“A great experience”
Review of The Henry Ford

The Henry Ford
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Dearborn
More attraction details
Owner description: Trace the history of the auto and our fascination with it along with other American inventions through the staggering collection of Henry Fords estate, which includes such memorabilia as the chair Abraham Lincoln sat in when he was assassinated and the limo in which John F. Kennedy was shot.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Beautifully laid out. Easy to get around. Impressive displays. Informative. The museum provides a pleasurable window to America's industrial beginnings. A joy!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,670)
All reviews
in 82 reviews
"michigan cafe"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

My family (girls 16 and 12 and husband and I) thought this was an excellent decision to make part of our Michigan vacation. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. The place is huge and so much to see.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We planned on spending a couple of hours and wound up staying for two days (one day at the Henry Ford and another at Greenfield Village). The collections are on par with what you would find at the Smithsonian although it isn't as deep. Make a point to visit the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village when in the area. A lot of fun.

1  Thank Road-Maven
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I travel to Michigan on vacation and made our plans around visiting the Ford museum. I checked the website to ensure that the factory tour was open and booked our tickets. When I arrived to exchange the vouchers (mind you I was there 5 minutes before it opened) I was told that the factory tour was closed that day. I explained of my travels and the website did not state this. I was told that they just found out that morning that some company purchased the entire day. A company does not reserve the entire tour without any type of notice. The ticket counter person had a care less attitude and this really upset our group for the entire day. We ended up having to do the Greenfield Village and Museum instead. The village was a big waste of time and worthless, I wouldn't even go to it if it was free. The museum wasn't too bad and interesting but nothing that just jumped out at you. I've been to better. They really need to think of their customers on these tours when they do this but I am starting to think Ford has gotten too big and profitable again that they are losing focus who their customers are....
I will not be back nor can recommend this attraction.

1  Thank RDFTS