“Always stopping by”
Review of The Henry Ford

The Henry Ford
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Dearborn
More attraction details
Owner description: Trace the history of the auto and our fascination with it along with other American inventions through the staggering collection of Henry Fords estate, which includes such memorabilia as the chair Abraham Lincoln sat in when he was assassinated and the limo in which John F. Kennedy was shot.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 2, 2013

for over 40 years we have made this the place to go when we wanted an outing. The collections are unique, the new automobile display very well done, the diner now serves food, and it is a terrific way to do something when the weather is nasty. .. which, in Michigan, is most of the time.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have taken our kids to alot of museums, and I would have to say that The Henry Ford Museum was one of the best. We attended during a short getaway with family during the holidays. The museum itself is huge and very spacious. Plenty of room to move around. I was surprised at how big it was. I have to admit they had alot more then I thought. In my mind I was thinking it would be mostly automobile pieces since it's The Henry Ford. Wow was I surprised. There was so much to see. Everything from old tractors and combines to doll houses to airplanes and trains and much more. There was also so many history things to see. My wife loved the Rosa Parks bus as she is a 5th grade teacher. We got everyone's picture in the actual seat Rosa Parks sat in. Some of the other notable pieces were the chair Lincoln was sitting in when he got shot, an actual bed of George Washington that he used during the war, and the Presidential car Kennedy was in when he got shot. Those were just a few of the things. My 2 1/2 year old loved the room with the trains. Actual huge train locomotives and cars all in one room. He would have stayed there all day. There were staff members from the museum all over and easy to find and they were all very helpful. We also had my 9 year old daughter and she had a great time. We were at the museum close to 5 hours and could have stayed much longer if it wasn't "nap time" for a certain 2 1/2 year old. The museum has many, many things to see and do. I would definitely go back if in the area again. The museum is easy to find and there is plenty of parking close by. We did not take in any of the movies at the OmniMax theatre just because of time constraints. There is also a coat rack just inside the door that was available for use at no charge which made it very nice not having to carry coats around. I would definitely recommend this museum to anybody with kids. It was one of the more enjoyable days we've had. I would rate this museum a 10 out of 10.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is all of your junior high and high school history right in front of your eyes (and not in your textbook). A memorable place to take the whole family.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Wow! This place is HUGE! We were there for nearly 5hrs but could have easily stayed for 8 hours or more. The staff was everywhere & really friendly & helpful. I loved that they had coat racks to use for no additional cost. Easy parking and easy to get to.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Simply the best museum I've ever been to. Each time I go I find something new and wonderful. The breadth of the collecting is just amazing and it's amazing how the simple amassing even everyday objects adds to their power. They have amazing pieces of American History that you would imagine are in the Smithsonian (I won't ruin it for you), that you just have to see to believe. The new car exhibit is both interactive and enthralling. I'll make a special trip from Chicago again just to go there.

Don't forget to pick up some Moldaramas!

1  Thank mja1982