“Top quality hotel with great service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Sydney, Australia
“Top quality hotel with great service”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed recently at the Metropol. I expected a lot for the room rate being charged and was not disappointed. The check in was smooth and I was given a room with a view of the poolside and river, rather than the car park. The room was well appointed, had a cutting edge design and was ultra clean. I was on level 7 so it was super quiet, shielded from the noise below from the casino crowd. The bed was very comfortable. I used room service on the one night I elected to dine in, as I could not get into my top 2 picks from the extensive array of restaurants in the Crown complex due to it being full. I used the poolside bar adjoining the lovely pool setting; very resort like and good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, not over the car park.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Expected so much from this hotel but was let down with a few bumps and incidents.

1/ The club access lounge was not at all what I am used to. The 'limited' canapes was a let down. Even worse was the quality of the turkish bread served with the so-so dips.The service was just ok if not a bit annoyed.

2/Our key was not programmed to enter the club- had to wait for someone to come while we waited.

3/ The key issue happened again the next morning after breakfast. Had to wait again.

4/ The most disappointed part was the dinner buffet at Atrium. This is meant to be the best buffet in Perth and it was from even being the best of a 'club' meal. Understand seafood are frozen but everything was tasteless and terrible. The Oysters and prawns- the two key drawcards were a let down. We had to get up and leave. Went to Nobu to finished off our dinner.

ON THE PLUS SIDE

1/ The place is gorgeous

2/ The club/spa king room is lovely and spacious

3/ The pool, jacuzzia and the spa is superb.

4/ Service is precise, customer service is friendly and obliging. The service provided by Leon from the Club Lounge at breakfast made up for all the incidents happened the night before. He was delightful and very helpful. Even got us the sausages that were not on the menu.

5/They made up with a late check at 2.30pm. But looking back, we'd preferred to check out on time and actually enjoyed that BEST BUFFET in Perth as recommended by many online.

2 Thank Ullastudio
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to read of your experience at 9 Lounge and The Atrium, while we do get positive feedback on the offering at both outlets, we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion for which i apologise. Your feedback has certainly been followed up on as well as your experience with the room keys.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the service. We do hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Straight off the plane, 10 min drive. We stayed for 2 nights, casino was great, plenty of eateries/restaurants of different styles and pricing. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the car park at the back, a view of the river and tropical surrounds of the pool would've been nice, but there was really too much happening to be in the room anyway. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the room had two double beds, lounge and a great modern bathroom, all the facilities required....BUT NO TOILET BRUSH!!!!!... lose a star for that one.

The "convenience" store is quite small, only about 8x4m but seemed to cater for a good variety of essentials, was tucked away down only where guests going for a swim would know its location, so we had to ask.

Everything is a little pricey, but hey, your at a casino, having a good time, good food and a good variety of beers and wines (no need to drive :) )

Recommend for anyone to stay at least once in their life.

1 Thank David B
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently had our 2nd stay at crown Metropole Perth. Pretty sure we were put next door to our former room !! This hotel is great ! The rooms have been refurbished beautifully. They are modern simple and elegant . Both times we have had pool/city view rooms which is lovely.
The bathroom is huge and has a great rain shower. Lovely big tub, that we never quite get around to using.
Unfortunately our rooms were not ready on check in (well after 3pm) but yeh staff were apologetic and provided us with drink vouchers which eased our thirst.
I simply love the pool at this hotel and could send hours laying around it if it were not for the distraction of the many great restaurants, bars and of course the casino. We are planning a stay again in Feb and I hope to use the spa as it looks devin !!

The staff are great at this hotel, they truly are world class

Room Tip: Be sure to become a crown member and look out for great accommodation rates via the card.
Rockingham, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

A posted a great review of the Crown Metropol when my fiance and I stayed there when we had our engagement party at Minq Bar in the Crown Complex. We booked our wedding there as well, in the Astral Ballroom, but the service we received in the hotel for our 3 day stay was not up to scratch. It just seemed like no one knew what was going on... I requested an upgrade to the loft to assist with preparations on the wedding day (as we were going to have 12 people crammed into that one room), and as a back up, my maid of honour's room be adjoining to mine so we can spread out - both these requests were not honoured. They accidentally sent a bottle of wine to my brother's room instead of mine, they accidentally set up our pre-reception drinks in one of our guests' rooms instead of ours, I was walked in on by room service, one of my bridesmaids was so upset with the hotel that she asked if they could decorate our room with rose petals for when we got back after the reception - this was also not done, our room key was cancelled half way through the reception so when I popped back to my room to change shoes I was locked out! All of these things you do not need on your wedding day, and I was disappointed that I wasn't made to feel special or even looked after on my wedding day by the hotel, especially after spending about $14,000 :( If you choose to have your wedding at the Crown, expect the bare minimum, it just feels like they aren't fussed as they have so many weddings there... All take and no give.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly M
Thank you for your feedback.

I was disappointed to read that you did not have a positive experience with us during your stay with us on your wedding night. I apologise for this, especially considering the great service you experienced on your previous stay.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay when convenient. I can be contacted on 08 9362 8888. I look forward to speaking with you in due course.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

For $580-odd you get check in to a basic room on the smoker's 5th floor. The room has that familiar smell of ash, the voice of the vocalist drifts up from the foyer (she is good but for anyone that flew in from the east coast on the late flight, you probably don't want that to continue until 10pm/1am Sydney time.

I booked the hotel believing that it would be a replica of the wonderful Melbourne hotel (one of Australia's best). How disappointing wrong I was. It is the original Burswood casino hotel. The rooms now have baths and the usually good Crown amenities, but it is massively overpriced and very basic.

It is a $20 cab ride to a from city. If you are staying here, make sure you allow 20 mins wait for a taxi.

On the positive, the front desk and concierge where able to change rooms to a twin single bed non-smoking (as booked) upon request.

Room Tip: If you don't book a city hotel and choose to stay here, make sure you reiterate that you want a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor.

I'm glad to read that the team were able to change your room when requested. I apologise that your preference for a non smoking room was not noted on your profile, although not guaranteed, every effort is made to meet the preferences of our guests. I have also passed on your feedback regarding the entertainment in the lobby and the volume that was experienced during your stay.

We do hope to get the opportunity to change your perception of Crown Metropol Perth in the future. Thanks again for your review.

Perth
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed in a king deluxe room with park view ( car park ) rooms are great big bath lots of room and cheap by Aussie standards at $249 with breaky at the atrium which was very good specially the steak with bernaise sauce .we had meals at noodle 88 which was a bit plain 8 dishes everybody said the same ,and at junction grill late night snack 400 gm rib eye and chips with mushroom sauce ,with a beer $50 lasted longer then putting through the pockies
Spent the day at the pool what great pool area heaps of pools ,water slide for the little kids .
Only thing I hated was paid pool loungers ,I thought we paid for the pool area when we booked the hotel lounger prices $30 to $275 .but could do with more entertainment poolside for adults & kids

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Promenade Perth
Perth CBD
COMO The Treasury
COMO The Treasury
#1 of 64 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!