“Perfect place to stay”

Best Western Davison Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davison
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What can't I say about this hotel. The place is perfect in all aspects. My wife and I have been going to Michigan for the last 20 years and staying at the Comfort Inn/Davidson Inn for the last 18 years.
We love everything about this beautiful hotel. From the staff to the rooms to the outside grounds. We have to say a special thank you to Mary and Frank on the front desk and also to Rick that maintains the hotel grounds. Coming to stay here is like home. Already have my next trip booked in May and can't wait to see everyone again. Davidson Inn feels a lot like staying in my home country of Canada, everyone is so friendly and helpful. So I say once again Thank You from
Peter and Nancy :)

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hello 594 Peter A Brantford,
We appreciate your positive compliments and are pleased to have you come stay with us here in Davison. We take pride when guests like yourselves feel at home during your stay. Looking forward to seeing you in May!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The thing that sticks in my mind most about this place is how many cleaning people we always see here during our stay. They always working - scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping - but never seem to get in our way. The place looks clean and smells clean, not like fake carpet deodorizer clean but a real clean that can't be faked! The food is good, as far as free continental breakfasts go. There's a Luckys Steakhouse, Applebys, and many other amenities within walking distance. Someone told me there's an exercise room too but I didn't get a chance to check it out; I went to a little yoga studio about 4 miles away on Irish road instead (but that's another review).

• Stayed: March 2013
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We strive to make our guest feel comfortable and make sure your surroundings are clean and quiet. Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed while in town for a funeral. It's clean, quiet, and close to restaurants and shops. Got a good night's sleep and took advantage of the free breakfast in the lobby. Thank goodness the only option in Davison is a good one!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank read1623
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hello "read1623",

Thank you for the nice review, I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

If you are looking for an "okay room" and are on a budget, then this hotel will do. not surprised by the rate we got, it was a great rate as we had multiple families staying at one time. The lobby and breakfast area was nice and updated. The continental breakfast was very good. Not the place to go if you want super room - they were clean but outdated & the bathroom was small, but again for the price it wasn't bad. We booked by calling direct and seeing how good they do on their price - you might be better that route as opposed to booking through 2nd or third party internet sites which of course would be less lucrative for the hotel. There was not an inside pool - and even though it was winter it wasn't a problem for us and our 3 kids under 6 as we basically crashed there and were gone during the day.

Room Tip: Did not notice an elevator on the wing we were at so if you have a lot of luggage or handicapped - g...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt D
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Hello "Matt D",

Thank you for the nice (and informative) review!

I am assuming by the comment about the 'outdated room' you stayed in one of our older rooms. I am happy to say that all of our rooms are either currently under renovation or are COMPLETELY RENOVATED, so we no longer have any 'outdated rooms'.

We do not currently have an Elevator ... so I want to thank you for bringing that to everyones attention. If booking, you should definately request a Ground Floor room if your needs require it. I am also happy to say, we have current plans of installing an Elevator very soon!

I also agree (and am glad you suggested) "Calling the Hotel DIRECT"! If you are planning to stay in a very large city, 3rd party bookings will save you money. However in smaller towns and smaller hotels, you don't always get the best deal. The 3rd party sites will also stick you in any room available, regardless of your requests, just to book the room. In hotels of a smaller size, we only have some many of certain types and getting what we have left without being told by them sometimes ends in an unhappy stay. If you have special requests, definately call direct!

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great location; easy access off the highway. Located by many restaurant chains. Rooms looked freshly updated. Not a thing was out of place, dirty, dusty or in disrepair. The free breakfast in the morning was quite good. Beds were comfortable and the only thing I missed was my own pillow from home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hello "tsmforfuninnthesun",

Thank you for the wonderful review! You are correct, we have recently renovated all of our rooms ... and are currently finishing up the last section of the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stay at Davison Comfort Inn every time we are in town, which is once or twice every year. It is always clean and comfortable. They are a good breakfast and everyone is very friendly. The location is easy to get to. Only thing is, they just remodeled, and I'm sorry to say, whoever did the designing needs to go back to school. It is ugly!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tonya W

Hello "BWANDFRIENDS",

I am glad to hear you are a repeat guest of ours and you always enjoy your stay! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Gave it a second try. If you noticed my eval before, I followed the hotel manager recommendations and still had to stay in getto rooms. I made the reservation a YEAR ahead and when I specified a request to have the west wing they said it shouldn't be a problem. WELL IT WAS. They STUCK ME IN THE GETTO SIDE AND THEY DID NOT ADVISE ME OF THIS WHEN I CAME IN. I'm telling you. BEWARE!!!! You are gambling if you make the reservation, even a year in advance. 30% chance you will get the getto. Worn out side. Why dosen't the management anti-up and finish the reservation. I suggest you drive down the road 10 min or less in either direction and be assured a good room and any of their competitors

• Stayed: November 2012

Hello "Surgeon Mike",

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here, not only once, but twice. I wish I had been aware of your situation when you returned a second time to avoid a reoccurance.

I am happy to give you an update on our hotel: As of December 7, 2012 ... we are in the very last phase of our renovations. Currently, we have our last hallway (out of 4) completely shut down and is being renovated. SO NOW ALL ROOMS ARE RENOVATED! (Or are closed down and being finished, so either way there are no more old rooms, and no more, as you said, 'ghetto side'!)

I do hope you will give us one more try. If you stay in our new rooms, I am sure you will enjoy your stay!

Travis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davison
Best Western Lapeer Inn
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Davison Inn? Share your experiences!