Best Western Davison Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davison
Reviewed September 23, 2011

After having issues with lodging in the Flint area, I decided to give this hotel a whirl. I'm glad I did! It was clean, and it looks like it's been updated recently. The parking lot was even getting resurfaced while I was there. The t.v. was huge! It made watching Monday Night Football more fun! There was also a nice selection of channels. Despite being just off of the highway, it was pretty quiet. The rooms were large and the bathroom had a shower with nice water pressure. Also, the bathroom actually had a vent that worked, and not one of those air circulation pieces of crap that doesn't do anthing. There are a few eating places nearby (nothing four star, but it'll do.) The breakfast was just middle of the road. A nearby traffic light made getting in and out easy. The only knock is that the staff didn't seemed overly outgoing while I was there, but they weren't rude by any means. All and all, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: From what I saw, they all seemed good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelbobKalamazoo
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you so much for the complimentary review! I have been hearing great things from our guests about the Newly Renovated rooms, all with the 42’ TV’s. We look forward to this winter as we plan to continue some of our renovations and finish the rest of the rooms soon. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Comfortable, clean motel. Great one night stay. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you so much for the compliments and nice review! I am always pleased to hear when one of our Guests has enjoyed their stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family came in from out of town and they really loved their stay here. They are worldwide travelers and only stay in clean very well maintained hotels. They love the decor and friendliness of the staff here. They will definitly be back! : )

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Katie197522,

Thank you so much for the compliments and wonderful review! (again!) I am so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!

Travis
Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Double queen room very outdated and stinky. Room smells like musty mold and smoke. Carpet stained, has burn holes and there is actually a square cut out and glued back. The bed box springs are coming apart. You can actually see stuffing falling out of the side of the bed. The list goes on!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you for commenting on your stay. I am sorry your stay with us did not live up to your expectations.

Whenever anyone makes a reservation or walks in to get a room, we are always very clear about the types of rooms we have available and what rooms we are offering to you.

The Hotel is currently at a point where half of our rooms are recently renovated and the other half are not. Some of these rooms that are Not Renovated were Previously Smoking rooms until the law was passed not allowing smoking in public buildings. We are always very upfront about this. Some of our guests choose to stay in these rooms due to the Price being Less than our newly renovated rooms. They have been happy with their stays because they were informed about the room in the beginning and it saves them money for their stay.

I always suggest to everyone (whether staying here with us or at any hotel): If you are unhappy with your room, please let the Front Desk know right away. This gives them the opportunity to make it right by offering you another room or possibly give other options to resolve your dissatisfaction.

I hope you will stay with us again. May I suggest you try one of our Newly Renovated rooms during your next stay? I think you will be pleasantly surprised how nice they are.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I wouldn't recommend making reservations for this place. They don't cancel reservations when asked to and now I'm stuck with a $700.00+ bill they say I owe them. I called the end of March to cancel my reservations for 8 rooms and the girl that answered was extremely busy and said she would call me right back and do the cancellation with me. But she never did, so I assumed (which was wrong of me) she did cancel it! Now they say I'm responsible for this bill! Because I don't have a cancellation number. This is absurd, it's not my fault they hire incompetent employees that don't follow through when their supposed too. I will tell everyone I know NOT to ever stay at Comfort Inn in Davison and plan on making sure it gets put on facebook and anywhere else I can put it.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, period!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2011

To KLZ_51,

Thank you for your comments. As it was explained to you, we do not show any record of your reservations for the 9 rooms being canceled. Anytime a reservation is canceled, a cancelation number is always given. Without those numbers, or even a specific date / time that you called, or name of whom you spoke with, there is no documentation that you did cancel.

Since the rooms were still reserved and guaranteed with a Credit Card, the rooms were held for you. When no one shows to check into those rooms, you are charged for them as a "Guaranteed - No Show", as we did hold them for you and could not sell them to anyone else. Being that it was a sold out night for us, we could have sold those rooms many times over if they had in fact been canceled, which prevents me from being able to make any adjustments to your bill.

