“Power outage refuge”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davison
Columbiaville, Michigan, United States
“Power outage refuge”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were treated very well at this hotel when we had a power outage! Even though the hotel had no heat for a few hours while we stayed there, they gave us a good discount. They called us when the heat was expected back on, to let us know that it would be back on in half hour. We were also allowed to use the microwave oven in the breakfast area to warm up food we had brought with us. Overall this is a great hotel to stay at. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The hotel is also located close to the I-69 Highway, but one hardly hears the traffic because the rooms are sound-proof.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hello worldtravelerP,
Thank you for your great review. We are glad you stayed with us even though our power was limited during your stay. We hoped that you were as comfortable as possible. We enjoyed your visit, come back and see us when you can.

Cathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fairview, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel for many years when visiting relatives in the Davison area. They recently changed from being a Comfort Inn to being a Best Western and the many changes are a significant improvement, especially the nicer room furnishings.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello Dennis F.
We are glad you like our improvements. We are very excited to be a Best Western, and are striving very hard to make sure our guest enjoy all the things Best Western has to offer.

Coopersburg, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Easy access to freeway, dining, shopping, and part of a smaller suburban community. Close proximity to Frankenmuth, Flint, Grand Blanc, and Detroit attractions. Staff is friendly, helpful, and professional.

Hi Phyllis S,
We appreciate your great review, thank you for letting everyone know how close we are to all the great things their are to see and do in the area. We hope to see you back very soon.

KITCHENER
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would be staying in the area. The breakfast area was exceptional as was the food. Highly recommend a suite for a relaxing time. Staff go above and beyond when asked for anything or about anything. Plan on going back to this hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Trip Member,
Thank you for the great review. We like to hear our guests had a great stay. It shows were on the right path to make sure our guest get the quality and service they deserve. Looking forward to your return visit.

Birmingham, Michigan, Usa
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was driving to northern Michigan, when my car broke down...I was stuck in Davidson Michigan and thinking: "What kind of hotel do they have here in this little town?" Well, as soon as I got to the front desk, I knew this was not a little "mom and pop" hotel. The desk desk was incredible! They not only got me a room quickly, they offered a great deal of help getting my car repaired. The assistant manager even went so far as to drive me up to the dealer and waited there for me. I offered him some money to say thank you, but he refused, saying "This is all part of my job!" I will be eternally grateful to him.
Then I got into my room and my jaw almost hit the floor! Seriously? This hotel is in Davidson, Michigan? Are you kidding me? I must be honest, I have stayed in hotels all over the world and this room compares to any 4-5 star room that I have ever stayed in!
The room was just about perfect. Newly remodeled, very clean, comfortable, modern..I mean gorgeous! Perfect..I don't think I can say anything bad at all about it.
In the morning, the breakfast was just just what you would expect for "free breakfast buffet", but just one step nicer. They had fresh fruit and really excellent coffee.
So, my car ended up taking another day to be fixed, but I didn't mind at all staying at this hotel. In fact, I really didn't want to leave.
I told my wife about this place and we ended up coming back for a romantic weekend a month later.
I just wanted to write this review to not only tell people how amazing this hotel was, but I also wanted to again thank the staff for being so friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for the newly remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jshaya,
What a pleasure it was to have you stay at the hotel. It did not seem as things were going your way, I am glad we could help you get back on track. Thank you for all the nice things you said about the staff and the hotel. We strive to make sure our guest have what they need to enjoy their stay. I am glad we could help and thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you soon.

Springfield
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice, newly remodelled room. As usual, the sheets didn't seem to fit the king bed. We've found that at many hotels. The top sheet was too short so we had to scoot down the bed making the point of having a king bed irrelevant. There was no extra blanket in the room. These are minor comments - I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Hello Mr. Tony B,
Thank you for being a guest at our hotel. We appreciate your business. I will look into the matter of the sheets not fitting the bed properly. We like feed back from our guest. Thank you for the recommendation. Hope to see you soon

Thanks again
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel was very clean, price was good and staff was very friendly. We stayed here to do shopping in Frankenmuth and Birch Run it was approximately a 30 minute drive. Steak house next door was great and very inexpensive. Beds were very comfortable, I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi Matthew G,
Thanks for letting us know we are succeeding in the areas we want all of our guest to experience when they stay with us. We hope you come visit us again when your in the area.

Cathy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davison
Best Western Lapeer Inn
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Best Western Davison Inn? Share your experiences!