“Tardiness and Great Facilities.”

Crown Metropol Perth
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Perth, Australia
“Tardiness and Great Facilities.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We pulled up at about 4pm and at 5.15pm we were in a lovely room on the 7th floor overlooking the pool. Beautiful room, beautiful pool, gorgeous view, what more could you want, wellllll some service would be nice.
Even the original check in could have been smoother but it was busy. Still it didn't prepare us for when we thought a cuppa would be nice only to find the room devoid off any free beverages, of course there were plenty you could pay for. To cut long story short it then took us over an hour to organise a cuppa which isn't good enough considering prices and reputations, We were h7hrs and we;ve spent 2 waiting for service.

Room Tip: North facing in the winter and summer
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments.

It is noted that your experience was mixed and it is our commitment that our guests have a memorable and pleasant experience. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Crown Metropol and provide exactly that.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Crown Perth Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here 1 night with 2 young kids after spending 2 nice nights at the nearby Promenade....we were looking forward to it , being a 5 star hotel and all... Huge let down. Did not feel welcome from the get go and just felt like a dollar sign.... As soon as we got out of the lift was hit with a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the corridors and it remained that way.... The room was ok, nice view. However, the carpet was dirty and stained and when I opened the glass door to the shower there was a mouldy smell. The highlight of the stay was the atrium buffet breakfast, that never disappoints. All in all I left feeling like I wasted my time and money... The worst thing was, we visit the complex often for dinner with family and they just lost previously loyal customers.... Go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

It is disappointing to learn that your experience did not meet expectations. We take all comments seriously as we are committed to providing a lasting and memorable experience to all our visitors.
We would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in Crown Metropol should you decide to return in the future.

Shah Alam
Reviewed April 22, 2014

It was my first trip to Perth and was undecided as to which hotel I would go for.

My final choice was to go for Crown Metropol and having experienced it over the 4 days stay was proven that I made the right decision.

I simply marvelled at the warm reception given from the time I stepped into the lobby. The attendant were so courteous and well mannered that I felt so at ease and comfortable being a foreigner in Perth. I would particular like to compliment Emma (the Chinese girl from Harbin) who really impressed me with her efficiency in checking in and more so in terms of explaining the hotel outlets, direction of places to go and offering her help whenever I face any difficulty.

The hotel lobby itself is very cosy and gives a very warm feeling for casual meetings and entertained by soothing songs from a live band. Those who opt to have some fun can enjoy their time at the casino which can be easily accessed via the lobby.

The hotel rooms have beautiful views and though the decor may not be the best but it is definitely clean and comfortable. Again, I speak highly of the staff in attendance from the concierge, house-keeping, telephone operator and even the porter. Everyone of them are so courteous and helpful with smiling faces all the time. This is really an experience which was actually beyond my expectations. I must say the management of this hotel can be a role model for many other hotels of similar grade.

The checking out was even super efficient which took me less than 2 mins.

I will definitely opt to stay in this hotel if I ever get to travel to Perth again. It has left a very deep and excellent impression that will be cherished, more so being the first time in Perth.

My compliments to the Management for such an excellent administration of the hotel.

Room Tip: Staying above the 6th Floor and facing the lobby provide a better external view from the window. I p...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed the weekend at the Crown with my partner, rooms are amazing, pool is absolutely amazing, pre dinner drinks and canapés was a little average. breakfast was great. we really enjoyed our stay at the crown

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TOURISTS2008
Reviewed April 21, 2014

From the moment we drove up the hotel we were treated like royality. The young man at concierge took car of our car, and our luggage and looked after us whilst we checked in. And next day helped us with directions and places to go. Check in desk was a bit slow. But everything else was very good. The hotel was very busy and we thought it would be very noisy but was fine once in the room. The hotel is a 10 minute drive from the centre but there is very little traffic really. Its the only 5 star place to stay in Perth my opinion and even though we are not casino people, it was as expected very nice and well appointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My partner and I recently had our second stay at Crown Metropol Perth, and we again enjoyed both the hotel and the facilities available at a Crown Perth. We had a Luxe King room on the 7th floor that provided a great view over the pool area. The bed was extremely comfortable, as was the small sitting area, and the bathroom was nicely laid out. We even found time to have a relaxing soak in the tub. This time we didn't get to use the pool area, but during our previous stay in March we spent a few hours relaxing and lunching by the pool. The choice of restaurants at Crown Perth is very good. During our previous stay we dined at Modo Mio. This time we over indulged at Rockpool, one of my favorites restaurants in Perth. After dinner we spent a couple of hours in the casino having a flutter. The only downside was having to queue at the desk during checkout while one of only two desk staff discussed an issue with her manager, leaving just one staff member to deal with guests. I do think a hotel of this calibre could improve guest handling during checkin and checkout.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We had been looking forward to our stay which coincided with a concert. Upon arrival we had to park miles from the hotel because the car park was full. There were a host of disappointing aspects about the hotel bit least of which was the hundred dollars they took on check in with a promise to refund within ten days. We were told there could be plastic covering the windows and of course no other rooms available. The pillows were great but that was the highlight of this hotel. Concert was great though.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments are a valuable insight into our business from a guest perspective. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Crown Perth Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Promenade Perth
Perth CBD
COMO The Treasury
COMO The Treasury
#1 of 81 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!