“Plenty of food for price.”

Lucky's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Davison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We go here often. Their food is excellent from steaks to seafood and pastas. They also offer burgers, good apps and the best potato soup ever. They will bring baked bread to your table to share. I also love their salads. Not much we don't like. Waitresses are friendly and go out of their way to help you. Usually starting at 5:30 they start to get busy. They do not take reservations. Large bar area along with dining room it seems to move quickly to get seated.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

No better food anywhere, but be prepared to wait for a long time, Luckys is always busy and the weekends are the worst. You mostly have to stand as there is hardly any seating available, but the food is worth the wait.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been going to Lucky's for as long as they have been open. They have a wonderful and affordable menu. The food is fantastic. I struggle going to other steak houses because they just don't compare. The bread is amazing. Soups and salads are great. Steaks are amazing! I only get to go when I visit back home. It's always packed no matter what day you go. This is a very good sign!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Okay so here's the scoop. DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT UNLESS YOU'RE SUPER HUNGRY!!! I am telling you this because many times I find it hard to get past the bread and salad! The bread is limitless. They'll bring you 20 loaves if you want, as long as you keep eating them. So after you go through a few loaves of bread, then they bring you your salad. Well if you're like me and order the wedge every time you go there, you'll soon find that's all you need. But you have to order a steak. It's just not right not to. I mean really. Who goes to a steak house and then only eats salad? It's just not right I tell ya.

So anyway, I eat my fourteen loaves of bread and then. Awwwwww. The angels sing, the sky parts, and a waitress walks out with your "wedge". Oh my goodness!!! They take a head of lettuce and cut it into four wedges. They slap a wedge on a plate, then coat it with their HOMEMADE bleu cheese dressing, sprinkle it with bacon and tomatoes, and serve it up. Now let me tell you! There's nothing better this side of the Mississippi!!!! I have never liked bleu cheese dressing - until the first time I tried it on my wedge. (Or a "Wedgie", as my young son called it.) By the time I get done with my 14 loaves of bread and this wedge, I'm stuffed! No. I'm actually beyond stuffed! But wait......my steak's here.

Yum, yum, yum!!!! Cooked to perfection every time! Now I don't like my steaks to moo at me, or bleed on my plate, but I also don't want them so well done that they taste (and cut) like shoe leather! In the dozens of times we've been to this place, I only had to send my steak back once, and it just needed another minute on the grill.

If you're going on a Friday or Saturday night, expect a wait. They don't take reservations....a big downfall in my opinion. I go for lunch and am never disappointed. But regardless of when you go, even if you have a long wait, I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

Staff is usually VERY friendly. One time I had a waitress that was having a bad day and I just told her to send her manager over, and we got a new waitress, a couple of free drinks, and we were good to go. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone. Okay, well maybe a vegan.

Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Luckys has been a staple in Davison for close to a decade. Consistency and quality is the forefront of this operation. For your money it is the best steak at the best value within fifty miles, and now with locations in bay city, Fenton, and clio you have no excuse but to stop in and treat yourself and family. Service is always top notch and drinks are poured heavy at an even greater value than the entreé. You truly will not be disappointed in any of the multitude of menu offerings. A fabulous establishment both day and night!

Been to Lucky's Steak House? Share your experiences!