All reviews the breakfast area outdoor pool room was clean cleaning staff working order within walking distance great place to stay waffles biscuits and gravy free breakfast hot breakfast convenient location excellent stay parking lot michigan flint expressway
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My hotel stay at the Best Western in Davison was overall average but overshadowed by the inappropriate actions and comments of a rude staff member (that should never be encountered in the "hospitality" industry) working on the morning of 06/09/13.

The hotel itself is rather average and comes with a complementary breakfast bar. The breakfast bar is very average and staff members will rudely take it down and yell at patrons trying to eat when close to the deadline. The hotel does not have elevators, or if it does, I never discovered them. A nice perk of the hotel was that they offered free WIFI throughout the hotel. I stayed in a standard twin bed room, which had a nice large Samsung flat screen tv, useful desk, and reading chair. I knew others staying at the hotel and was able to view the standard room with a king bed and also the suite with a hot tube, which are larger and more spacious than the standard with two twin beds. The time with which the hotel staff came to turn down the rooms was a rather odd time (8:50am) being that many guests could be awoken. Overall the rooms were rather standard with some features such as the tv which made them feel more modern.

However, I would say my main memory of this hotel will be overshadowed by an insensitive and rude staff member named Tammy. On the final morning of my stay I witnessed this staff member's rudeness or general disregard for service to the guests of the hotel. I am one to understand that everyone has bad days, and perhaps this staff member could have been tired from working a double shift or a numerous amount of excuses however, a hotel staff member within the hospitality industry should never act in the way that this member did.

I witnessed one of the hotel guests arrive to the breakfast area as the staff member was taking down some of the food item. The guest asked if they could still eat some of the food, and the staff member responded flippantly "well hurry up, I wanna take this down and get out of here". This was not said in a general way that a staff member says to a patron, but was said so informally, in the same fashion a parent would outburst to a young child. After telling the guest this, the staff member locked the mini fridge which held most of cold breakfast items (yogurt, butter, hard boiled eggs) etc. to which the guest then asked, "what would be the likelihood that I could get in the fridge to retrieve a yogurt, for just a second?" The staff member ignored the patron and walked away. The patron asked again, if she would open the fridge, at the same time I had walked over as I required butter for my breakfast (for which I had arrived before the breakfast end time), and realized they were all locked in the mini-fridge.

I asked the staff member if I could get in the fridge thinking it would be no issue (as it should not have been), and she rudely said to me, "I've already locked it, breakfast time is over!". The other patron who was standing hoping to get a yogurt, was in dismay seeing the staff member's reaction to me, and instinctively said out loud "Are you serious? I can't believe this". Where the staff member then could have alleviated the problem by opening the fridge or saying, "I'm sorry", she instead threw her arms in the arm and said, "I already locked it all up, you should have gotten here earlier, I want to get it put away to get out of here".

I was shocked by this, and privately said to this other patron, "I'll have to write about this in my review". The staff member, Tammy, must have over heard and outlandishly said, "Fine! Write it up in your review, go ahead!". I can honestly say that I was shocked by these audacious comments . After being rude enough to act in the way she did to patrons asking to simply unlock a mini-fridge for a minute, if I was to realize a patron was now going to write about the incident in a review, I would not have proudly and snidely remarked at them to "do it".

It is because of insensitive rude staff such as Tammy, that I give this hotel a poor rating. Do yourself a favor, don't stop in Davison to rest. Take the extra few minutes and drive to Lapeer and stay at a Holiday Inn or Best Western there.

Room Tip: King size standard and suites are bigger and more spacious. The king size standard room had a his and hers in the bathroom where as the twin bedroom only had one sink.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Richard C
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Hello Richard C.

Please except our apology for the bad experience at our hotel. We strive for excellence in customer service, clearly we failed that day. For over 20 yrs we have maintained a standard of great guest services, we take this very seriously. Our staff has and will work harder in trying to keep up to the Best Western standard in which our guest expect. Please consider coming back and trying the spacious king room you had mentioned. The room you stayed in with 2 queen beds perhaps was more than you needed. We book our rooms according to our guest request and availability. I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us where we can improve our guest services. Once again, we are truly sorry for your unacceptable treatment.

Cathy

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed there for one night on the way to Canada (~80 USD). Lobby and room was very nice, quite modern and clean. Breakfast was included and very nice and good. Staff really friendly. We really had a a nice stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hello Sundreamer 90,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how were doing. We enjoy having you as our guests. Come back and see us soon.

Cathy

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me and my family stayed at the Davison INN and we felt very welcomed to the small town of Davison. The staff was very nice and personable. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The free breakfast was good, the internet worked. I needed a crib for my daughter and they were busy but, Lisa the housekeeper brought me a crib right away. Like I said just a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello SamanthaS2012
Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. We love to hear from our guests. I hope you come back to Davison and stay with us again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

What can't I say about this hotel. The place is perfect in all aspects. My wife and I have been going to Michigan for the last 20 years and staying at the Comfort Inn/Davidson Inn for the last 18 years.
We love everything about this beautiful hotel. From the staff to the rooms to the outside grounds. We have to say a special thank you to Mary and Frank on the front desk and also to Rick that maintains the hotel grounds. Coming to stay here is like home. Already have my next trip booked in May and can't wait to see everyone again. Davidson Inn feels a lot like staying in my home country of Canada, everyone is so friendly and helpful. So I say once again Thank You from
Peter and Nancy :)

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hello 594 Peter A Brantford,
We appreciate your positive compliments and are pleased to have you come stay with us here in Davison. We take pride when guests like yourselves feel at home during your stay. Looking forward to seeing you in May!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The thing that sticks in my mind most about this place is how many cleaning people we always see here during our stay. They always working - scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping - but never seem to get in our way. The place looks clean and smells clean, not like fake carpet deodorizer clean but a real clean that can't be faked! The food is good, as far as free continental breakfasts go. There's a Luckys Steakhouse, Applebys, and many other amenities within walking distance. Someone told me there's an exercise room too but I didn't get a chance to check it out; I went to a little yoga studio about 4 miles away on Irish road instead (but that's another review).

• Stayed: March 2013
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We strive to make our guest feel comfortable and make sure your surroundings are clean and quiet. Come back and see us soon.