“Awesome View of the City and River”

Crown Metropol Perth
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was very fortunate to receive an upgrade from the Crown Promenade to the Metropol. I was moved into a very spacious and well appointed room. The staff were excellent- professional and helpful. Housekeeping went the extra mile and ensured the room was in pristine condition when I returned. A true highlight was the breakfast buffet. There was a deal for in house guests for $25. This is truly exceptional. The buffet was amazing. Traditional western section that contained small fillet steaks, omelette station and all the side. Multiple asian sections with Indian, Chinese and Japanese influences. The bakery section that included glazed donuts, different breads and waffles. Just fantastic.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My partner and myself recently did a week away in perth/fremantle and I definitely think the crown perth was the best place we stayed in regards to value for money and comfort. The beds are so comfy, rooms nice and clean, lovely bathrooms. Obviously the restaurants in crown are expensive but its a casino so thats what you expect, and the food at nobu and rockpools is amazing. Id definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Upon booking in at the Metropol on Christmas Eve, we were quite excited. Didn't take long for that to change. The receptionist didn't smile once and wasn't going to let us stay as I had a debit card with a daily ceiling amount which didn't cover the night's stay and the bond!! After talking to her manager, it was fixed. She was quite rude about it all. The room was fantastic and all other staff very festive and cheerful.
I cannot believe that after paying an exorbitant amount for the room, we had so much more to pay for i.e., expensive mini bar, water, sunbeds (Up to $60 for 24 hrs (pool not open 24 hours), car park overcharge, breakfast. We went down to the pool and to our surprise all sunbeds were fully booked until after the New Year. There was nowhere for us to sit!!!!! I certainly don't want to arrive at a 5 star hotel and not be able to use the pool as we couldn't find a seat to pay for!!!!! Surely you need to review your prices and use of sunbeds.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank WendyB110
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Checked in Christmas Eve, at 11am, with the promise our room would be ready soon, and we would receive a phone call as soon as it was, check in is 3pm, come 3:30 we asked if our room was ready yet, to be told it was waiting a final inspection. This was a little disappointing, as we wanted to set the tree up and put our presents under it. I would think if check in is 3pm all rooms for guests checked in would be ready.
The pool has lovely cabanas and day beds for hire, there were booked up for our entire 4 day stay, had I realised you could book them in advance, I would have. The disappointing aspect of this, is 1/2 of them sat empty the entire time. Surely if they aren't going to be used, they should be re hired.
There is a lack of shade beside the pool (and in busy periods, not enough sun beds). The sun shade on Boxing Day, were all together, which meant a whole area was left without shade - yes I'm burnt.
The Rooms are lovely, ours had some minor (and I mean minor) maintenance issues, which we reported, and recommended it be fixed after the holiday period.
Food service beside the pool was quick, once ordered, beverage rather slow. Meals at the pool were large.
We had breakfast in the atrium twice, all was great, except the only issue is tea and coffee service is a little lax.
We did the Atrium for Christmas dinner and it was expensive, but the food was lovely and beverages were included, Santa was there for the kids and each child was given an age appropriate present.
We tried to make bookings for restaurants to be told they were fully booked, as hotel guests, I would think some tables would be reserved for us, apparently not. This was a shock to not only us, but other guests, who expected to be able to make a booking once checking in.
Check out was slow, and our luggage never made it to the car, we had to go in search of it.
Overall we had a pleasant stay, but for the prices being charged, they still have a way to go in service levels to justify the price.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank jacohen04
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here after flying into Perth late at night and then had an early start the next day, but the small amount of time we spent here was well worth it. The check-in was easy, the rooms very nice, clean and spacious and our in-room brekkie was a top way to start the day. Loved the Christmas decorations in the foyer, spectacular.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the crown complex for a night away. The night was really nice and on the night had no complaints. The next day the systems were down, (which happens) and they took my details so they can send the room deposit. They said it would take a week. Two weeks later, i didn't receive no deposit. I called up and got told they sent it out. called another week later. Got told it has not been sent out. Called again and told by the manager they sent it and will get it within the time they told me. I did not get it in this time, Called again and got told they will call me the next day. I have not heard from them nor seen my deposit from my stay over a month ago. They cleary do not care about their previous customers or helping them. very disappointing end to a hotel i would of told all my friends and family about.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed at Crown with my 8 and 6 yo kids just before Christmas. We had a family package deal which I thought was good value for money in always pricey Perth! We had a ball, it was hard to get the kids to leave the complex! Our arrival greeting from the concierge and from reception were super friendly to both me and the children. We chose to valet park the car, which at $40 is not cheap but the convenience was well worth it with one child on crutches. The massive Christmas tree in the lobby was an instant hit, seemingly with all patrons. Our room was large, clean and spacious. By far our favourite part of our stay was the rock-star swimming pool, it's gorgeous, with sun loungers, cabanas, and water slides for the kids. I am looking forward to staying again, and would definitely recommend to others. Special thanks to concierge Jacqui, she went far beyond expectations to add to our enjoyment of our stay, from making resteraunt reservations to recommendations of activities for the kids in the complex and in Perth, checking in with us with a smile whenever we were in the lobby. Thanks so much for your efforts Jacqui, you are an asset to Crown.

Room Tip: We were on floor two and didn't find it noisy at all.