when we were there for a week. They worked with us when we had a few problems come up...they were awesome!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Missionary_Don_2000
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have been a frequent to this hotel this year. There have been numerous cases of mismanagement, which I have overlooked for the good value I was getting. This week, however, I checked my credit card transactions and noticed two charges from this hotel for the last few days. I only stayed once over the last couple of weeks. I went in to check on the situation; they said I stayed two nights, 17th and 18th, and hence the two charges. I said I only stayed the night of 17th, and they said they had my signature and suggested I should dispute with my credit card. This hit me as strange; after all I am a frequent and there should be a level of trust. I asked to see the signatures. They pulled the papers and showed me two papers with my signatures for two different rooms, both carrying my signature and initials, one in ink and one copied, and both looking identical except for the date block. Also, despite being consecutive nights, there were two bills and they were for two different rooms. I pointed out that the two signatures and initials are identical, and the manager Dave and the clerk made an excuse of bad eye-sight.

Now this is no longer mismanagement; it is fraud. I have since called my credit card company and started a dispute, cancelled my credit card and ordered a replacement, and informed the Comfort Inn head-quarters to launch an investigation. I check my credit card statement with rigor, not sure everyone else does. I feel for anyone who has endured a loss without knowing.

If you are contemplating this location, stay away. If you have ever stayed here, cancel your credit card and get a new one.

In the interest of public, I contemplate pressing criminal charges and engaging the media.

4 Thank MoFreqTraveller
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please reach out to any of our employees directly.
Bartlett
Reviewed June 23, 2014

While traveling in the Detroit area I stayed at this Country Inn & Suites. I have stayed at multiple Country Inn & Suites before as I am a Club Carlson member. I have also stayed at this facility once prior.

The disappointment started with breakfast; no eggs. How do you do breakfast with no eggs. Instead, I was treated to biscuits and sausage gravy.

I left for my meetings during the day and cam back to a room that was not made up. I was able to get the rectified within 30 minutes, but I shouldn't have to.

Next morning, breakfast was not ready at 6:00 AM. I complained at the front desk and was told, "Oh, she's probably just late." My response was, "There are people here that need to catch flights."

When breakfast finally came out, I finished and went to throw out my garbage. The receptacle was full and there was food on the floor from the day before. I went to use the garbage can in the lobby and found the same thing.

This place is terribly mismanaged.

My room itself was fairly comfortable.

Room Tip: As for a room on the top floor. It will be much quieter.
1 Thank BartlettDan
GTA, Ontario
Reviewed June 17, 2014

In short, I liked this hotel, I would stay here again, but keep in mind, the walls are thin!

The long version....

Other hotels I've been to in the area:
Adoba Hotel (formerly Hyatt Regency) (3.5 star)
Henry Autograph Collection (4 star)
Hilton Garden Inn (3 star)

This Country Inn was a 2.5 star.

I mostly used to stay at the Hyatt Regency before it became Adoba. It's still one of my favorites in the area, however, customer service is not as good as it used to be when it was a Hyatt.

I wanted to try other hotels so last time I stayed at the Henry Autograph Collection. That did not feel like a 4 star, and was my least favorite of the above.

The Hilton Garden Inn was a really nice, clean family hotel, but a little farther from the places we go (mostly near Warren and Schaeffer)

Now on to the Country Inn. Although this was a 2.5 star hotel, I really liked it. I liked it more than the dated Henry Autograph, it was comparable to the Hilton Garden Inn, and a nice change from the Adoba.

It includes parking, wifi, and breakfast. They also almost always have fresh baked cookies and coffee near the reception. The staff is very friendly and helpful. One day I missed breakfast, but one of the staff offered to get me some stuff that she still hadn't put away yet. The rooms are pretty spacious, clean and don't look dated. I think it is a fairly new hotel or was recently renovated. Breakfast is nothing outstanding, but not bad for free breakfast (some toast, bagels, waffle machines, cereal, and ham is pretty much the whole selection). I was happy with the waffles and didn't usually wake up early enough for breakfast anyway. The rooms are probably suitable for families, however, this brings me to my 1 complaint and warning if travelling with kids....

The walls are very thin!!! You can hear everything from the next room, as if they were right in there with you! Fortunately, I was travelling with just my wife this time (kids were with Grandma). The room next to us, was getting busy all night, and all morning long, and we could here almost everything a little too clearly. Soon, the bed in the room above us was shaking too. Since it was just my wife and I, we had a laugh about it. We were travelling with friends in 2 other rooms, and they didn't have the experience we had (their neighboring rooms were quieter people who went to sleep early). If I had the kids with me, I would have asked to be moved to another room.

When I checked out, I was asked how my stay was. I told them it was good, but the walls are very thin. She said "they get that a lot".

So, bottom line...

Would I stay here again? Yes. Why? Because the rooms were nice, service was good, and price was right. I would just be concerned about my neighboring rooms, especially if I had my kids with me. Since my friends didn't have the same experience in their rooms, I would expect, it won't always be as it was this time. If you get loud neighbors, just let the front desk know and they'll probably move you or ask them to be quiet.

Average prices for all the above hotel are between $120 - $180 per night.
Average prices I pay using Priceline "name your price" $60 - $95 per night