I feel my staff did everything they could to help prevent this situation. We never call future guests, however with this amount of rooms, we did decide to break our rule and give you a ‘courtesy phone call’ to the number you provided, on the day prior to your arrival date and again on the date of arrival to reconfirm you would need these rooms.

I am sorry this situation occurred and find it unfortunate that you felt the need to post this comment. As I have said before, if you find documentation proving your cancelation, please forward it to us for review.

Travis
Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Mixed review this time.

A year ago I gave the Comfort Inn in Davison, MI a good review.

Yes, this is a budget hotel and expectations should be set accordingly.

But here is what I found this time:

There is some renovation ongoing and the halls/stairways were being re-painted and the bare drywall was exposed with the visible “taping mud”. The joints had been sanded and the dust was left in place on the floor for my entire stay – 4+ days, I only saw a worker one time in 4 – 5 days I was there, and he was staining the hand rails. But the heavy dust was still on the floors. This caused me to have my allergies kick up and I had sinus problems the entire stay. Once I returned home all was well again. Also, this time, my comforter on my bed had cigarette burn holes it in on the underside. I folded it back each morning so the maid could see it. But it was never replaced. I did this on purpose just to get an idea of their attention to detail. FAIL! The burn holes were obvious, as they were dark brown/black holes, on a white background. Note to hotel manager: Have your maids check this in all your rooms. It really gave a bad impression. The TV was the old style and small.

On the good side, the bathroom towels in my room were some of the nicest and softest I’ve had at any hotel, independent of the class of hotel. Now, I may have been lucky and got brand new towels, or they just upgraded to new towels, but they were very nice.

I’m up in the air if I’d stay there again, but I’d definitely ask if the renovation was done before booking.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SoCal_Worldtraveller

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry your stay this time was not as good as your last.

I am happy to report that all of the Hallway / Common area Renovations will be completed by the end of this month (July 2011)! Once these have been finished, we will be continuing renovations in the 2nd half of our Guest Rooms, however we will be doing them a few rooms at a time, so this should not effect anyone's stay with us.

To respond to your comments about the Comforters: As rooms have been renovated, we are changing everything from the Carpet to Ceiling and this includes Comforters. The un-renovated rooms do have the other Comforters, but the order has been placed and we will be changing them all very soon.

I hope you will stay with us again. On your next stay, may I suggest (for just a few dollars more) to try one of our 2 queen Renovated rooms? Everything is new and I believe you will enjoy them much more.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I had the option of staying in Frankenmuth, Birch Run or Davison for a recent trip to that area. In the past I've stayed in either Frankenmuth or Birch Run, but I was shocked at the prices for this time of year at the hotels in those two locations. So a relative suggested Davison. The price was 1/2 of what I would have paid in the other locations, YES, half.

The room was a previously "Smoking allowed" room and I was warned that it might still have a slight "smoky" smell. It was very minor and did not in the least change my mind.

Good place and a very reasonable price.

One minor complaint (and this is good for most hotels) why is the pre-set volume on the TV, when you first turn it on, SO high? Never know why they set it so high.

The restuarant next door - Lucky's Steakhouse is a must visit. The food was very good, large portions and reasonable priced. We ate there twice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SoCal_Worldtraveller

Thank you for the nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have quite a few people stay with us just for the same reason you did. We are located about 30 minutes from Frankenmuth/Birch Run area and we do have several people prefer to make the short drive to avoid the higher priced Hotels.

We are currently half way renovated and will be picking that up again shortly. The room you stayed in of course has not been done yet, and so we offer an even better rate on those rooms. We are always very careful to be as descriptive as possible so you will know what type of room you are booking and will have no surprises when you arrive, whether you choose an un-renovated room for the lesser price, or decide to pay just a few more dollars for a newly renovated room.

We look forward to your staying with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davison
Best Western Lapeer Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Best Western Davison Inn? Share your experiences!