“Delicious lunch”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Busy lunch service on a Friday, but staff is so efficient we were seated right away. Tabbouleh was so fresh, and I always enjoy a good falafel - these did not disappoint. Eating companion made a smart move in choosing lamb shish kabob entree - my bite of it was tender, just perfectly done. Came with a side of hummous which was also delicious (not rambunctiously over garlicked as many restaurants do), as well as fresh bread. Ohhh, and do try a beverage choice of juices or smoothies. Yum!

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

If you want great Arab food like your grandma made come to Al Ameer. You will not be disappointed. We had Moe for a server. He is very good, our glasses never got half empty. He deliver more bread, before we could ask.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Having had great luck with prior Trip Advisor restaurant recommendations, I decided to give this restaurant a try. It was a hugely disappointing experience for me and was made worse by the fact that my husband and I brought another couple with us who had no prior exposure to Middle Eastern food. There are many, many far better Middle Eastern restaurants in Dearborn and the surrounding areas (Canton, Livonia) than what we experienced at this place. The shwarma was so dry (both the lamb shwarma, as well as the chicken shwarma) and season-less that it was like "eating cotton". In fact, it was hard to discern the dried "brown meat" was lamb because it was so tough and stringy. The restaurant itself did not appear to be particularly clean. The waiter was pleasant, but not attentive and we had to repeatedly flag him over when our water glasses were empty and when condiments were not provided. Again, with so many other GREAT Middle Eastern restaurants in the area, I am shocked that this one is rated so highly!! This restaurant is also located in a run down area of East Dearborn. I would certainly not go there, unescorted, after dark!!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This restaurant was recommended as the best middle eastern restaurant by a local. I was attending a conference in Dearborn and was new to the city but Al Ameer was easy to find. My friend and I were seated immediately and our server was there almost as quickly to take our orders. The baba Ganouj with little pitas was wonderful. I ordered marinated chicken kabobs and humus with a tabouli side salad -- lots of parsley, I like it with more lemon. My friend had a marinated chicken salad. No desert for these weight watchers. There was lots on the menu I'd like to try So, I'll be back when I take family to Greenfield Village.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We celebrated my sister's graduation with family and friends. Nice food, but the waitresses were not friendly. They serve a delicious variety of lebanese food, but they are in a bad mood.

1  Thank emeyg