“Possibly the best Chinese food in the county”

Chee Kong Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 46 Restaurants in Davison
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Flint, mi
“Possibly the best Chinese food in the county”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at a lot of Chinese food places all over Genesee county and the Flint area. This place has the best "Shrimp in Lobster Sauce" entree that I've eaten ANYWHERE in at least the last five years. The dinner portion is just right for being satisfied without having any remaining for leftovers. This dish is served "brown sauce style". The white rice was prepared well and was sticky enough to eat with chopsticks (you will have to ask for chopsticks, you first receive only a fork and knife). The complimentary Chinese hot tea is very good here. This place is located in a strip mall just North of the big Salvation Army outlet store. The interior has two distractiing TVs mounted at the ceiling. I'd rate this place slightly higher than Empress of China in Flint for the food, but a bit lower for ambience. If the food is the most important priority... go here.

• Visited July 2013

Petoskey, Michigan
“Favorite local Chinese food!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I haven't had a dish that I didn't like. The food is always hot, lots of flavor, and taste fresh. I'm always surprised that they are not packed. The prices are a little expensive but the quality of food is amazing and you get a lot of it.

Visited July 2013
Brighton
“Top Notch Chinese”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been eating here for a number of years. I very rarely deviate from my order so I will comment on my specific dishes. You will not find a better Sweet and Sour chicken dish anywhere. There is a close second in Farmington Hills,MI, but Chee Kong has a lock on the top spot. The egg rolls are the very best and made in house. They are the bean sprout variety, not the cheap cabbage knock offs. It's a mom and pop establishment. It's a shame they aren't far more busy. It really is a hidden gem. I've gone with other people over the years and they also feel the food is great. BUT, take my word for it, if you like S&S Chicken or the real egg rolls, there is no better place. I've been all over the country and all I get is S&S Chicken, Davison,MI has the best.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Michael P
Davison, Mi
“Best Chinese in town”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Love this place the food is always really good. If you dine in try the hot mustard sauce but make sure you have plenty to drink.